Author Topic: FOOD suggestions near 32nd/Deerfoot?  (Read 3450 times)

vice1986

FOOD suggestions near 32nd/Deerfoot?
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:47:06 pm »
Since it's tax season I'm putting in more hours at work. Thursdays are 12 hour days for us and my boss is buying us dinner as part of the deal. I have no idea what is around here in terms of decent take-out food. So what's around? I'm on 32nd Ave just off of Deerfoot. I know theres a pub nearby and a pizza place (which I DON'T want....too much pizza the past couple weeks). Just curious as to what your suggestions would be!

--
title edited for clarity
~pistachoo

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
Re: FOOD
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:04:36 pm »
I work really close to that. Head east on 32nd toward Barlow and there's plenty to be had.

Thai Boat: Delicious Thai food, some of the best i've had in Calgary
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Thai+Boat+Calgary&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Thai+Boat&hnear=Calgary&cid=2063877457478281664

Cattle Baron: Steaks, etc
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=10600661426713417700&q=cattle+Baron+Calgary&gl=us&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=rt2rS4aTOpTozASYkdGiDA

Nandos
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=4265631344982225257&q=nandos+calgary&gl=us&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=w92rS9_GAqG2zAS71rilDA

Those would be my top three choices....

if you're in the mood for vietnamese, try Basil on 32nd, a couple blocks east of Barlow.

Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

vice1986

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 04:13:58 pm »
Excellent. Thank you!

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 06:13:55 pm »
Nandos I heard is good, that's on my hitlist next time I go down to Calgary.

Someone else hearts it too:
http://ugonnaeatthat.com/2010/03/24/calgary-i-heart-nandos/
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:38 am »
i had jack in the box today. greasy and typical.

i also had some pub food downtown spokane across from sushi.com and i forget the name. something irish. awesome food!
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 09 2.5i Hatch RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 09:11:35 am »
i had jack in the box today. greasy and typical.

i also had some pub food downtown spokane across from sushi.com and i forget the name. something irish. awesome food!

Try The Onion,  when I was there a few years ago it was pretty darn tasty...humm just realized it was about 10 years ago.

http://www.theonion.biz/

humm from the outside that nandos place didn't look so good but after visiting that review I will have to go give it a try now.

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • testing, testing, 1,2,3...!
    • Shane
  • Ride: 2018 WRB STi and 2000 JDM Forester STi
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 09:52:57 am »
+1 for Nando's. It is a nice place, and the food is quite tasty! Christy's Chicken is there too which is also pretty good.

Thai Boat is good... pretty much any of the above are good choices!

I also work just down the street... on 23rd st.

FS: 2014 BMW 320i x-drive 2.0 turbo awd. PM for details

Offline mudferret

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: MMVI WRX
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 09:55:48 am »
I know there's a plethora of awesome ethnic restaurants around there (my office is near SOC), unfortunately it's hard to tell at first glance what's good, and what might kill you.

Offline bigdl

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 09 2.5i Hatch RIP
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 04:48:08 pm »
I tried Nando's the other night and boy was it tasty. 

Offline 4stAir

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 STi
Re: FOOD suggestions near 32nd/Deerfoot?
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 04:53:41 pm »
+4 for Nando's. I hit it up everytime I'm on 32nd. Get the extra hot half chicken meal w/peri fries...mmmm fries.
"I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"-Jeremy Clarkson

boiboi9

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 05:15:08 pm »
What about all day breakfast??? Perkins..... I get the tremendous 12, its also great for a hang over, IMO

If you ever do feel like pizza again... You can not go wrong with CoCo brooks, its on the corner of 19th and 32nd, near popeys suplements. If you ask for what is on express you do not have to wait for like 15 mins while its made and prepped...

vice1986

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »
Well last week we had some food from Thai Boat. I have to say I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't bad or anything, just OK. Just now, I finished some food from Basil. WOW. I really enjoyed that much more than Thai Boat. I know of course that Vietnamese and Thai food are very different, but the food from Basil seemed to be much fresher in comparison.

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 02:03:46 pm »
Thai Boat seems to have off and on days, but in general I think it's really good. What did you order?

A good chain place on 32nd is Fatburger, but it's not NE exclusive (there's another one in Deerfoot Meadows). If you haven't tried it before, it's a good "gourmet" burger place.