Author Topic: Looking for work  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Tommy_tequila

• beards comin in nice
Looking for work
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »
I am officially putting my hat into the ring, getting back on the horse and other euphemism one can think of to get back into the regular work force.

My background:
I hold a bachelors degree in Advertising and Marketing, specializing in Graphic Design, primarily in print. I have been in the design industry for over 15 years, with a 5 year lapse (non-inclusive).

My purpose:
I am looking to get back in the game. I want to find a job in Calgary that involves either design or prepress or a combination of both. I have more than enough skill and experience. Resume will be sent to any leads provided.

My reason for the absence:
My daughter was diagnosed as having a neurological impairment 5 years ago so I quit my successful career and stayed home with her full-time. Recently she has proven that she requires my assistance less and less and as she grows older, she does not need me home full-time any longer. As some of you may also know, I am recently divorced and frankly, I need to work full-time to pay bills.  

So, if there is anyone out there looking for a dedicated, loyal and dynamic worker in this field, pm me ASAP.

Edit:
Also, just to put things out there. I am a pretty decent graphic artist. I have done some private work for some people on this site. The ASC logo I did a few years ago was NOT an example of my work (there were mitigating factors there). There are better graphic artists out there but I dare say none more dedicated. Further, when it comes to digital prepress, file manipulation and printing, I dare say I am one of the top people in Calgary, if not in all of Alberta, in this field. At least I was last time I worked and would be again in short order. If I can't get it to work, it's not a workable file, period. Not to blow my own horn or anything...:)

Oh, and my mom thinks I'm swell.  ;)
When life hands you lemons, get some tequila and salt , and call me.
- Bob

Offline Pee_Sack

• Admin
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Looking for work
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
+1 for Bob, great guy and great at what he does.

Good luck with the search.

Offline mtn05

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »
PM'd.

-M.

Offline SubieRoo

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Is slow. And beaten up..
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:34:33 PM »
Oh, and my mom thinks I'm swell.  ;)

:D

Awesome.

Good luck on finding a job!

Offline mtn05

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »
+1 for Bob, great guy and great at what he does.

Good luck with the search.

+1. Thanks D.

-M.

Offline Tommy_tequila

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 12:01:29 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement. It's been a long time since I had to 'look' for a job. My last two jobs, I called them up and told them they needed to hire me ASAP before I was off the market and I was in. I had a pretty good reputation in the industry but it was 5 years ago and people forget. I don't plan on getting the same response and I'm sure there will be a few months of 'rust removal' happening before I'm back up to speed, but I should be an asset to some company out there. :)
When life hands you lemons, get some tequila and salt , and call me.
- Bob