Author Topic: Scotts Subaru + Sti = me super happy A+!  (Read 4272 times)

Offline fwa

• Stubbly Faced
Scotts Subaru + Sti = me super happy A+!
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:08:51 pm »
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to write good words about my experience with Scotts Subaru.

Excellent sales staff, no bs, straight to the point and very knowledgeable.  They work hard to ensure the customer is happy and provide a very reasonable and fair price.

They treat you very well and answer all the questions you have. (Believe me I had lots).

I picked up a 2010 Sti and it was ordered and held in the show room until I came to pick it up.

These people know how to provide good business.  They will go out of their way and drive the vehicle to you if you cannot make it to Red Deer!  Now thats service!

The customer service alone was worth the drive down not to mention the savings.

Anyone looking for a Subie head down to Red deer and you will not be disappointed!

When it comes time to get my forester I will be heading down to red deer again!

Thanks Jason and all the staff at Scotts!

Offline STI_Crazy

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2013 Cayenne
Re: Scotts Subaru + Sti = me super happy A+!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:24:12 am »
Ahhh, another happy Subie owner...

That's what buying a new car experience should be for everyone.
It's good to see that you finally got your dream car too.

Now we just need to go for a drive  ;) :D

Offline tmah

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:36:17 am »
Can you provide a "ballpark" of the savings?  When I looked at a new WRX and STI
in Edmonton, the service at Rally was ok but the pricing was nothing special (ie. MSRP).

Offline 2008impreza2.5i

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2009 WRX 265 with Stage 1 tune
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:38:10 am »
I bought a 2009 wrx 265 last november from Scott Suby, saw a little over $5,000 drop from msrp

Offline fwa

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:35 pm »
it was 4 digits worth of savings.

Savings aside the service and respect they treat customers with is worth the drive.

STIfler

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 01:09:06 pm »
Dealer cost on STI Base....about $36000
STI Sport Tech.....about $39500
WRX MSRP mark up is anywhere from $2500-3500 depending on the package.

You can figure out if your deal is "good" by those numbers. If your purchase price was below those numbers....kudos to you and your abilities to send a sales person home crying.

Offline fwa

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:59:23 pm »
Ha I did not get Cost.

I think it would be very difficult to get cost on an Sti without knowing someone fairly well.

Eitherway like I said worth checking out!

Offline fwa

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 04:59:43 pm »

Ahhh, another happy Subie owner...

That's what buying a new car experience should be for everyone.
It's good to see that you finally got your dream car too.

Now we just need to go for a drive  ;) :D

Send me a meeting request ;)

Offline Dronz93

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: DGM STI 2010
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 10:31:52 pm »
Hmm, when did you order it ?

I'm just wondering beacuse when I Picked my DGM STI there there was another one right behind it, same colour same package.

Offline trunger

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 05:28:48 pm »
not trying to be a grunt or anything.

they are always happy to sell you the car.
servicing is different until you have problems

like subaru city never ever wanted to help me
for any reason i have had multiple problems. even though the car was originaly purchased there.
2004 honda s2000 berlina black(track)
2007 honda s2000 imola orange(garage queen)

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 05:31:47 pm »
not trying to be a grunt or anything.

they are always happy to sell you the car.
servicing is different until you have problems

like subaru city never ever wanted to help me
for any reason i have had multiple problems. even though the car was originaly purchased there.

but you've never had any dealings with Scott Subaru... correct?

... and that's what this thread is about...

but hey... why should that make a difference right?

In all my dealings with the parts department at Scott Subaru, they've been great...
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Vicar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • VEX Performance
    • My other Passion
  • Ride: Horseless Carriage
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 05:33:29 pm »

In all my dealings with the parts department at Scott Subaru, they've been great...

nicely put Zev

For my part, Scott Subaru has been great every time we have worked with them, and that has been a lot!

