Author Topic: The rare... the red... Loch Ness WReX -> EJ207 V7 swap  (Read 72637 times)

Offline energie

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 04 WW EVO VIII
Re: The rare... the red... Loch Ness WReX (project)
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 11:38:28 am »
shoulda gone with RCE's 25.5's.  I dont regret my expensive decision at all.  best handling mod ive done.  even more so then my ohlins

yeah i should have went with a adjustable 27mm in the back haha but i guess once i get the coilovers next summer it wont really matter.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Credit to GrantC for profile pic
  • Ride: 2004 WRX Wagon - ej207 v7 swap, 1993 Honda Civic Si
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 11:42:19 am »
yeah i should have went with a adjustable 27mm in the back haha but i guess once i get the coilovers next summer it wont really matter.

Ok, thanks energie. Ill let you know if I want the 22mm.

But to be honest, I too am wondering if I should get bigger. Thinking maybe Ill go with 24mm. But who knows, for the right price, maybe ill give you a shout for those 22mm.

Thanks

Offline energie

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 04 WW EVO VIII
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 11:47:57 am »
Ok, thanks energie. Ill let you know if I want the 22mm.

But to be honest, I too am wondering if I should get bigger. Thinking maybe Ill go with 24mm. But who knows, for the right price, maybe ill give you a shout for those 22mm.

Thanks

i would think a 22mm would be pretty good for you considering you have a wagon and me with the STi i think we have pretty different driving styles haha.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 09:34:16 pm »
Well, time for a little uneventful update.

First of all, I'm slowly accumulating parts over the winter and am getting the itch to start installing them.

Purchased and yet to be installed:
Kartboy Front and rear endlinks
2005 STI rear sway bar (19-20mm??)
Perrin Catless Up-pipe
Perrin Turbo Inlet

Crappy iphone pic of little pile of parts:

And yes, that IS a picture of my broken Transmission Mount which led me to installing a Group-N. Thought Id get a picture of it to show people how I totally sheared off BOTH studs. lol.

Parts to be ordered this winter for spring installation:
Maddad Catted Bellmouth Downpipe
Maddad Whisper Cat back

Stage two baby!!!

The Maddad TBE with my Perrin Up-pipe should make this little wagon a totally different beast. That and an Airboy Tune will make it a totally new car.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 09:38:53 pm »
Well, time for a little uneventful update.

That's a good thing, compared to how many engines it was going through at one point. :P

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2004 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon JBP [1st Subaru]
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »
Finally subscribed...only took me a little while.  Nice Stash of parts your building up there.  I too hope to be accumulating very soon!  Nice wagon, Red is unbelievably rare.
| 04 WRX [STi'd] Sport Wagon JBP | V7 EJ207 | V8 6-Speed/R180 | SOLD 02 WRX Sport Wagon PSM | Rebuilt EJ205 | 4EAT | SOLD 04 Forester XT PSM | 5-Speed | 07 Forester XT Limited OBP | Built EJ257 | 4EAT | SOLD 03 Subaru Forester XS Premium AW | No Engine | 11 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CBS | EZ36 | 5EAT | 99 GMC Sierra Classic SLE Z71 SGM | 6.0L LQ4/4L65E Swap | 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD SBM | 6.0L LQ9 | 4L65E |

Offline KennyB

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2012, 07:17:46 am »
Still don't have that RSB in yet? lol   Can't wait to hear what that maddad sounds like!

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
  • Ride: 12 STI Hatch/ K20 Hybrid EK Hatch
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2012, 08:59:30 am »
I hear the inlet tube is the most the fun you can have in 8 hours :P
Some nice parts too man,I'm starting my wagon suspension this spring also,it's gonna fun to compare parts and differences.
Where did you purchase your endlinks? I have a rsb that I need to paint up and install! Yay!
I love long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy's parking lot.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2012, 09:42:09 am »
That's a good thing, compared to how many engines it was going through at one point. :P

Ha ha. True. The engine has been running pretty good. No more oil leaks, no more crazy loud rod knock, etc. The only thing that is bothereing me lately is a rough idle. It doesnt bounce around enough to stall, but it definetly shutters every once and a while. Tried cleaning my MAF sensor, still nothing. Checked my air filter, seems ok as well. Im out of ideas at this point. 

The uneventful statement was simply me bitchign at teh fact that Ive got these parts just waiting to be instaleld. Can't wait to have a "real" garage one day to install parts whenever I am able to.

I hear the inlet tube is the most the fun you can have in 8 hours :P
Some nice parts too man,I'm starting my wagon suspension this spring also,it's gonna fun to compare parts and differences.
Where did you purchase your endlinks? I have a rsb that I need to paint up and install! Yay!

Paint your RSB? Why does it need paint?

I buy pretty much all my stuff from Touge Tunning. Chris has been great to me. Between his client service, reasonable and fast shipping as well as product availability, I have become a loyal customer.

Still don't have that RSB in yet? lol   Can't wait to hear what that maddad sounds like!

Haha, I know I know. The RSB and Endlinks will be put on in the upcoming month. Every weekend I go on a multiday road trip to the mountains. Been getting some ridiculously great days for powder. Sunshine, Lake Louise, Jasper and Fernie have treated me well this year.

I'm pretty excited for my Maddad set up as well. Hopefully I can order it in February and install it in March or April. Most likely April.

If anyone has experience and a garage to do an up-pipe / TBE / turbo Inlet, I was thinking of doing it all at the same time and would appreciate some help.
$$ or beer + pizza will definetly be on me. I could probably handle it on my own but this is my only vehicle and if I were to break something I would be majorly stranded, therefore would feel better knowing someone more skilled and knowledgeable would be there to help me out.

