Author Topic: 2009-10 WSC ski/ snowboard season  (Read 44111 times)

Offline rex 123

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: 2009-10 WSC ski/ snowboard season
« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2010, 10:12:41 am »
I don't doubt that there have been ppl riding back country for before Jone's time but if you check out the terrain this guy rides and the stuff he goes up not just down. Its mind blowing and stubbornly pushing the boundary. So maybe not the god father but the stubbornly someone who is progressing the sport.

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2010, 10:21:50 am »
agreed
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2010, 05:26:46 pm »
vouch for the Lib-tech and Gnu Camber boards... they are unbelievable
Official Anti-Purist

Offline Zee

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2009 STi
« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2010, 04:18:02 pm »
I've heard lots of good things about the Burton split board, but even most legitimate boards shop don't know too much about them. Do some research, figure out what you want, go to a board shop to buy your deck, and then you'll likely need to go to MEC (or similar) to get your skins, poles, etc.

What you really need if you are cat-skiing exclusively, is a no-board (Burton Nofish for example), or if you still want to be strapped in, the LibTech Banana Hammock is phenomenal.

I've heard the opposite about Burton splits. I want either a Never Summer or a Jones Solution. Both are going to cost an arm and a leg... but if funds are tight, I may settle for the new Voile Mojo RX.

Cat riding is too expensive... a couple of times a year is OK, but trying to get out 15-20 times a year in the backcountry on a cat alone is not possible without a deep bank account.

When I do ride, I take my Never Summer SL-R now, and leave my Lib pintail behind.