Author Topic: Zac's 2005 LGT Wagon  (Read 39091 times)

Offline Shanty

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Zac's Not So Family Wagon
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 02:33:32 pm »
Make sure you check out the engine position and mounts, etc. since the exhaust was hit. I have seen on Foresters where the whole engine was moved and torqued when they were rear ended due to the hit on the exhaust. Just to be sure since it would be bad to find out later after insurance is settled.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
  • Ride: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 Jeep WK CRD
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 07:01:11 pm »
thanks for the tip. I see that my midpipe is bent too so its leaking off the downpipe too.

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 08:30:43 pm »
A little update my car is finally in the shop getting torn down for a full estimate, so far its just under $8000. I still want to make sure my downpipe wasnt pushed and the turbo is fine but from the looks of it and when I drove it to the shop it was driving fine and hitting boost fine as well.

Also the body tech broke my other taillight taking it off so i'll be getting a set of 08 ones to replace them :)

Offline Grasp

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Soren
  • Ride: All Toyota, All the time haha! 1990s Hiace Van, Crown Athlete with 1J! and Altezza
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 09:28:46 pm »
zac - man, I was sorry to see this.  Not 2 days after you saw me on Kingsway, and you were pimpin' the kia Forte, my legacy got hit with my wife in it.  I wish it was the bumper... it's the wheel well and the rear door, so it's gonna be interesting fixing it.. :(
Right is tight. Come Check out the Import-Era
http://import-era.com

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 07:59:07 pm »
sorry to hear Shawn, I messaged you on SLi

Anyways news for me is that I have finally been approved for repairs. total cost is $8000, it was originaly wrote off so I called my insurance company and dared them to find my car for sale for less then $16000 so all in all they now value my car at $17000.

more pics!

Offline Guglianoh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Benson B20 Turbo EK/2012 Kawasaki ER6N
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 09:37:04 pm »
Noooooooooooo! by far one of the sexiest wagons I've seen in a while, I'm glad recent events haven't hindered your love for the car/build cant wait to see ACTUAL progress... by that i mean new shiny parts  :D keep it up!
Horse Power is a lot like sex, you can never get enough!

http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=27931.0

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2010, 04:26:35 pm »
thanks guys, looking to buy a couple of Prodrive round tip axle backs for WRX/STi's and have them fabbed up and put on the car to replace the STi cans, I really love the look and sound but tired of the attention from ricers trying to race me :(

Offline bejamin

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Forester, 2002 Outback Wagon
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 04:34:33 pm »
What are you doing with the Genomes? I have a friend who might be interested.
"It's a rally car. And we were bored with chess"

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 06:55:08 pm »
nothing is for sure yet but they will be for sale if I do end up replacing them.

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 10:09:25 am »
few more pics!

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 05:08:06 pm »
all masked, getting painted monday :)

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
Re: Zac's Not So Family Wagon, Paint Monday :)
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 07:30:44 pm »
so just want to write down a few future goals I would like to get done this summer:

-Build my own Heatshield for my intake
-Drain all drivetrain fluids and replace with Subaru Extra-S fluid
-Fix my broken stock grille and paint it to replicate a JDM SpecB grille
-Stoptech Rotors upfront
-Figure out what damn light bulbs I want! I must have been through like 10 different sets and i'm not happy with anything yet!

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Chev // 18’ X1
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 08:17:53 pm »
Light bulbs for what?

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 08:31:41 pm »
Low beams and fogs.

Tired of trying out all these ricey blue ones, pretty much read the whole Daniel Stern Lighting website last night, very good read for anyone that wants to know more about automotive lighting!

Was looking online for some Osram All-Season selective yellow H7 bulbs but couldnt find any so I found a knockoff pair on ebay and bought them, $7 shipped cant hurt to try.

My most fav setup I had was another set of ebay special yellow H7 and H3 bulbs (so that would be my low beams and fogs) But they were 100w and burnt out very quickly :(

They were the bulbs I had in while driving across from ontario in august.

Now i'm running Putco 5000k low beams, very nice HID look but I cant see itshay at night with them on so they have to go
for the fogs i'm running Nokya 2500K, They arent very yellow and are less bright then then the stock bulbs and obviously the 100w ones I had.

