Author Topic: 2009-10 WSC ski/ snowboard season  (Read 44112 times)

Offline bobbyC

• Patchy Faced
2009-10 WSC ski/ snowboard season
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:40:51 pm »
With all this talk of snow... It's got me thinking on a daily basis on how bad I want to hit the mountains and talking to some of you, I thought of posting a thread to post where your going this week, pics of the unbelievable pow you just shredded or maybe you picked up some new gear you want to share! Who knows maybe we could organize a few WSC meet/ cruises?

For this year I'll be rockin Burton's environmentally friendly pants, yes the plad ones... A 08 Rome SDS all mountian board with a c/f core(loved it last year), ride dfc edition bindings and thirtytwo TW TWO boots.

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
Re: 2009-10 WSC ski/ snowboard season
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:06:20 am »
I've been watching snowboard videos since the beginning of August haha. I can't wait!

This season I'll be riding a shop edition (special colors) 08/09 Burton Hero board, Burton Cartel EST binders, and Burton Ozone EST boots. I'll be wearing one of two outfits... either electric blue AK pants and a Four Square bright orange/yellow plaid jacket (it's impossible to miss), or a brown/white Red Baron Apparel puffy jacket and Four Square tan colored pants.

Also, I'm trying to sell my powder setup (my Burton Hero is good at everything and so much fun!)
Check it... Endeavor BOD with Rome SDS 390 bindings

EVENT get the season started!!!

The B Movie Tour!!!

October 9, 2009 at the Uptown Theater!
612 8th Ave SW
Calgary, AB

Don't miss this Burton Snowboard Video of Epic Proportion!

Doors Open at 7 pm
Autograph Signing at 8 pm FREE (all ages)
The B Movie Premier at 9 pm (all ages) $2 tickets with proceeds going to local charities!

After Party at the Hi-Fi Club 10 pm (ages 18+)
No Cover Charge with Movie Ticket!
$7 Cover without Ticket

Hi-Fi Club
Calgary, AB
219 10 Avenue SW

See You There!

(copied from facebook)
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline AdamMc

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Skids..
  • Ride: 09 WRX 265
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:43:09 am »
oh yea!?

I'll be.. Falling.. With an Old Liquid El Cheapo board that cost me $400 with bindings/boots back in like 2004!

BEAT THAT FOO!

I rarely go snowboarding, and its a shame cause its so much fun.

Offline bobbyC

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:07:33 am »
oh yea!?

I'll be.. Falling.. With an Old Liquid El Cheapo board that cost me $400 with bindings/boots back in like 2004!

BEAT THAT FOO!

I rarely go snowboarding, and its a shame cause its so much fun.

up until last year that was my board! lol.It was a pretty good board I think I got mine back in 2000 iirc, now it's my rock board!

Offline AdamMc

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Skids..
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:11:02 am »
up until last year that was my board! lol.It was a pretty good board I think I got mine back in 2000 iirc, now it's my rock board!
actually i lied, my board is from 2001.  Wow time flies.

Offline bobbyC

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 10:11:24 am »

the top isn't white with a red water drop and the bottom is the opposite, is it? Cause that would just be wierd...

Offline AdamMc

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Skids..
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:13:59 am »

the top isn't white with a red water drop and the bottom is the opposite, is it? Cause that would just be wierd...

Nono, mine is blue, with white 'trim' along the edge.  The underside is grey and says LIQUID down the middle.

Offline Tabibito

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ***gleefully bitter***
  • Ride: 2012 2.0i Sport Wagon, and big white box with blinky lights.
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 10:49:47 am »
Still rocking my Lamar Team board, with Burton Cartel bindings (bindings broke on me *while* I was on the hill late last year, so I had an excuse to upgrade), and a really ittshay, cheap pair of boots :P

Boots are going to change before the season starts this year.
===========
A filthy Subaru is a happy Subaru.

Sean

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 10:51:42 am »
Just upgraded to a new O-matic limited Awesome board, and new matching K2 boots and bindings (not sure what model haha, they aren't here for me to go look at either :P)

Offline blackandwhite

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 00 A4
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 01:23:52 pm »
I am and will be rocking til the end of time my Technine MFM with the chrome and green haha, i think i bought those in 2003. As for the board it will either be my k2 or Ride board depending on if I am sticking to groomed runs or not. Every day means we are that much closer. It will be nice that I am back in alberta now not riding on ice in nova scotia

Offline flipincanadian

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 08 FSXT
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 01:30:01 pm »
I must be one of the only skiers around here.  Ill be rocking my Line prophet 90's and my beat old Rossignol scratch fs's.   Im incredibly stoked to get out there this year. 

