Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 2155 times)

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
Dark Souls
« on: October 26, 2011, 03:17:55 pm »
I'm surprised this game has not been brought up.  It has been rotting my brain for the last couple of weeks.  I can't believe how tough it is.  around every corner something tries to get you.  Anyone else enjoying this game?

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2016 Golf GTi
Dark Souls
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:36:40 am »
I still have to finish the final boss in demon souls, but I'll be starting dark souls in jan.  I have to spend a month in Cornwall Ontario.  Or as I like to refer to it = prison.

Except the food is better in prison and they don't close the gymnasium for conferences. 

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 10:02:18 am »
i lied. 

i started playing yesterday. 

already killed the bell gargoyles all by lonesome self. 

uckfay this game is hard, and generally infuriating at times.  I found one of those stupid metal boars and have no magic or projectiles so i had to lure it into attacking a flaming statue to kill it as even my halbred +5 would only do about 10 dmg

how far in are you jackal?

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:44:48 pm »
I am almost done the first run through on the game.  I have done all the areas except two.  I skipped some of the bosses though,  and I'll need to go back to face them.  I have been addicted to this game for a couple months now.

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Dark Souls
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 08:52:05 pm »
What class did you make?

Offline ValuggrSTI

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2011 STI Sedan DGM
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 08:20:49 am »
I just finished Anor londo on my second playthrough. Been doing A lot of PvP but Still realy enjoy playing the story. Im probably gonna finish the onion man/solaire story lines this time. Last play through I didnt really explore a lot of the back stories.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 01:37:37 pm »
What class did you make?

I made the Thief to start,  but I have found that you can emulate any class you want just by equipping the right equipment.  I chose the Thief for the master key.

I just finished Anor londo on my second playthrough. Been doing A lot of PvP but Still realy enjoy playing the story. Im probably gonna finish the onion man/solaire story lines this time. Last play through I didnt really explore a lot of the back stories.

I have followed many of the story lines,  but have a couple meetings left for the onion head clan.  I am looking to get the thorn armour now,  but I keep getting invaded by jerks.  Most who invade have done the dragon head cheat,  and are very difficult to fight.   

Offline ValuggrSTI

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 04:46:49 pm »
Yeah I raged my first play through and killed some NPC's. Onion head story is a must for that sweet sweet tinanite slab.
wht soul level are you? most dragon head glitchers were nerfed and over the 300lvl mark. Im at 125 which is where a lot of builds stop for PvP and dont have that hard of a time.

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 09:36:22 am »
from the start i have been building with light pyromancy use and prepping for a life hunt sythe.  I have my halbred +6 right now, so im just over half way at level 45

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 12:19:35 pm »
Yeah I raged my first play through and killed some NPC's. Onion head story is a must for that sweet sweet tinanite slab.
wht soul level are you? most dragon head glitchers were nerfed and over the 300lvl mark. Im at 125 which is where a lot of builds stop for PvP and dont have that hard of a time.

I have done an insane amount of grinding to level up as much as possible.  As soon as I could aford the crest that opens Darkroot basin,  I started grinding.  In fact I do some grinding every time I turn on the game.  It's been a little while since I fired up the game,  but I'm around the 200 mark. 

Offline ValuggrSTI

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 02:55:04 pm »
I havent focused on grinding at all since soul level 80. Story play through and invasion kills is where its at.

Get a nice pvp build and join the forest covenant. boom constant summons and I get around 68000-128000 souls per phantom kill.

Im now contemplating Skyrim......  ???