I want to stay all 65w, Daniel Stern says that any wiring setup for 55w can handle 65w

I am content with my highbeams but i'm sure there is better out there :)

Offline BradM

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Outback
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 08:39:38 pm »
Why not go HID?

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 08:40:37 pm »
Not a huge fan of putting HID's in Halogen housings and I don't want to spend the money to retrofit.

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:46 pm »
A retrofit shouldn't be too hard on the LGT, considering you have a projector already.

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 09:03:08 pm »
A retrofit shouldn't be too hard on the LGT, considering you have a projector already.

Well there are plenty of reasons why I wont do it :)

I live downtown in a rough area, not going to start taking appart my car here haha

I have a headlight at home with me right now cause i'm wet sanding it cause Im getting a new passenger side headlight from the accident and well I tried to put it in my oven but it doesnt fit  ;D

Offline BradM

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 09:04:10 pm »
Not a huge fan of putting HID's in Halogen housings and I don't want to spend the money to retrofit.

I have a set of 35w HID's in mine and compared to the retrofit on the fozzy there is little difference.  The cutoff and light dispersion is better with the retro and there is more light outputted from the "squirrel finder" above the cutoff in the stock leggy housing but it is not remotely blinding.  If your worried about the "squirrel finder" blinding people you can always open the headlights up and cover them but I wouldn't worry about it.  I did find that the stock projector cant handle the the light output of a 55w HID setup due to limited light dispersion and the retro handels it much better.  I do not feel the need to rock sunglasses driving in on a snow covered road with 55w in the retro.  I did when I had the 55w setup in the leggy 8) :o

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 09:09:03 pm »
I have a set of 35w HID's in mine and compared to the retrofit on the fozzy there is little difference.  The cutoff and light dispersion is better with the retro and there is more light outputted from the "squirrel finder" above the cutoff in the stock leggy housing but it is not remotely blinding.  If your worried about the "squirrel finder" blinding people you can always open the headlights up and cover them but I wouldn't worry about it.  I did find that the stock projector cant handle the the light output of a 55w HID setup due to limited light dispersion and the retro handels it much better.  I do not feel the need to rock sunglasses driving in on a snow covered road with 55w in the retro.  I did when I had the 55w setup in the leggy 8) :o

I am sorry but even if they are "ok" thats not good enough for me :(

I would be a huge hypocrite cause I hate people that install aftermarket HID's in their Halogen headlights and always talk bad about them, I dont want other peoples safety to suffer because of my lights blinding them.

Offline BradM

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »
I am sorry but even if they are "ok" thats not good enough for me :(

I would be a huge hypocrite cause I hate people that install aftermarket HID's in their Halogen headlights and always talk bad about them, I dont want other peoples safety to suffer because of my lights blinding them.

They are only "ok" because they dont disperse the light as efficiently.  If you fill the "squirrel finder" you will get a cutoff very close to a retrofit.  Also if you adjust your lights properly you wont be blinding people.

I do agree that putting high output lights in housing that do not have proper cutoff is dangerous and this is why I did the retro in my fozzy but I feel the leggy headlights can handle a higher output.  I dont really see the difference between running HID's and 100w bulbs though?

Dont hesitate to ask a mod to move/remove my posts if you feel they are clogging up your thread.  Just thought I would add my opinion and what I have found through my limited "testing" and research. :)

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:52 pm »
Here are the painted pics, looks better then what it is, our ittshay old paint booth's doors barely close so its full of dust particles everywhere but on the bright side i'm getting payed to sand and polish my own car  ;D

Front end is a bit hazy cause I asked for a few extra coats of clear on it to help against rock chips, nothing my sanding and polishing skills cant handle to turn it into a glass finish :D

Offline Jaycubzz

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: Jeep
Zac's Not So Family Wagon, Painted.
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 09:49:25 pm »
I gotta say that color is beautiful!

edicius

Re: Zac's Not So Family Wagon, Painted.
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2011, 06:22:36 pm »
Wow that looks awesome, cant wait to see the finished product. Where are you located? Would you consider doing a polish on mine for some cash?