VEX Performance | OS Giken | Airboy
FLIPP.ca | DBA | johnnysummersracing.com
Freestyle Designs.ca | Rally Armor | Endless
pic by Black Archer

Offline Pee_Sack

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 09:21:29 am »
+1 I have ordered a few parts through Scott Subaru and they have been great to deal with, even having to ship the parts to Fort McMurray for me.

D-cal

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:31 pm »
I sent a colleague for his scheduled service + other service to Scott Subaru, he saved $900 over what Subaru City wanted and he said they were absolutely the nicest people to deal with, washed his car, polite.

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 09:44:01 pm »
Yeah.. thumbs up for them for service.

We're in the market for another Subie...  they're priced a little higher than Edmonton but I'm sure we can work something out.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline saar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:10:08 pm »
I'd give them my business just on the general principle that I'm not supporting the Edmonton dealerships.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Offline nitram

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2008 STi
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 09:32:10 am »

parts or service?  parts is great (since they're always willing to sell you stuff), service or warranty work not so much.  I dunno how bad the dealerships in edmonton or calgary are but getting any warranty work at scott subaru is like pulling teeth. 

Maybe i've just been spoiled by honda/acura's amazing warranty with my last 4 cars (in a span of 10+ years) being a honda or acura.  But i would expect to not have to wait a year+ to have one problem resolved (and not have my car be their guinea pig while they mess around with my electricals even tho the problem had been a mechanical all along - which i had stated at the beginning along with information of others with the same problem and how it was resolved).  Because of that while they switch my batteries a few times they gave me one that leaked acid onto the inside of the frame which ate away at the paint which i touched up.  They also felt that my car didn't need the pastic piece that goes around the battery cuz they removed it and never gave me a new one.  ::)   i don't know what else they might've removed that's not visible to me.

Also i would think that a defective 12v socket that came loose would be under warranty, but nope, they told me because i plug something in to use it, they're not covering it.  So i guess the 60k / 3year bumper to bumper warranty doesn't allow you to use your car at all.

/rant.

Offline Vicar

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • VEX Performance
    • My other Passion
  • Ride: Horseless Carriage
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 01:05:49 pm »
parts or service?  parts is great (since they're always willing to sell you stuff), service or warranty work not so much.  I dunno how bad the dealerships in edmonton or calgary are but getting any warranty work at scott subaru is like pulling teeth. 

Maybe i've just been spoiled by honda/acura's amazing warranty with my last 4 cars (in a span of 10+ years) being a honda or acura.  But i would expect to not have to wait a year+ to have one problem resolved (and not have my car be their guinea pig while they mess around with my electricals even tho the problem had been a mechanical all along - which i had stated at the beginning along with information of others with the same problem and how it was resolved).  Because of that while they switch my batteries a few times they gave me one that leaked acid onto the inside of the frame which ate away at the paint which i touched up.  They also felt that my car didn't need the pastic piece that goes around the battery cuz they removed it and never gave me a new one.  ::)   i don't know what else they might've removed that's not visible to me.

Also i would think that a defective 12v socket that came loose would be under warranty, but nope, they told me because i plug something in to use it, they're not covering it.  So i guess the 60k / 3year bumper to bumper warranty doesn't allow you to use your car at all.

/rant.

wow.... really?

ouch

VEX Performance | OS Giken | Airboy
FLIPP.ca | DBA | johnnysummersracing.com
Freestyle Designs.ca | Rally Armor | Endless
pic by Black Archer

Offline nitram

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2008 STi
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 01:43:27 pm »
Yup and subaru canada doesn't help much either.  I've had them telling me my suggestion (which i had researched extensively along with being a mechanical engineer) for fixing the problem was a "whim" and that they won't do it unless i sign something saying that this is a last attempt and "good will"  ::) of subaru to try this method.  And this is what fixed the problem.  Instead of that, their idea was to cut into my ignition wire and connect a little LED light onto it to fix a starter/flywheel problem.  ::)  wow genius idea there.

Either way, i'm done dealing with scott subaru.