Friday, may 25, 2012
- checked all connections with fuel pump lines, put wd40 on all of them, put deatchswerks pump back in, doesn't prime or make any noise
- installed stock fuel pump, primes instantly and works fine (obv. faulty deat pump)
- ran a personal best of 13.1 in the 1/4. Need to work on my 1st to 2nd shifting as it is too sloppy
Saturday, may 26, 2012 (TY Brandon and Braden for all the help)
- installed the brake brace and it was a real PITA. If you own an STI do yourself a favor and don't listen to their instructions. You have to take off the TMIC to be able to get the brace in, and even then the hard brake lines go right over the bolt holes so find yourself a friend to help out.
- on a better note the brace makes the car feel brand new (stopping wise) which is awesome since my pads are fading, definitely an excellent mod!
- Heat wrapped the EL headers
Sunday, may 27, 2012
- Woke up early and did the silicone sealant spray on the header/wrap
- installed EL headers
- did a few long highway runs to burn the wrap in
- it sounds like a honda
Once it stops raining I will do a video of the differences between stock headers and these EL ones. I have noticed already less bass even in the stock catback so it sounds more like a normal car now. With the cutout open the car doesn't rattle anymore but it def sounds a bit raspy when booting it, I haven't heard it from the outside yet so that will be the final test on if I like it or not.