Author Topic: Jason R Morrow's 02WRX...No wing, More Group N, back to Stock Brakes  (Read 29088 times)

JasonrMorrow

Re: Jason R Morrow's 02WRX...New Seats-New Brakes
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »
Thanks for the pics and update Grant, I don't really add much to this thread anymore.
If I knew you would post the pics I would have put more magnets on, or at least 1 straight one !

Wow PAX by almost a full second, oh and did you get your new harness pads in yet?

Not yet, they are backordered still. Pretty annoying, sorry for the delay, I didn't expect them to be backordered for over
a month (or 2).

Nice. Congrats Jason.

Thanks guys, continuing to prep for the USA, learning to tweak the car for conditions, driving through/around issues etc.
Bruce is getting too close for comfort in a car that isn't prepped NEAR as much as mine. The pax margin is closer than the raw margin, since we are both STX that's what we are both looking at. 1.1 secs is the raw gap to Bruce that concerns me, he coned away a run that was only .4 slower.

But yes, I have had good success at Namao this year, thanks for having us ASA, we even stole an ASA member for the winning ECC team !

I like these results for Event #2 as well...if you don't know who Pat Smith is then you wouldn't know why.
http://www.mrheavyfoot.com/files/results/2011/Event2_pax.txt

Online Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2011, 03:50:49 pm »
What harness pads did you order/do you need? I may be replacing my harness soon for a HANS compatible unit and the pads may be replaced as well.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

JasonrMorrow

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2011, 03:55:25 pm »
What harness pads did you order/do you need? I may be replacing my harness soon for a HANS compatible unit and the pads may be replaced as well.

I ordered the Sparco memory foam pads.
http://sparco-usa.com/pharness_acc.asp?id=541

(Anyone else notice that the 2 pics on that site are Sabelt harnesses/pads, my cheap Sparco 4pt is made by Sabelt-fine by me!)

The reason Derrick wants to know is because he gets my Sabelt harness pads when these come in.

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 09 2.5i Hatch RIP
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »
I am not in a huge rush, my GF bought me some subaru ones but I think the orignal ones looked a lot more comfy.  But the belts are holding my butt well in the seats now :)

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Jason R Morrow's 02WRX...New Seats-New Brakes
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2011, 10:57:18 pm »
So after a few events how at the rs3 doing?

JasonrMorrow

« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2011, 07:10:31 am »
It was raining Sunday in Ft Macleod so we ran the new Dunlops. We only have 1 event left at Ft Macleod before the trip to Packwood so I hope its dry. We will use them at Deerfoot Mall on Sunday as well if its dry and warm.

The Dunlops aren't a bad choice either. I'm considering running them at Packwood anyways, only because they are familiar. I haven't quite decided what (if any) setup or driving differences there are between them and the Dunlops.

They aren't some magic "go faster" tire though, in my opinion of course.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2011, 08:13:46 am »
They aren't some magic "go faster" tire though, in my opinion of course.

I've gotten to drive on 'em at the last 3 autox, so I can second that!  They just feel like "another ST tire".  They stand out from the pack in being slippery when they're stone cold, and by having a very nice forgiving limit.

Offline Murray Peterson

• Patchy Faced
  • Profile pic by Ian Gulinao
  • Ride: Honda S2000
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2011, 09:24:13 am »
The RS-3's seem to give a bit more feedback (to me) at the limit than the Dunlops.  But if it's cold, I'll take the Dunlops.

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Jason R Morrow's 02WRX...New Seats-New Brakes
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2011, 09:29:28 am »
Awesome thanks for the feedback.  I have to get new tires in Vancouver and seeing if spending the extra on the star specs were really worth it or not.  Already have to pay more with the hst bs and not dealing with Kyle.

It's not that I am looking for that special tire but if thy hold up for the most part as well.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:48 am »
The RS-3's seem to give a bit more feedback (to me) at the limit than the Dunlops.  But if it's cold, I'll take the Dunlops.

I'm of the option that it's more that they have a "very forgiving drop off in grip when over the limit" rather than "feedback at the limit".  But we're probably talking the same thing.

Offline Tenacious_B

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
  • Ride: 2016 Escape Failtanium
Re: Jason R Morrow's 02WRX...No wing, More Group N, back to Stock Brakes
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2012, 10:06:04 am »
Bump from oblivion!

Jason how would you review that Deka Battery?  I've been trying to decide on a light battery, but since I drive the car only 1-2 days a week even in the summer, I'd hate to come out to the car and have it not start.

The other option I suppose is to just swap it in and out for trackdays but that seems like a pain.
I used to drive Subaru's.

JasonrMorrow

Re: Jason R Morrow's 02WRX...No wing, More Group N, back to Stock Brakes
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2012, 10:02:45 pm »
The battery has been great, just buy a single $35 battery tender and keep it on the charger. It's been great for my application and 100% reliable to this point. We are very careful though with key on engine off use. Unplug the trunk light, turn dome light off, remove key all the time etc.