Author Topic: Unoriginalusername's SPW STi 2010: Back from the dead.  (Read 45091 times)

Offline Unoriginalusername

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2010 Subaru WRX STi
Re: UnoriginalUsername - rollin on xd9's, and some JDM bling lol
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 12:23:23 pm »
Well after a little wait I got over lays for my tail lights, just gotta get the guts to attempt to put em on. I'm a little nervous at the idea of ruining them lol.

Offline Myz

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 265 WRX Sedan
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 10:10:16 pm »
Throw them on Before sunday's event  @ Mac Island 8)
Sure, Taking a Turn Without The E-brake Is Quicker But It Looks So Much Better With The E-brake

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2010, 12:51:55 am »
I might attempt it tomorrow depending on weather, I want to just take off the lights but if it's gonna rain I'm not gonna do it. We will see though, I would really like to get it done. Tired of the ricer lights hahah.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2010, 01:52:22 am »
Not sure if this would work but it might be worth a shot.. It's what I do when I put my stickers on my car (and trust me, I have a lot of stickers).

Spray down the taillight until it's sopping wet.. Then apply the overlay.. The water will allow you to slide and place the overlay, and when you're happy with the results, squeegee the water out w/ a credit card or something.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 12:17:31 am »
Yeah that's what the instructions say to do and that's the plan, gonna go and use baby hair soap, which is what was recommended to me. I'll post pics when it's done I'm still on a stretch of nights, last one being tomorrow yay.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 02:17:44 am »
So a little bit of a update: no tail light overlays yet, but I did order a new goodie. Redline leather shift boot, and e brake boot. Should be here by next week, the one thing I really hated about such a nice car was itshay pleather boots, so I ordered black leather with red stiching to match the rest of the interior. As well I really want to change outnthe silver in the interior, and I would love to go with brushed aluminum but there are no kits as far as I can see at least. Maybe I'll just take the interior apart and paint it black. As well I'm looking at ordering a weighted shift knob, something like 460grams, I really like TWM performance, but it is expensive. Any good ones that have good weight behind them I should look out for? New pictures and stuff will come as the mods come.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 01:23:52 pm »
Yeah the stock one is a hearty 170 grams which isn't bad, but the twm one I'm looking at weighs in at 500 grams, so over a pound in weight.

Offline Myz

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 09:37:02 pm »
Nice one Unoriginal.....I'm sure the new boots are gona look shweeet in there.
Keep up your momentum cos i find your slow yet steady build quiet impressive/interesting 8)
Sure, Taking a Turn Without The E-brake Is Quicker But It Looks So Much Better With The E-brake

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 01:16:08 pm »
Hahah I keep trying to keep having somethingnin the mail all the time but funds don't always comply with that idea. Right now I'm torn between ordering white line sway bars, or going stage two. Lol decisions decisions.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010, 04:55:29 am »
So it's late at work, and I'm finally on a break thought I would just post a little update. I mentioned back in my first posts about how I was studying for the biggest exam of my life, the CRNE (the exam that decides if I get a license or not) and I passed it. Got my mark awhile ago but didn't know if I should share or not hahah. So I'm officially a registered nurse in Canada. Feels good to have my four years lead up to something like this. And in celebration I think it's time to order to the swaybars... If been putting it off until I had some money saved up, trying to be really smart about my life right now hahahah, trying is key word. Any suggestions as to where I should order the bars RCE s are the ones I want to go with as long as the price is right, or whitelines. I know about lightspeed, but anywhere else I could take to for competitive pricing? Thanks guys on advance for your suggestions. I want to support local shops instead of ordering from online, gotta support em so they don't close down.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 07:32:11 am »
Congrats! I know quite a few nursing students @ the U of C.

