Author Topic: Kijho's 95 STI - New Photo dump  (Read 7263 times)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
Re: Kijho's 95 STI - New Photo dump
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »
Bought CF Hood Struts off Shinichi - He helped me install them and after some painful issues with the bolts put some new stronger bolts in the hood and they look wicked!

Went through about 4 Double Din decks before finally deciding with this one. My first purchase was a $600 Kenwood and I immediately returned it. Definitely didn't seem very "smooth" or responsive at all. Ended up getting a really good deal on this entry model JVC deck from Visions in the NE ;)

Installed this $7 ebay volt gauge in the trunk directly running into my amp voltage for no reason but looks.

General update as of March 2013:
Still suffering from a rough initial 5 second idle/ start-up ONLY when it's cold. Now that it's Spring, some of the warmer mornings I've gone out and she's fired up so smoothly.
Other mornings not so much.
I've had literally once every 2 - 3 weeks where the car just doesn't turn over. I'll turn the key and it will just crank and crank - and won't start.
I'll prime the pump a couple times and leave the key on ACC for a bit and then it starts up without a single issue.

Nonetheless the car's running quite nicely. I've heard from many people the best way to keep it strong is simply to drive it strong, and I do have to say that has proven to be the exact truth.
I've been driving Deerfoot every morning and putting on a decent amount of KM's but I've noticed it runs smooth going 100km/h on deerfoot versus stop and go every red light on Country Hills during my old commute to work.

Can't wait for spring/ summer - I'm currently looking at/ planning some new wheels and a desperately needed outer detailing. (sooo many scratchies!!  :-[)

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 08:24:33 pm »
Not sure if this is related... But when you remove the TGV's on a USDM car, you get the rough start idle (that's the point of the TGV's)... JDM's don't have TGV's..
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2013, 10:42:57 am »
Here's a shot from a while back of Kyle helping install his old 4" axle back on my car.