Author Topic: How to disconnect Seatbelt Beeper  (Read 2301 times)

Offline theostubbs

• WSC Supporter
  • Patchy Faced
How to disconnect Seatbelt Beeper
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:34:45 pm »
how do you disconnect the seatbelt beeper. no im not stupid enough to travel without it, but when just sitting in the car listening to the radio. or running into the 7-11 it's enough to drive the wife crazy....06 wrx.

-mach2

Offline STI_Crazy

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2013 Cayenne
Re: How to disconnect Seatbelt Beeper
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 07:35:04 pm »
I was wondering the same thing a while back. This is what i've learnt from Geelak900 and some posts on Nasioc but i haven't actually tried it:

"Reach up under the steering wheel and unplug the "integrated module" - it's a small black box. pry open the box and put a piece of electric tape over the piezo speaker. or rip out the speaker if you never want to hear it again. with the tape, it's much quieter and still functional, yet removable.

In order to disable it "permanent'y" (until the battery is disconnected), do this all within 30 seconds:

Open and close the drivers side door. Turn the key to the on position. Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds. Remove the key and open the door. Then, start the car. The seatbelt chime will go off 5 times (every time it is started) and then no more while driving.

HINTS: Never fully take the seatbelt out of the buckle. Release it and put it right back in. Also, make sure you count when the seat belt is released, not when you put it in."

-STI_Crazy

Offline theostubbs

• WSC Supporter
  • Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:35:46 pm »
Not sure if it will work on all models.

http://http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17413

Worked for me. I used to do the key on, then plug and unplug the seatbelt 20 times, but if you disconnected the batt, it came back.

Offline Bricksmith

• Stubbly Faced
    • SilverIsMoreRareThanGold
  • Ride: scoopless
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 08:05:42 pm »

In order to disable it (until the battery is disconnected), do this all within 30 seconds:

Open and close the drivers side door. Turn the key to the on position. Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds. Remove the key and open the door. Then, start the car. The seatbelt chime will go off 5 times (every time it is started) and then no more while driving.

HINTS: Never fully take the seatbelt out of the buckle. Release it and put it right back in. Also, make sure you count when the seat belt is released, not when you put it in."

-STI_Crazy

This is a very helpful post.  I used it before to fix the beeper and now need it again (since the battery was disconnected).  Thanks
Most fun drive ever:  Highway 99 - in the winter - in my Subaru.