Author Topic: CSCC Snowcone Event 5 recap  (Read 2920 times)

Offline marc l

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: impreza wrx ish
CSCC Snowcone Event 5 recap
« on: February 08, 2011, 12:36:08 AM »
The 2010/2011 Calgary Sports car Club snowcone challenge finally lived up to its name in event 5. with more snow than any previous event and bitter cold weather to deal with competitors had to be 100% focused for the challenges that laid ahead of them. VEX performance showed up in full force for this event with both there FWD and AWD drivers on board ready to win, and SPEC R tires added a new driver in the FWD line up to add more depth in there racing endeavors. Event 5 was fast, flowing and full of little tests of patience. Underneath all that snow was slick ice. Add to the bitter cold weather and Event 5 was one challenge for the books.

AWD saw the VEX rally car ready for a serious shake down. after issues with the diffs and many nights working away fixing it, the problems hopefully were a thing of the past. Johnny S. proved once again why hes taken the championship 2 out of 3 years running a perfect event and placing 1st, almost a full 8 seconds faster. Rookie driver Eric E. took second place in his Subaru impreza, beating out 3rd place winner Cam W.

With the VEX SRT4 back from a suspension rebuild it was out in full duty not only winning FWD by a blistering 6 seconds, but it also took the fastest single run of the day. Orrin M. has driven this car immaculately and has no problems showing FWD that hes here for business. David G. in his Mazda protege took second place a perfect second place by over 2 seconds. Newly acquired driver for SPEC R, Ricky H. took 3rd place in his Honda.

RWD as we know is one of the hardest classes to compete in. This of course doesn't stop competitors from making a competition out of it. in a class with so few drivers, the spirit of competition is always overwhelming. The deep snow made this event a challenge but it didn't stop this group from coming out and making a statement. RWD was won by SPEC R driver Kyle H. in his Toyota corolla. a blistering 7 seconds faster than second place driver Spence C. who is showing in his rookie season that he has the skills to take on the big boys. 3rd place went to Gary L.

CURRENT STANDINGS

ALL WHEEL DRIVE
Johnny S
Mark L
Wim V

FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Murray P
David G
Orrin M   

REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Kyle H
Gary L
Spence C

Event  is Sunday (FEB 13 2011). This is the second half of the CSCC Snowcone challenge. drivers have been tweeking and looking for that edge to get them that top spot. Keep an eye on events 5-8 for the most exciting action in Calgary Rallycross!

We would like to welcome a new sponsor for the CSCC Snowcone Challenge. The Calgary Jazz Orchestra, and also to thank our other sponsors SPEC R Tires, VEX Performance, and also thank Ian G. for the terrific photos.

"Sally! No playing Left Five Over Crest in the house!"

Offline marc l

• beards comin in nice
Re: CSCC Snowcone Event 5 recap
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 12:41:19 AM »
forgot to mention.

OMNI TV was at the event filming. they will be showing the story on Friday night (feb 10) anytime from 9:00pm - 10:00pm and the repeat will be on the next day from 7:00am - 8:00am. OMNI is channel 4 on Shaw and channel 5 on Telus.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:07:51 PM »
forgot to mention.

OMNI TV was at the event filming. they will be showing the story on Friday night (feb 10) anytime from 9:00pm - 10:00pm and the repeat will be on the next day from 7:00am - 8:00am. OMNI is channel 4 on Shaw and channel 5 on Telus.

That's awesome! Good to see its getting some exposure!
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline dirtyspoons

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2000 Honda civic... but i have subaru parts so i guess it counts.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »
OMG omni tv is not on the shaw lineup for red deer!!!!!! can some one capure it and put it on youtube or something so i can watch it!!!! i neeeeeeddd to watch it i'm dieing here!!!!! why did i just look into this now!!!!!  :'( :-\ :-[ >:( :o

Offline dirtyspoons

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2000 Honda civic... but i have subaru parts so i guess it counts.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
and today if feb 11??? omg did i miss it? was it yesterday? the 10th
they will be showing the story on Friday night (feb 10) anytime from 9:00pm - 10:00pm and the repeat will be on the next day

Offline marc l

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
i think he just got the date wrong. it should be tonight.

Offline seat safety switch

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: 05 Saab 9-2X Linear
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
It looks like it's the Cantonese news right now. Is the time wrong too?

Offline 2008impreza2.5i

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2009 WRX 265 with Stage 1 tune
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »
nice coverage, but what is it with people and pimping out the honda fit?

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
I can't understand anything other than when mark is talking.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness

Offline Vicar

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • VEX Performance
    • My other Passion
  • Ride: Horseless Carriage
CSCC Snowcone Event 5 recap
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 02:46:45 PM »
I can't understand anything other than when mark is talking.

You round eye

VEX Performance | OS Giken | Airboy
FLIPP.ca | DBA | johnnysummersracing.com
Freestyle Designs.ca | Rally Armor | Endless
pic by Black Archer