Author Topic: EMS  (Read 1814 times)

Offline stroked

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 790hp+1130ft/lbs of pure diesel goodness/Jeep SRT8
EMS
« on: July 12, 2008, 09:19:08 pm »
Hey guys,

Im building a 2.3L Motor with a rotated gt3076R and water/meth....just curious as to what you guys suggest to use for ems as that is one of the last things I need for major parts..

I know autronic is one of the big ones you use...but what about hydra or aem?

I dont know to much about ems but I know Id like to change to speed density and yeah I dont know if any any of these support that

thanks.

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
Re: EMS
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:26:09 pm »
Welcome, nice friggin build!

Have you considered going open source?  We have an excellent tuner on the forums who could answer any of your questions...just send Airboy a PM.

Otherwise I know quite a few guys are running Autronic and it seems to be the most popular.

Offline stroked

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 790hp+1130ft/lbs of pure diesel goodness/Jeep SRT8
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:51:25 pm »
I dont know much about open source....but Im not going to rule anything out...

but i hear a lot of good things about aem, hydra and autronic so if the boys from lightspeed could chime in it would be greatly appreciated

Sean

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:25:11 am »
Usually Jeff is the one on here most often, Cam is a pretty busy guy ... you might have better luck phoning lightspeed and trying to get Cam on the phone for 5 minutes ... then again ... maybe not :)  He's hard to stop for 5 minutes in person ... that guy is so busy lol.

I run autronic and am completely satisfied, although I can't tell you too much about it, I kinda just let Cam work his magic on it, and now I have a wicked fast wrx!!

Offline Sleeper

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:41:34 am »
If it were me (and it is actually), I'd definitely go the route of ultimate control in the SM4 (Autronic). I'm not sure where OpenSource is in terms of control, but just keep in mind the customer support of OpenSource versus a motorsport ECU manufacturer like AEM, the Hydra, or even Autronic.

Another thing to consider is, if something goes bad, where are you going to turn? Just things to think about.

I'd suggest calling Pat @ Rocket Rally (he's tuned pretty much everything out there), Cam @ Lightspeed, Phil @ Element Tuning (Hydra), and AEM for info on their standalone ECU, to get as much information as you can before diving in.

Good luck with your build.