Author Topic: UFC predictions  (Read 7233 times)

Offline Flex

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 DGM STi
Re: UFC predictions
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 02:22:06 pm »
One thing for sure is Carwin will test Lesnar's chin. Lesnar is going to get hit harder then he has in any fight before. I think his chin will be will the deciding factor. I'm sure Lesnar will want to take the fight to the ground, I don't think he wants to bang with Carwin.

Offline RedlineMenace.

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Pork Choppy McMoose.
  • Ride: 06' OBP STi. Stage 2. Extra rad Driver.
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 05:38:33 pm »
Well, it actually looks like brocks got a hieght and reach advantage on Carwin. Brock lost 40lbs because of that health issue. Its hard to say how he will be when he fights again, but if he brought up his agility any, i think Carwin is set for his first UFC loss. (Hopefully by Knock the Eff out  ;D) I really like Carwin, but i love seeing That freak of science, Lesner, tear people down.
You can never go fast enough, because you can Always go Faster.

STIfler

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 07:05:24 pm »
Well, it actually looks like brocks got a hieght and reach advantage on Carwin. Brock lost 40lbs because of that health issue. Its hard to say how he will be when he fights again, but if he brought up his agility any, i think Carwin is set for his first UFC loss. (Hopefully by Knock the Eff out  ;D) I really like Carwin, but i love seeing That freak of science, Lesner, tear people down.

Lesner was wearing some serious heels last night. He's only 6'3". Carwin is 6'5".....and if you think Lesner is a freak of nature, then Carwin probably one ups him. He walks around heavier then Lesner and has to cut more weight to make 265. Carwin can also dead lift more too. Oh man.....I so can't wait for this fight!

Offline RedlineMenace.

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Pork Choppy McMoose.
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 07:22:02 pm »
*Ahem*

8) That was when they were supposed to fight before brock got sick. Not a lot shouldve changed. It doesnt say there but brock also has 3 inches of reach to his advantage.

STIfler

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 07:32:15 pm »
I dunno. Someones not telling thr truth. Here are the official ufc profiles from ufc.com

http://www.ufc.com/ShaneCarwin

http://www.ufc.com/BrockLesnar

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 08:17:38 pm »
that would be so awesome if UFC came to calgary!  any details on WEC on the 20th of June?  those are really good fights too
Official Anti-Purist

STIfler

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »
In the article on mmanews.com, they said that the WEC card is the scapegoat. They have yet to sanction mma fighting the way UFC does in BC so if they don't get the green light in Vancouver, they'll move it to Calgary for June 20th and cancel the WEC card because they have the arena booked for that time.

Offline RedlineMenace.

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Pork Choppy McMoose.
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 08:36:18 pm »
I dunno. Someones not telling thr truth. Here are the official ufc profiles from ufc.com

http://www.ufc.com/ShaneCarwin

http://www.ufc.com/BrockLesnar

Yeah, the UFC should be more accurate. Except the announcers and advertisements for the fights last night repeatedly said that Carwins last 13 fights were from knockouts, and the UFC site shows Carwins fight against carlton jones ended with a submission from Carwin. Confusing indeed.

Brock really seems bigger than Carwin to me, theres no way brock got all that extra height last night from boots.  :P. Its safe to say Carwin earned his spot as a contender though, brocks only had 5 fights and hes got the Title. It shall be an epic battle, and i shall get epic drunk.  ;D

STIfler

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 12:05:37 pm »
UFC 112:

Anderson Silva wins by murder
BJ Penn wins by double murder
Matt Hughes wins by technical tickle

stefan

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 07:28:05 am »
Well.. that was retarded. What to do about Silva now.... (Dana White has no idea! )

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 07:43:19 am »
Well.. that was retarded. What to do about Silva now.... (Dana White has no idea! )

Bench him...if he wants to prance around like an idiot during his fights then let the next 2 guys in line fight for the belt and make Silva start right back at the bottom.  Hopefully that would be enough motivation to start fighting like he should.

Offline 4stAir

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 STi
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 04:59:40 pm »
Quite disappointing for sure.

If Silva's good enough to be giving dance lessons to Mia mid fight, why couldn't he knock him out?! I say make him fight at heavy weight.(He'd still destroy)

I was quite impressed with Edgar though, I thought Penn was going to KO him in the second round. Is a rematch going to be his first title defense??

UFC 113 is in Montreal, god I would love to go! Love that city!!
"I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"-Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 12:19:52 am »
Well, its UFC time again

Lyoto Machida vs  Shogun Rua 2

Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley

Sam Stout vs Jeremy Stephans

Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrone

Patrick Cote vs Alan Belcher

and friends
Official Anti-Purist

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 12:21:37 am »
Didn't know Cote was fighting...hope he gets another chance to move up again.

Offline harrymonster

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 265
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 09:31:15 am »
that would be so awesome if UFC came to calgary!  any details on WEC on the 20th of June?  those are really good fights too

Going to bring this one up but UFC has announced that they're coming to Calgary for 2012!!

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/03/01/ufc-149-plans-for-calgary-debut-in-july/

rith

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 09:46:51 am »
I kind of lost interest in UFC, sketchy decisions and lame match-ups kind of ruined it for me..  :/

Offline harrymonster

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 265
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 10:43:14 am »
Yeah, it got boring for a bit, but with new weight classes there's a lot of talent out there.  All the big names back when it was exciting are getting old, liddel, wanderlei, fedor, dare i say shogun? nah, he still kicks assay imo. and i'm pumped that they got overeen in the strikeforce aquisition, i've been following him since his pride/k1 days

even rampage looked out of shape and squishy during his last matchup with bader where he didnt make weight.

Offline SlowLGT

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Your typical Asian driver
  • Ride: W164 BT, 02 C5Z06 Wasp
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:01 am »
Has anybody talked about that arm bar yet?

Yes, I know I'm bumping a 5-year-old thread 8)