Author Topic: Slotato's wagon: For Sale  (Read 17819 times)

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2003 S2000, 1998 Civic
Slotato's wagon, Hurry up SMY!!!
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2012, 12:46:55 am »
I think I'm leaning towards the AFE, I know there big in the truck world, just don't seem to have caught on in the Subaru world.

Birds Hit: 4

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2012, 01:17:40 am »
Pics!

This is why I changed it

Inlet all broken after taking it out

Perrin inlet in

Battery mod!

For those of you that know battery test #'s my resistance was at 19.5 mOhms
Very high! Also had a solid 167 CCA
haha. I think that was the worst battery I've tested, yet it never gave me any problems even last winter.

Offline Fredrico

• Patchy Faced
  • So far behind, I think I'm in 1st
  • Ride: 2004 WRX
Re: Slotato's wagon, Hurry up SMY!!!
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2012, 03:45:35 pm »
How did you find the install?

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2012, 05:08:31 pm »
It really wasn't to bad, maybe 1.5 hrs at the most. Pulling the stock one out was easy after breaking all the connections off, the hardest part was getting the Perrin inlet started under the intake and wiring harness, just had to pull the harness out of the way and wiggle and push it under the manifold.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
Re: Slotato's wagon, Hurry up SMY!!!
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2012, 09:09:12 am »
I saw your cluster in the part's thread.  Looks good!  I got notice yesterday for a package that had arrived, and my wife asked me if I bought anything recently.  I had totally forgotten about this so we were both stumped. 

Mystery solved, I can't wait to pick it up!
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2012, 12:53:22 pm »
Haha, ya I forgot about it till I got the package notice and had to think about it for a minute till I realized what it was. Didn't get a chance to put it in yesterday, will probably end up putting it in this weekend.

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2012, 06:43:15 pm »
Got around to installing my wideband, cluster surround and got my STi I/C back

The surround looks basically just like OEM and fits very well. I'm very happy with it.

AFR sensor in

Surround and gauge in, this is what I see, it pretty much doesn't block anything

Welding the actual crack in the Intercooler wasn't possible because you couldn't get to it under the flange. So they just blocked off the area and its all sealed up!

Smoke testing

Back to normal and no more intake leaks!

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
Slotato's wagon
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2012, 12:16:37 pm »
I got my AFE intake and grimmspeed EBCS. Then I ordered an e-tune from IAPerformance. Then when installing the intake I decided I should stick with well known intakes cause this thing fits like itshay, actually it doesn't fit at all.

It sits way to low and hits the p/s return line and the fuel rail cover. And the angles are way off and nothing lines up, so now my tune is on hold till this is all figured out. Which AFE seems to think there is a way to fix the fitment issues, I really don't think that's possible.

This is the bolt hole that actually can line up easily

And with that bolted up it ends up here

And here

With the bottom bolt hole pushed into place and bolted in it ends up here

If I put the whole intake in and don't bolt it in it still doesn't line up to the turbo inlet and the heat shield is the angled up towards the front of the car a lot

And the top mount hole is not even close to lining up

On another note I caught a prairie chicken on the way to work last week

Potato

Offline idtrav

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Cholo
Re: Slotato's wagon
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2012, 12:51:45 pm »
Great build! I'm not in a crazy rush to finish mine but will defintely be taking a few pointers out of this, thanks.
Yeah your car is like a mythical creature.

*was

Offline urabus

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2011 WRX
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2012, 02:11:38 pm »
Nice catch! All you need now are some potatoes and salad! Bam! , supper served!

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
Slotato's wagon
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »
Great build! I'm not in a crazy rush to finish mine but will defintely be taking a few pointers out of this, thanks.

Thanks, if you have any question ever, feel free to ask.

Nice catch! All you need now are some potatoes and salad! Bam! , supper served!

Haha, ya I should have kept it! Just glad it didn't cause any damage.

Potato

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2012, 08:45:15 am »
I'm impressed how intact that bird is. Last time I smoked a bird (a sparrow, admittedly) I cracked the radiator on a Ram.

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
Slotato's wagon
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2012, 11:12:17 am »
I was kind of surprised too, although I was still speeding up and only going 40-50 at the point I hit it, I hit another bird in the summer going about 70. That one hit the fog light cover and still didn't break anything.

I'll find out in the spring if it did actually break the condenser I guess. Hopefully not, it all looks good.

Potato

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Slotato's wagon: For Sale
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2013, 07:52:58 pm »
Wow, It's been a while since I posted in here, I'm sure most of you have seen my partout thread. Well I ended up getting a K&N intake. Got that and the ebcs on and had IAPerformance e-tune the car. The boost came on super quick but I still wasn't satisfied with the top end. I was planning to put on a 16gxt or xtr, or at the very least a vf turbo. So I drove it for the winter with a nice dent in the door(courtesy of a nice lady backing up here husbands f-350) and didn't do much else. Then I decided that what I really wanted was a summer only car that I didn't have to hold back on because it was also my winter car and also my only car. Plus the fact that almost every turbo subaru in saskatoon is blowing up, I have decided to sell the Wagon and get an S2000. I've already bought a 98 civic for winter duties so this is a for sure thing now. I've loved S2k's for a long time but never really thought i would end up getting one, I'm excited for this summer and having fun in a new car.

If anyone knows of a good S2000 for sale AP1 preferably for a good price (would like to keep it to $15,000-$16,000 or less, but can go higher if the right one comes along) that they could link me too that would be great.
I am considering most colours except seabring silver, suzuka blue. I also would prefer it to not be red. But again, if the right one comes along and it is red I will consider it.

Despite all the subarus around here having engine failures and me deciding it's not the best engine design for racing (read extended cornering at speed) there is still something about them that I can't write them off completely. There is a very good chance that at sometime in the future I will end up with a turbo subaru again but this time it will be a winter car and I wont have to worry if it will spin a bearing at a trackday. possibly a JDM forester or a real v7 wagon?!

I've had lots of fun and made some good friends because of the wagon and i don't regret buying it for one second, and i'm sure I will miss it. But for now i'm going to have to say goodbye to subarus

heres my fs ad. http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=35074.0

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »
I'm going to miss watching those potatos :( 

Good luck with your sale and the hunt for the S2k!
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2013, 11:19:37 pm »
Don't worry I'll still post once in a while so you can see them, haha.

Unfortunately, it's taking longer than I'd hoped to sell this thing, really hoping I can get it sold soon. I'm very anxious to get an s2k and try some top down cruising. I've got my eye on a few, so if anyone wants a wagon I think you should buy mine.

I'm also up to 4 birds hit. Don't know where the fourth ended up though. I thought it went in my hoodscoop, but when I opened the hood it wasn't there. I did find a few feathers throughout the engine bay though. Then a couple weeks later I pulled my air filter out and found around 10 feathers, haha!

I don't know what it is, but birds just seem to love my car... Or they're trying to commit suicide just at the sight of it, hmm...

Potato