Author Topic: Funk32's build  (Read 96393 times)

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Chev // 18’ X1
Re: Funk32's build
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 10:06:15 pm »
Yup.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • it never ends..... avatar courtesy of Danny
  • Ride: GD Time Attack car
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 09:58:44 am »
well after a 3 hour trip to see Sunny, I was heart Broken but still very happy with how the car turned out. had a few issues to start and the meth didn't want to work like it should but in the end Sunny was able to get a great tune completed. The difference in Sea and -15c road tune VS 3200ASL and a nice 20-25c day dyno tune are apparent, NS road tune was 395awhp, baseline run here was 331awhp

airboydyno by Funk32, on Flickr

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 06:32:47 pm »
Looks like a fun car. Although with a stout engine like that you should really look into a 30R kit. You are basically running the same sized turbo as I am on that built motor, you can definitely push more safely. A rotated setup will make more power, be easier to maintain and you won't lose any low-end.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 07:33:02 am »
Hey Jutes, the only reason I went with this turbo for now was because I snagged it for 1000pnp'ed figured it was a good starting point but I knew it wouldn't make as much as a rotated kit. I plan on finishing some other parts first, the NS salt was not kind to the car so I am replacing as many parts as possible, like the rear subframe(MSI orr TSS) and rear T diff support(TSS). Once all the finishing touches are completed I will look into a rotated 3076 kit

Are you coming down tomorrow? Looks like a rainny event, I wasn't able to get new tires yet either, new tune and laser eye surgery took a good chunk of change out of my pocket lol.

Offline Tenacious_B

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
  • Ride: 2016 Escape Failtanium
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:31 am »
holy crap that sounded loud.
I used to drive Subaru's.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:27 am »
Ya kinda loud lol I have a silencer for longer drives, 0 cats and a blitz spec R

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 08:48:43 pm »
today I installed a new to me gas tank as mine was rusting and leaking due to the NS salt, along with this went a tssfab T-Bar diff brace. very happy with it and hope to get their rear subframe by the start of next season. the car is out for the rest of this season due to a loud driver side head. I will have to rip her out to check but i think the lashing on a valve is bad (hope it wont drop the valve before i get it fixed)

Offline shave

• Patchy Faced
  • CHU CHU
  • Ride: 07 sti
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 01:17:35 pm »
today I installed a new to me gas tank as mine was rusting and leaking due to the NS salt

Did you under coat your car?
Powered by mad snail power and unicorn farts.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 01:20:51 pm »
Not yet, I will be before this winter. The body it self is doing well, its just slowly giving up parts haha, over 200k km on them and most in NS before I bought it and drove it here.

Offline shave

• Patchy Faced
  • CHU CHU
  • Ride: 07 sti
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 02:09:45 pm »
That is most likly why your parts are rusting badly.
Powered by mad snail power and unicorn farts.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 02:21:16 pm »
Well there isn't much left to replace, rear subframe front engine craddle. I'm ok with replacing parts. This just gives me the excuse to buy new parts ahah.

Offline Lìam

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1995 wrx RA
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2011, 10:49:08 pm »
It's actually quite insane how bad salt damage is on east coast cars, I have very similar problems with my car and I had it rust checked every year when I was still at home.

Offline kevbot

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 09:53:47 pm »
what wheels do you have???
 they look good on the car, nice and simple.  this build i moving along at a fast pace. keep it up! ( as long as funds are there and time  doesn't get in the way)
1994 Evo II (sold) 2004 Wrx (sold/crashed) 2005 Sti (sold) 2008 Evo (sold) 1999 Wrx Gf8 (SOLD) 2009 BMW 335i m sport (SOLD) 2008 Cobb stage 2 sit(wife) 2007 FXT( current)

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »
They are CCW C10's. I am trying to keep the build goin, have the rear subframe, new rad and a few other things to get still, along with having the car repainted, a lot of little digs and Sratches from the last owner. when thats all done ill look at going rotated to start pushing the motor a bit more, but i dont want to deal with too much lag.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 12:41:07 pm »
next phas of this project will be taking off all the parts I have sold and placing the car in storage for the winter. sometime in march I will have my new twin scroll rotated 3076 setup and head back down to see sunny for another amazing tune. here is a link to the TS kit http://www.garagetuning.com/turbo.html

