Author Topic: Edmonton XC trail options  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Shanty

• Beards Comin in Nice
Edmonton XC trail options
« on: August 14, 2010, 06:59:58 pm »
Hey everyone,

Looking for some help finding trails in Edmonton. I have only been riding in Terwilliger park and want to find some more trails to hit. The thing is, I like up and downs, only dirt (or almost all) trails and single track is great. I am not sure where else to go that has a decent amount of trails to give some variety during a two - three hour ride.

I was thinking of checking out Hawrelak park, around grout road (in the woods, not the paved trails), or heading out to Elk Island park. Has anyone ridden in these places and is there a decent amount of trails in these places? I had heard there are some trails in the woods around Groat road but can't confirm that.

Please let me know. Willing to drive a bit (read less then an hour) to get some more variety to my riding. Thanks.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
Re: Edmonton XC trail options
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:35:40 pm »
Here's the Groat Road Roller Coaster:

It runs between Groat Road and Connaught Drive, ends up across from the Provincial Museum, and I think starts close to Stony Plain Road.  It's fun.

Check out some of the other videos on Youtube by Blender.. I tried Firemans last year but quickly found out I was over my head.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Shanty

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Edmonton XC trail options
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:48:18 pm »
hmm, looks pretty good. Maybe I will head there tomorrow and then after head to Terwilliger since that one looks pretty short. Maybe there are more trails in there though.

I have been down the second portion of Firemas but not the first part. I can ride most of it ok but cannot get up one hill that is particularily rooty. Going to have to try the top portion of Fremans though as it looks pretty good. I went out today but because of the amount of rain in the past two days it was really muddy. Normally I don't mind but it was so sticky that my tires were just packed and I had no tracktion. Not exactly good when going fast downhill coming to a corner. lol. Oh well, hopefully a longer ride tomorrow.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)