Offline Mase-19

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 01:20:22 am »
dont worry flipincanadian, I ski too. I have a set of Salomn XWing 10 and technica boots and elan poles

06 WRX Wagon. STG 2. Invidia catless dp, maddad axle back, K&N filter, kartboy short throw shifter, 5000k HID, hella supertones, rally armour flaps

Offline rwolf

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 09 IS250 Rowing Edition
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 02:07:23 am »
oh yea!?

I finally ditched my ol Liquid board last year (from early 2000's) So slow and cumbersome compared to the Option Mirror I bought.

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 06:15:28 am »
contrary to popular belief, most snowboarders don't hate skiers.  and besides that, I'll give ya a run for your money ;)
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

ukr77

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 09:46:45 am »
Does anyone splitboard here?  Would love to hook up for a BC trip....if not at least a Castle MTN meet...

Offline Tabibito

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ***gleefully bitter***
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 10:15:13 am »
The only skier I dislike is the one who plowed into me resulting in permanently torn cartilage in my left shoulder. Other than him, you are all alright - especially when I get to watch you yard sale down a run ;)

Since I was already going to take Nov. 11 off work to rest up after Tiesto, anyone interested in hitting Sunshine on opening day?
===========

Offline bobbyC

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 02:17:20 pm »
Hmmm as the time gets closer i just might have to call in "sick"...

Offline Tabibito

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ***gleefully bitter***
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 04:06:18 pm »
Heh, when I sent my boss the vacation request, his response was "Hmmm, didn't know it was opening that soon. I might have to book that off too."

So just make sure your boss isn't going to be there too if you're "sick" ;)
===========

Offline Tabibito

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ***gleefully bitter***
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 04:38:01 pm »
Does anyone splitboard here?  Would love to hook up for a BC trip....if not at least a Castle MTN meet...

I snowboard, but I get a discount at Castle with my Sunshine pass.
I've never done backcountry, though, so I might not be the best person to go with.

On that note, any experienced backcountry boarders interested in giving a newbie advice?
===========

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 06:08:09 pm »
Does anyone splitboard here?  Would love to hook up for a BC trip....if not at least a Castle MTN meet...

I snowboard, but I get a discount at Castle with my Sunshine pass.
I've never done backcountry, though, so I might not be the best person to go with.

On that note, any experienced backcountry boarders interested in giving a newbie advice?

Lean back, but not too much.  Putting too much weight on your back foot will tire your thighs out in a hurry.
Don't be afraid to go fast.  Powder slows you down in a hurry, and as an added bones it don't hurt too much when you do fall, unless you're going REALLY fast.
Stay away from tree wells.
You know that funky little elastic thing around the bottom/inside of your jacket?  Use it.
Most importantly, make sure you know the snow/avalanche conditions and be prepared for a back country emergency if you are out of bounds (ie. not at a resort).  Carry a shovel, avalanche beacon, and any other recommended gear.
Be prepared to have more fun than you ever imagined possible on a snowboard.
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline honz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '10 FXT & the (late) Thugeye
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 02:21:31 am »
I have a brand new Burton custom x with new est bindings, this is to replace my 08 custom x that 'broke' midseason last year. Sadly, With school I don't know if I am going to make it out to use it enough. If anyone's driving out though, I would generally still be down. I've got avi gear, training and usually don't waste my time on groomed runs.
entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 09:13:19 am »
It's snowing at the resorts...
Fernie
Lake Louise
Sunshine
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline bobbyC

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 09:57:10 am »
It's snowing at the resorts...
Fernie
Lake Louise
Sunshine

That's probably some of the best news I've heard all day, 2nd to my girlfriend coming home!

Offline Tabibito

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ***gleefully bitter***
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 11:09:58 am »
I have a brand new Burton custom x with new est bindings, this is to replace my 08 custom x that 'broke' midseason last year. Sadly, With school I don't know if I am going to make it out to use it enough. If anyone's driving out though, I would generally still be down. I've got avi gear, training and usually don't waste my time on groomed runs.

I'll be heading to Sunshine Nov. 11 and have room for two more in the car.

Speaking of room in the car, anyone put a roof rack on a GR STi? And if so, is it feasible to remove in the summer, or is it pretty permanent?

Oh, and in regards to the snow at the resorts:

HELL YEAH!
===========

Offline bobbyC

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 11:31:24 am »

I'll be heading to Sunshine Nov. 11 and have room for two more in the car.

Speaking of room in the car, anyone put a roof rack on a GR STi? And if so, is it feasible to remove in the summer, or is it pretty permanent?

Oh, and in regards to the snow at the resorts:

HELL YEAH!

you could probably put them on and remove the x-bars in 5-10min. Super easy!