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 10:12:28 am »
well yesterday I went a head and installed my new rear subframe, endlinks, and trailing arms. first thing I did was lift the car up and take the wheels off, this is where I had my first of a few itshay fests. when the wheel came off I seen my whiteline heavy duty sway bar mount just hanging there, the 2 bolts holding it to the frame snapped FML so I cant fix that at the moment (gonna req some welding) I bashed on and started taking my old OBX links off and then moved to take the subframe off, it was all pretty straight forward no big issues. oh I did f'up my rear diff sensor :( when i was pulling the subframe out I nicked the plastic part of the diff sensor but it still works  ::). After everthing was out I started to pre messure the new TSSFAB kit along side the old kit so I could get a rough alignment. once that was complete I installed all the laterlinks onto the new subframe then moved it all to the car to install. Everthing slid right into place,time to take a break and ran to Rona for some bolts to install the Diff to the new subframe (m12x35). As I started to bolt the lateral links to the rear knuckles I found out I made a big mistake, the holes for the bolt on the knuckle is about 1-2mm bigger then the holes for the subframe :o, so off come some of the lateral links and flip them around :'( and reinstall them correctly and carry on with the install. oh I forgot to mention the endlinks, these were a bit confusing at first as I had no instructions on how to place them, so I tried to install them on the out side of the lateral link that was a no go so I placed them on the inside close to the knuckle and it worked but I was concerned about how close they looked to be to the lateral link. After a few hours of work and lots a swearing I managed to get her all done and put it back on the ground for a quick check of the alignment, seen it was out so drive up on the ramps adjust a few things and its good for now but will req a detailed alignment shortly.

I will have more pics up later, I am not good at taking pics while I install, louman droped by and took some pics so I am waiting on him.

rear kit by Funk32, on Flickr
here are the parts.

endlink2 by Funk32, on Flickr
the new endlinks closer up.

rear kit installed by Funk32, on Flickr
the rear kit installed note this is not my car and kit i just found a nice white setup to show how it all looks as mine is powder coated black.

endlink1 by Funk32, on Flickr
this is how the endlinks are installed I found this pic later on lol

Offline schizoSTI

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 08 STI
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:55 am »
I said it once and i'll say it agian.  That subframe looks badass!  You probably can roll you car down a cliff and your subframe would still come out smelling like roses.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 11:05:23 am »
Haha. Ya if for some reason it breaks during compition they will replace it for free. One of there cars had a big crash and only the lateral links broke, it looked like quite the crash from the photos

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:31 am »
Funk32's build

Not a bad way to spend ten thousand dollars.

Time to start thinking about how you are going to put all that power down. No sense having all those suspension pieces that will just overload your tires in the corners.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2011, 11:16:19 am »
The summer will see some 255/35-18 star specs or maybe an r compund, not totally sure yet. I don't think I want to go bigger then 255 as ill need some extra fender mods something like yours and mark's

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2011, 01:18:48 pm »
The summer will see some 255/35-18 star specs or maybe an r compund, not totally sure yet. I don't think I want to go bigger then 255 as ill need some extra fender mods something like yours and mark's

Damn, forgot you are 5x100. :( Decent wheel choices are limited to stupid-wide wheels.

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »
Ya I am kinda SOL for rims but I'm happy with my ccw C10's 18x8.5s I could do the 5x114 swap but i don't see the need right now, maybe at the end of the build, after caging the car and repainting.

Offline booSTIn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 08:18:32 pm »
Repainting?      Planning on doing another color?   

Offline funk32

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 08:21:18 pm »
Nope I like the silver, but the car has over 220k km's on it so the paint isn't what it use to be. It one of the last things on the list as it doesn't effect performance.

Offline booSTIn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 08:25:14 pm »
Nope I like the silver, but the car has over 220k km's on it so the paint isn't what it use to be. It one of the last things on the list as it doesn't effect performance.

Doesn't effect performance!? :o.  Man new paint adds like 60 whp.  Also putting a couple jdm stickers will make it made fast dawg.