Author Topic: 2011/ 2012 WSC Ski and Snowboard thread  (Read 25522 times)

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
Re: 2011/ 2012 WSC Ski and Snowboard thread
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2012, 12:29:01 pm »
I got out to KH saturday, definitly found a lot of wicked runs... stayed in the bowls like 90% of the day. They had forcasted lots of snow for today, But I had stuuf to do and couldnt stick around.
Official Anti-Purist

stefan

« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2012, 08:25:44 am »
Does anyone want to see if we can get a 10+ sized group together for a Kpow day? $350ea assuming we don't get discounts. I can for sure provide two people.

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2012, 12:33:28 pm »
Does anyone want to see if we can get a 10+ sized group together for a Kpow day? $350ea assuming we don't get discounts. I can for sure provide two people.

That's pretty tempting.
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2016 Golf GTi
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:44 pm »
anyone going out to the hills this weekend?  i know i am  ^-^

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2012, 01:17:38 pm »

Is it snowing anywhere? After a dry week at Whistler I'm holding out for some pow.
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline Mendozer

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »

Louise  Friday, and depending on how the beginners feel, again on Sunday :)

Some fresh snow would be good, but just getting out on the slopes puts a smile on my face  ;D

Offline WGN 2NV

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: stage 2 07 wrx wagon
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2012, 01:30:04 pm »
I am heading to banff for the weekend with STI 2NV (rob) as well as other ppl, plan is to do sunshine on Saturday, and Louise on Monday, anyone else gonna be there?

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2012, 02:09:06 pm »
EDJ - Kicking horse.  right now showing about 15cm on sat

top of mountain

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
2011/ 2012 WSC Ski and Snowboard thread
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »
Solid day Friday a sunshine

Followed by an epic day today at kicking horse

Offline Mendozer

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2012, 01:24:55 pm »
Solid day Friday a sunshine

Followed by an epic day today at kicking horse

Deleted that app because i thought i would never use it.  Looks pretty awesome though if you do use it...perhaps i need to give it another chance...what was it called again?

Offline inthemarket

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: is big enough for five, and a canine
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2012, 06:20:28 pm »
Just finished up an amazing week at SilverStar, it snowed all week and just kept giving it up!

Lucky for me my pops is a bit of a photobuff ass-well
Mitch's car runs on unicorn blood, its rubber is sourced from the hooves of pegasus', and it drives on rainbows and dreams.
It uses infi-boost, smells like Japan, and is fast as tits.

Offline bikingmike

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 FXT
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2012, 07:09:07 pm »
Anyone get out to castle this weekend? (usually see a few rubies up there whenever I'm out, aka most weekends) hit it up sunday and it was beautiful, knee deep pow on most of the hill, and i found a couple pockets that were thigh to waist deep. All in all mad love for this hill, id say its arguably the best hill in alberta.
1991 turbo legacy- sold to Jer
2004-forester XT-new baby

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2012, 09:24:47 pm »
All in all mad love for this hill, id say its arguably the best hill in alberta.

I would have loved to have gone out this weekend, but couldn't bring myself to leave the new pup with someone else. Castle looked really prime, I had a couple really amazing days out there around this time last year, easily within the top 5 best days I've ever ridden. I absolutely love that mountain.
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline katalyst

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2007 Legacy 2.5i
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2012, 02:00:18 am »
gonan be staying at the glacier mountaineer lodge in KH this coming weekend. 

any cool places we should hit up at the end of the day?  i'm going up on tour bus so don't have transport to go into golden.

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:31 am »
a friend of mine was at fernie.   total of 80+ cm this weekend.  I hurt my back again on friday and am on standby.  uckfay.  MY.  LIFE.

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2012, 08:18:07 am »
a friend of mine was at fernie.   total of 80+ cm this weekend.  I hurt my back again on friday and am on standby.  uckfay.  MY.  LIFE.

Showing 92 cm in the last 48 hours. I rode on a similar day there 4 years ago that is still the measure for every other pow day. Would have been truly epic this weekend.
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline katalyst

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:48 am »

ah man....that's a huge bummer

i've had some wild days at fernie before in the past as well.  i would pretty much agree that some of those days constitute my yardstick for "mother of pow" but revelstoke has come close

Offline booSTIn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2012, 05:21:48 pm »
Going to be staying in radium or fairmount from the 6th-9 or 10th. I know panorama is close to that but just wondering if there are any other decent hills around there?     Maybe if anyone is down we could meet up there and shred for a day.

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2012, 05:27:59 pm »
Going to be staying in radium or fairmount from the 6th-9 or 10th. I know panorama is close to that but just wondering if there are any other decent hills around there?     Maybe if anyone is down we could meet up there and shred for a day.

Drive an hour to Kicking Horse and ride there.
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:10 am »

a thousand times, this.

panorama is le fail.

Offline katalyst

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:08 am »
the only thing i like about panorama is the on-hill accommodations, on the rare occasion that they get enough snow it's decently fun in certain areas.  but i usually only go there if i'm in a large group with a mixed skill level.  tend to party more than i ski when i'm at that resort, haha.

AWDFTW

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2012, 10:44:03 am »

I haven't been there, but from what I hear to people who ride both there and Revelstoke - Revelstoke is way better unless KH has a big fresh dump. No one really talks about Revy here, it's an hour and a half past Golden, but you gain that hour back if you're trying to make it there in the am. I dunno why, maybe I'm weird but I love that mountain so much - despite it ending the wife's season last year and almost ending mine this year. Just a good thing I got injured before christmas, my ribs are almost 100% and I'm totally stoked to go there in a couple weeks.

Offline bikingmike

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 FXT
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2012, 02:20:53 pm »
I would have loved to have gone out this weekend, but couldn't bring myself to leave the new pup with someone else. Castle looked really prime, I had a couple really amazing days out there around this time last year, easily within the top 5 best days I've ever ridden. I absolutely love that mountain.
Yea its too bad you never got a chance! another great castle day. this season has been great there though, the last 2 times i went are arguably the best skiing ive ever had too. anyone who live near castle and hasn't checked it out is really missing out!

as far as the above comments regarding skiing in the radium area, id agree with going to revy or kicking horse. panorama may be large and have high speed lifts, but i don't really understand why. ive gone sevral times and each time seemed to be more disappointing than the last. i mean, if you like groomers that are on the icy side of things, then pano is your dream. really their only saving grace is the giant hot tubs and night life.
1991 turbo legacy- sold to Jer
2004-forester XT-new baby

Offline booSTIn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2012, 08:26:21 pm »
Yea its too bad you never got a chance! another great castle day. this season has been great there though, the last 2 times i went are arguably the best skiing ive ever had too. anyone who live near castle and hasn't checked it out is really missing out!

as far as the above comments regarding skiing in the radium area, id agree with going to revy or kicking horse. panorama may be large and have high speed lifts, but i don't really understand why. ive gone sevral times and each time seemed to be more disappointing than the last. i mean, if you like groomers that are on the icy side of things, then pano is your dream. really their only saving grace is the giant hot tubs and night life.

Very true! I dont mind Pano though, has some pretty wicked back country and a couple nice bowls, but yeah I agree on it being stupidly icy. Maybe I'll try to hit up a couple different places. I'll be there for enough time to get a couple differant hills in for sure.

Offline energie

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 04 WW EVO VIII
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:12 pm »
Gonna be hitting up big white and silver star this weekend should be a blast.  :D