Author Topic: Next bike ideas  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Jitenshakun

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Next bike ideas
« on: July 28, 2010, 08:03:21 am »
I was helping a friend buy a Knolly Endorphin last night (also sold a $400 helmet for the shop I was in  :-\ ) and I was able to test ride a 2010 Trek Remedy 8 in my size (XL).

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Remedy, Endorphin, Butcher or light build Nomad as a trail bike and throwing a 180mm fork on my Delirium T.

Starting from the back of the list.

Butcher - I can see why its cheaper.  It weighs a fair bit for what it is and it can't pedal as well as a VPP bike.
Nomad - This isn't too terribly different from my DT. Sure, it climbs well but it really is a "one bike" type bike.
Endorphin - Can't find an XL to ride and this is really a FR bike in AM clothing
Trek - Seems like a good AM bike and for now the way to go

*sigh* 
You aren't mistaken; this post was solid gold.

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
Re: Next bike ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 09:12:18 am »
Hey Kev,

How tall are you? 

I'm 6'4" and the Knolly guys (both Brian and Noel) recommended I get a Large Endo as opposed to the XL.

They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Jitenshakun

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:10:20 am »
I'm 6'4" and I tried a large Endo in Fruita. It felt like my DT.

I think I want something with a slightly steeper seat tube so my butt isn't as far over the rear axle.   If I do this right my DT will see all the abusive trails and my AM bike will see all the uphills.

Offline TWRC

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2005 GRP Subaru Legacy GT LTD 5MT Wagon, Giant Anthem X2, Giant Simple Single
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:15 am »
I think you should build another Knolly.   >:D

Offline Jitenshakun

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 11:22:44 am »
The mid season kits Calgary Cycle has on the Endos are pretty damn tough to beat. They are better than my Edmonton bro deal and a buddy's Calgary bro deal as the kits and frames have been discounted by Knolly (I think).

Still, I don't think the Endo is the best bike given what I'm looking for.  Namely, to hang with my 145lb friends that climb forever on their 30lb bikes.

Offline SulfurLad

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • now, 20% more!
    • Azzurriffopubijix
  • Ride: 08 WRB STI + many bicycles
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:25:08 pm »
Me long time no post.  :)

Two of my friends got Remedies over the winter and have both been really enjoying them.  Both are equipped with 36 Talas on the front end, if you're into that kind of thing (which I am, though only the 32 variant!).  Either way, from the way they talk, you can't go wrong with the Remedy.

For my own, I'm still enjoying the love affair with Yeti.  This 575 is so fun.  :)
throw a rock in the air and you'll hit someone guilty