Author Topic: Email notifications  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Sinz

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2012 JKR
Email notifications
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »
Is anyone else not getting email notifications with subscribed threads or private messages? I checked all my spam/junk folders and verified my settings here but haven't received one for a couple months.
There's no stopping the Frito Bandito

Offline steveb0t

• WSC Wrangler
  • beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2006 STI
Re: Email notifications
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »
A couple of members have reported the same problem in the last few months.  The common thread always seemed to be that the "lost" emails were going to a hotmail account.  I have my forum emails going to a gmail account and I haven't missed any.  It seems that hotmail is a little more discerning when it comes to the specifics of the server that the email is coming from.

I've poked around various different configuration options but it appears that because we're running our own mail server we may just have to live with the problem.  Can you try pointing your forum account to another email address?  If that doesn't solve anything post up here and we can try to figure something else out.

Offline Sinz

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »
Strange, not using hotmail but I'll try setting up my profile with a different account to test.

Offline Sinz

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »
I setup a forward for on my gmail account to forward admin@westernsubaruclub.com messages and set it as my email address in my profile. Could someone send me a test pm?

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
I setup a forward for on my gmail account to forward admin@westernsubaruclub.com messages and set it as my email address in my profile. Could someone send me a test pm?

done.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Sinz

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:46 PM »
Thanks dfor the pm's guys. They made it to gmail, just need to get gmail to forward just theWSC messages now.