Author Topic: Ipswich, UK.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline SulfurLad

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • now, 20% more!
    • Azzurriffopubijix
  • Ride: 08 WRB STI + many bicycles
Ipswich, UK.
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:58:06 pm »
I was recently in Ipswich, England for business.  Here're the sorts of things I saw!  Really, it's quite a small place (relative to something like London, anyways).  I just went for a little walks near the harbor where I was staying.  It's an old commercial port which is steadily being modernized/reclaimed as less commercial more people-friendly area.  Apartments, restaurants and a collage campus are all taking residence there.

I made two trips.  On the first trip, my last night there saw a regional darby between Ipswich Town FC and Norwich.  Fierce rivals.  30,000 people showed up for this match that Norwich eventually won 5-1.  I tried very very hard to get myself a ticket for it, but the ticket lady wouldn't sell it to me because I'd never bought tickets before.  With no history, she couldn't guarantee that I was a Norwich supporter or an Ipswich supporter, and she wouldn't budge.  This match was in Norwich last year, and I guess they had... problems?  I was depressed walking away from the stadium as I heard the reaction to Norwich's first goal.

On my second trip, I arrived on the final day for the Premiership.  I could have wandered over to get tickets for Fulham vs. Sunderland in London, but decided I was too damn tired after getting off the plane and still needing to get myself to Ipswich on the train.  On our way out, we drove from Ipswich to Heathrow.  The route took us right by Wembley stadium... the day before the UEFA Champions League finals between Man U and Barcelona.  I almost got them to pull over and drop me off and switch my flight, right there.  Would have been awesome, Barca played a flawless match, but it would likely have been impossible to get tickets. 

Anyways, now I'm rambling.

The view from my hotel room:

The harbor at night:

My hotel and the (noisy) pub next door:

One of the newer college buildings:

Full set of images that I posted.
throw a rock in the air and you'll hit someone guilty

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: Ipswich, UK.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:01:12 pm »
Awesome! I would love to take a trip across the pond, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.