Author Topic: Upcoming Concerts  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
Upcoming Concerts
« on: November 02, 2010, 02:02:12 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I just saw one of the best shows I've ever seen last night so I figured I'd start up this thread for upcoming concerts.

If there's a show that you're really stoked about and looking forward to or would like to recommend, then post up and maybe you'll find other members that are going to be at the same show.

Last night I saw Stars (Canadian Indie from Montreal) at the Jack Singer Concert Hall here in Calgary. My girlfriend got great tickets, best in the house actually. They were front row, very center. The best part was that even though it was assigned seats, the entire concert hall was standing and dancing, but without the crush that happens at so many shows that I go to. The lead singers of the band spent most of the time leaning over us... so close we could have touched them... The show itself was very polished. The entire band sounded very crisp and the sound was good throughout.

photo.JPG by zaider, on Flickr

photo.JPG by zaider, on Flickr

Anyway... a couple of upcoming shows that Im super stoked about:

Dan Mangan - Nov 17. Calgary, AB
Knox United Church w/ The Burning Hell & The Crackling
He's also playing in Edmonton and Canmore around then

Bahamas -  Dec 4. Calgary, AB
Marquee Room @ 9PM w/ Guests

Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline 4stAir

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 STi
Re: Upcoming Concerts
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 03:54:09 pm »
Deadmau5!

New years eve, Edmonton. Who's going?? I got my ticket on Thursday morning. It should be the greatest party of that night on the planet!
"I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"-Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 04:52:29 pm »
Deadmau5!

New years eve, Edmonton. Who's going?? I got my ticket on Thursday morning. It should be the greatest party of that night on the planet!

Awesome. I saw him at Sasquatch in May. It was amazing!!
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline tweaver

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 08 wrx hatch
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:11:22 pm »
I want to see stars in concert, I couldnt imagine having seats like that ha. Sounds pretty awesome.

boiboi9

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 05:29:59 pm »
Just bought 4 tickets to Heart for my Parents & Inlaws.

Offline CleanWrx

• Patchy Faced
  • Roarr
  • Ride: 93 Impreza SOLD, 02 Impreza wagon SOLD, 04 wrx in blue SOLD, 08 infiniti M45x
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 05:42:53 pm »
Deadmau5!

they sold over 2000 tickets the first day!!  i was sold out in 10 minutes this morning,sold out show already!

Offline 4stAir

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 STi
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 10:28:22 pm »
they sold over 2000 tickets the first day!!  i was sold out in 10 minutes this morning,sold out show already!

Yea, crazy fast. You going?? I'm uckfaying stoked.
"I don't understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"-Jeremy Clarkson

Offline tweaver

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 08 wrx hatch
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 10:36:45 pm »
anyone else going to The Black Keys?

Offline KennyB

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 04:53:52 pm »
Strung Out are playing Starlite room tonight!!!, a few friends were supposed to come from Calgary and go see them but couldn't make it so I'm going by myself, ya I know I'm a loser but I actually doing concerts solo sometimes because I always end up losing them anyways and don't find them again till I'm leaving.
If you listen to punk at all you "should" know who they are, if you don't listen to it I wouldn't expect you to have ever heard of them as they aren't exactly mainstream.
They are playing two of their earlier albums in their entirety, "twisted by design" and "suburban teenage wasteland blues" which I grew up listening to. Going to be SICK!! There should still be tickets at the door for anybody who wants to see a crazy show!

One of their new songs

Old stuff that they will be playing

Offline ValuggrSTI

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2011 STI Sedan DGM
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 08:26:11 am »
Tiesto will be headlining cemetary of sound this year. The big Halloween event at the Big Four every year.
Tickets go on sale Friday July 27th 2012 at 10am

Offline codester-

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: e39
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 12:52:37 pm »
Tiesto will be headlining cemetary of sound this year. The big Halloween event at the Big Four every year.
Tickets go on sale Friday July 27th 2012 at 10am

use the code "tombstone" to get presale tickets that went on sale today at 10 am  :)

Offline jvd

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: bluecar
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 07:06:53 am »
Wintersleep is touring right now. They're in AB at the beginning of November. I see they even added a second show in Edmonton.

Pretty interesting band live.