Dales brakes and alignment.
Sponsor on here, and they're out of BC.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 08:08:35 am »
yeah i gave them a shout, not a bad price at all considering the price of the bars out of the states are only a little less, BUT shipping is a lot more haha. I think the I really want to get the RCE's from there. And maybe for a christmas present i will get my self some RCE blacks to go with later on in the year hehehe. Happy Nurse exam pass, halloween, christmas, and ill try to even work my next birthday into that haha, maybe the gf will allow it heheh.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 08:18:32 am »
I'm surprised it's so expensive, considering they are out of BC.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 09:17:01 am »
No it's not expensive, I ment to say it's expensive from the states, I was quoted 130 bucks just to ship the bars so in the end it would cost me more to buy them from the states then from a local vendor. And that 130 was not including broker fees lol.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 09:18:05 am »
Right. Reading > Me

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 08:29:12 pm »
Alright, so I finally received my red line shift boots in the mail. They are great look much better then the stock crappy pleather boots. The leather with red stitching almost matches the car perfectly. I think I may install them tonight, just gotta get some tools. Also my tail lit over lays are still not on because fort mcmurray weather sucks, and every time I have time off it's either raining or windy. I also just ordered a new stereo for my car. Kenwood ddx514 double din touch screen with iPod cable. Ordered from sonic electronic it was half of what it would have cost to buy here and it even encluded install parts. Can't wait to get it in. Thanks everyone for following my build so far this winter there will be a big build up of parts while I wait for the next season to start.

Plans for the winter
- front and rear end links
- invida catted down pipe
- RCE sway bars
- RCE springs (decided to go with the blacks/regular as I don't want a big drop)
- top mount
- pro tune (hopefully I can get a good tune just unsure on who's the best heard a lot of good things about air boy but I don't know if he can make maps with my cob ap, which is what I would like to do)
- refinish my rims (let's here some input on this one guys, I love the style of my work emotions but the flat bronze is just too flat, also don't know if I want to go powder coat or painted what colors do you think would look good? Where is a good place to go?)

These are just some of the plans, but as we all know these depend of income, and other plans such as trips that I'm planning on taking. Next summer I will be heading to Germany for a week, France for a week and italy for a week. I'm also going to be booking to take a car around "the ring" in Germany. I really want to get some set time in before I do this so I don't make s complete fool of myself out there.

Offline tom-s

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2011 Nissan GTR. 99' Hummer H1
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2010, 09:53:31 pm »
Yes he can tune with a cobb AP
Wheel works and get the, mounted and balanced at fastech in edmonton.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 10:06:51 pm »
sweet thanks for the input on where to go, now color options need to be choosen haha. Im thinking a bronze color, or gold, something along those lines. Something thats not too out there, but a little bit more so then what i have got going on now haha.

Offline tom-s

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2011 Nissan GTR. 99' Hummer H1
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2010, 10:56:30 pm »
takata green...Really though, if it was track wheels thats what I would get haha.  I would go bronze again, though I'm not sure on all the colours they can powder coat.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 02:09:24 am »
Yeah I'm not sure what colors they can do actually.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2010, 07:14:56 pm »
Alright so deck installed, took probably 5 min was the easiest install I have ever done. Sound quality is much improved. I ended up ordering a kenwood ddx514, but I think a mistake was made, and they ended up shipping me a ddx516. The price was perfect, and the interior looks so much better now.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 11:43:50 pm »
Well ive continued to improve my interior, the redline shift boots have been installed, and WOW. The quality is amazing and they look so much better then that pleather crap. Pics of deck install and boots will come tomorrow when I'm feeling less sick (at least I hope I will feel better). Can't wait for the super meet next year and be actually able to meet some people, and put faces to names. Also looking to order some clear bumper cover material and install it myself just for the winter, then take it off in spring. Also I'm gonna order some rock chip fixer stuff from the states, if anyone wants to get in on it just let me know.

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2010, 01:47:11 pm »

Kenwood DDX516

Redline shift boot

Redline Ebrake boot

Offline Myz

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2010, 10:32:02 am »
Naaaaaaice....
Small tasteful changes

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2010, 02:45:18 pm »
So after getting 4 photo radar tickets this summer, ive decided that a radar dector would be a decent investment. Just got myself a used passport 9500ix from a fellow member on WSC. YAY. Probably gonna order the hardwire install kit, and install this somewhere in the car.