Author Topic: Beans For the Troops  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Flex

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 DGM STi
Beans For the Troops
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »
Just wanting to let everyone know we are starting a "Beans For the Troops" Program.

Come on in to our store and you can donate a pound of beans (or hot chocolate mix or tea) and write a message on it and it will be sent to afganastan for our troops to give them a little taste of home. We will also for evey 10lbs. donated (or ten items) we will donate a pound as well.

Give our troops a little thank you for all their hard work. This will be an ongoing thing we will do, not just a short term thing.

Offline xrider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Beans For the Troops
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:09:16 am »
That is an awesome idea!! I really like when businesses show support for the troops, even though 137ave is across the city I will be making a trip down there to donate, and stock up on Second cup coffee. Sadly no second cup in fort Mcmurray, only starbucks and tims...blah. Paradisso dark all the way.

Offline Flex

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 DGM STi
Re: Beans For the Troops
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:04:14 pm »
That is an awesome idea!! I really like when businesses show support for the troops, even though 137ave is across the city I will be making a trip down there to donate, and stock up on Second cup coffee. Sadly no second cup in fort Mcmurray, only starbucks and tims...blah. Paradisso dark all the way.

You know....you can always give us a call and I can send you some up.... ;D

Cardinal

Re: Beans For the Troops
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:43:58 pm »
Just wanting to let everyone know we are starting a "Beans For the Troops" Program.

Come on in to our store and you can donate a pound of beans (or hot chocolate mix or tea) and write a message on it and it will be sent to afganastan for our troops to give them a little taste of home. We will also for evey 10lbs. donated (or ten items) we will donate a pound as well.

Give our troops a little thank you for all their hard work. This will be an ongoing thing we will do, not just a short term thing.

Seriously, I give you the High-Five-of-the-year award for this. That is a Fantastic Idea! My father (and well, every other generation in my family) has been posted overseas at least twice in their lives so Thank you very much for putting this on. And if you are a religious man, God Bless You. :)