Ha ha, any takers?? April ish???

Offline poopeebum

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2012, 10:35:10 am »
wow nice collection of parts! should be awesome once the uppipe and turbo inlet is installed. I noticed a difference after installing both.   i'd offer to help but i dont think you'd want my help after reading what happened when i installed my up-pipe & turbo inlet haha

2005 WRX Wagon with Saab bodykit

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:58 am »
Pm me in April and we'll talk! I'm sure we can make something work. Install parties are always fun!

I keep hearing good things about touge tuning on here.

I got a 22mm(I think,I still have to measure) rear sway from my buddy at Rocket,it came of Pat Richards old 02 wagon(DD),so it's rusted up pretty good and like 10 years old lol! I just need some endlinks and bushings.
Should help me win some rally championships though ;)
I love long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy's parking lot.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 11:09:25 am »
wow nice collection of parts! should be awesome once the uppipe and turbo inlet is installed. I noticed a difference after installing both.   i'd offer to help but i dont think you'd want my help after reading what happened when i installed my up-pipe & turbo inlet haha

Ha ha, yeah, I read a few peoples build threads and decided to ask for help rather than put myself through that type of grief. :)

Pm me in April and we'll talk! I'm sure we can make something work. Install parties are always fun!

Yeah, that is what I'm hoping for, a good old install party.
Ill contact you in April ish. Thanks for the offer buddy! Much appreciated. I'm excited for april now.  ;D
I have a nice set of tools, but if you have some too, then together I think we should have everything we need.

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2012, 11:35:06 am »
I'm no mechanic just so you know,but with the right tools I'm sure we won't have many problems,our garage can host 2 cars squished and 1 with tons of room. At this rate it will be +25 degrees in April anyways!

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2012, 04:15:57 pm »
I'm no mechanic just so you know,but with the right tools I'm sure we won't have many problems,our garage can host 2 cars squished and 1 with tons of room. At this rate it will be +25 degrees in April anyways!

Thats Ok, I'm no mechanic either but if you volunteer yourself and your garage (in exchange for beer and pizza??), thats already a huge benefit. Two people that don't really know what they are doing is better than one.

Maybe I can get/coax someone else that has done it on their car to help as well. If someone wants to be a Mechanic for Hire, I'm willing to give some sort of monetary contribution, as long as its reasonable. If not beer and pizza for all volunteers.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 10:18:50 pm »
Well, got my oil analysis update back from Blackstone Lab. Looks like my new shortblock is healthy. I phoned up the guys at the lab shortly after having received my report and they were SUPER helpful, answered every one of my questions, and their client service is to be praised. I recommend those guys for any of your oil analysis needs.

Offline WhiteRex

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Widebody 03.5 strx
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »
Parts looking good as for installing I'd be down for helping I've done turbo inlets a few times. Just make sure u have gaskets for intake manifold. Also all other gaskets other then that it's super easy best time I've done 1 in is 3 hours. The up pipe is easy also just time.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2012, 10:50:01 pm »
Parts looking good as for installing I'd be down for helping I've done turbo inlets a few times. Just make sure u have gaskets for intake manifold. Also all other gaskets other then that it's super easy best time I've done 1 in is 3 hours. The up pipe is easy also just time.

Ah, thanks for the suggestion on the gasket.

Yeah man, if you want to help you are more than welcome to join. I'll let ya know when I'm ready to do an install party.
Cheers

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Enthusiast, Unenthusiastic.
    • Teknique Auto Innovations
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2012, 09:19:42 am »
I'm willing to host said party If you want here at the shop :) I'll be at the shop all day sat if you wanted to get it done right away.
Teknique Auto Innovations
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta
Tekniqueman on VinWiki and Instagram

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:42 am »
Hey rob, I need to install my swaybar and end links this weekend. I will do up pipe and inlet at the same time as the whole TBE in April sometime. But I'm going to take you up on your offer and will come for a visit at your shop on Saturday. What time will you be there?

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Enthusiast, Unenthusiastic.
    • Teknique Auto Innovations
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2012, 10:01:58 am »
9 am. Then you get to help me with some bushings man.. :)
Teknique Auto Innovations
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta
Tekniqueman on VinWiki and Instagram

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2012, 12:50:46 pm »
9 am. Then you get to help me with some bushings man.. :)
Yep, that's the plan!!

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
  • Ride: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 Jeep WK CRD
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2012, 05:58:14 pm »
let me know if you need an extra pair of small slender hands.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2012, 08:36:10 pm »
The more the merrier. Lol. I'll shoot you a text when I'm going to leduc and if you have nothing else good to do on a Saturday, come on over.

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2004 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon JBP [1st Subaru]
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2012, 12:05:57 am »
Yvan have you seen this before?

| 04 WRX [STi'd] Sport Wagon JBP | V7 EJ207 | V8 6-Speed/R180 | SOLD 02 WRX Sport Wagon PSM | Rebuilt EJ205 | 4EAT | SOLD 04 Forester XT PSM | 5-Speed | 07 Forester XT Limited OBP | Built EJ257 | 4EAT | SOLD 03 Subaru Forester XS Premium AW | No Engine | 11 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CBS | EZ36 | 5EAT | 99 GMC Sierra Classic SLE Z71 SGM | 6.0L LQ4/4L65E Swap | 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD SBM | 6.0L LQ9 | 4L65E |

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2012, 09:59:22 pm »
No, we're did you find this. Sick looking wagon. I will be getting gold rims but not that nice. Hehe. Also, not thinking of lowering mine as its not a summer car. I mainly drive it to the mountains for skiing and hiking.

And those sedan fenders look very nice. If ever I find myself haing too much money, I will get them.   ;D