Author Topic: K2 Obsethed  (Read 2174 times)

Offline zewks

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2 feet & a heart beat
K2 Obsethed
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:32:47 pm »
I picked up a pair of these (http://k2skis.com/skis/twin-tips/obsethed) with Marker Griffon bindings as a Christmas present for myself! So pumped to go riding for new years!
Anyone here ride these?

Pin it to win it

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2016 Golf GTi
K2 Obsethed
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:18 pm »
I would appreciate a review as these, armada jj and s7s are on my short list. 

Offline Guglianoh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Benson B20 Turbo EK/2012 Kawasaki ER6N
Re: K2 Obsethed
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 10:55:07 pm »
1+ on a review they look pretty dope though, i was out at sunshine one monday and tuesday and i rented a pair of shoguns and i was very dissapointed so im still looking for a new pair for next season
Horse Power is a lot like sex, you can never get enough!

http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=27931.0

Offline 93ScoobyD

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 06 LGT, 11' Gsxr 600
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 09:01:35 am »
I would appreciate a review as these, armada jj and s7s are on my short list.

Not sure what you mean by as these, but ideally they are a very similar ski. JJ- In my opinion, one of the best all mountain/backcountry/touring/freeride combo ski ever. Mixes in rocker with camber for excellent floatation while still giving it that stability when the snow gets hard, or your skiing big lines that arent fresh. Quite stiff througout but the early rise in the tip and tail help out if you wanna try some butters or have some fun. Construction is superb mixing in a cap construction in the tip and tail for added support while sandwich underfoot. And tip/waist/tail widths are perfect for sunshine or basically whatever you want to play with.

S7-Very very similar as far as dimensions/appearance goes. Dont know too much about the construction, seeing as it is a rockered/cambered ski that will be a very good "everything" big ski. BUT  I dont know if you've ski'd these yet or seen them in person, they are an absolute slayer for charging, soft snow, hard pack, moguls, chutes, steeps whatever, because of their "shovel" tip, the tip is so much bigger then the tail and will destroy it going forwards. HOWEVER If you like mixing it up and going switch down some runs, or hitting some jumps, possibly think more towards the JJ again imo. The tail is too narrow compared to the tip and although its still rockered, wider tails always help.

Chris
I used it on my old legacy, I just poored the whole can in the gas tank and enjoyed white smoke all week

Offline zewks

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2 feet & a heart beat
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »
I was out in Kimberley for new years, I was really impressed with how they handled on the groomers. I am heading out to Fernie this weekend so hopefully I can find some pow-pow!
Pin it to win it