Author Topic: The Coffee/Tea thread  (Read 12771 times)

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
Re: The Coffee/Tea thread
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 11:10:33 pm »
Sure, if they offer free wireless and you can connect and chat.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 11:54:28 pm »
Doesn't count as a meat unless you go for a cruize afterwards.
Don't forget to bring a hat, so that you can turn it sidewayz.

Also, that artigiano coffee is win. I prefer the house beans over the italian mafia roast though.

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2010, 11:55:26 pm »
The you-won't-believe-it's-decaf decaf is pretty good, too.
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2010, 08:30:19 am »
I can't believe I had some I can't believe it's decaf decaf this morning.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

stefan

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2010, 08:46:51 am »
I can't believe I had some I can't believe it's decaf decaf this morning.
Make sure you have had your coffee before reading that comment. ow.

stefan

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 06:38:58 am »
Right now I'm enjoying a cup of Kicking Horse Pacific Pipeline. Probably one of my favorite roasts. Mmmmm.
Just trying it now on your recommendation. It's really good.. probably the best medium-ish roast I've ever had!

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 07:17:24 am »
Just trying it now on your recommendation. It's really good.. probably the best medium-ish roast I've ever had!

Glad to hear! I'm having a cup now too as we speak.
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline Cyni

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2009 Audi A3 2.0T
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2010, 02:22:55 pm »
Just found this thread again... couple points/recommendations from me.  I can attest to there being something "extra" in Tim's Coffee... I found that I was getting massive headaches on the weekend, even when I picked up McDonald's coffee on saturday/sunday's (which I prefer, but did not have access to during the week)... Once I stopped having timmy's during the week, and just drank normal instant, or any other chain's coffee, the headaches disappeared.

Very strange. 

I actually like McDonald's coffee quite a bit, people laugh when I tell them how good it is now, but they really did improve it a lot. 

Starbucks is the closest to my building downtown, and although its my least favourite of the chains, their Toffee Nut Latte is actually quite good.

Second Cup, as mentioned previously in this thread, is very hit and miss... Some places it'll be FANTASTIC, others it is worse than Starbucks.  I VASTLY prefer their Vanilla Latte to the Starbucks version though... Especially if made at one of the "good" locations.  Mike @ Second Cup in McKenzie makes the best i've had btw... In fact their whole staff is really good.

Downtown, I recommend the Nutella Latte from Deville... Friggin' delicious, especially if you like Nutella :)

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2010, 02:52:00 pm »
While in Portland we stopped by Stumptown Coffee, one of the most highly acclaimed coffee shops in the city (there's quite a few good ones). I had their Americano and it was by and far the smoothest most enjoyable espresso I've ever had. So, so good.

Also took home a bag of their Indonesia Gajah Aceh beans, and bought a Krups Burr grinder to make the most of the beans. It's a little more acidic than I like most of the time, but the more you get into the cup the better it gets. Definitely one of the better tasting blends I've had. If you're ever in the Portland area, or want to try a delicious drip blend (you can buy online!), check them out!

EDIT: <- Anyone ever had syphoned coffee? I'm interested in picking one up and trying it out.
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr