Author Topic: Slotato's wagon: For Sale  (Read 17820 times)

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2003 S2000, 1998 Civic
Saskatchatoon's Busted Wagon
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 06:55:48 pm »
So too keep the thread title relevant, Subaru did a amazing (read terrible) job sealing the oil separator cover on the new shortblock. I had no idea this cover existed so it was quite fun to diagnose.
If you don't know where this cover is, it is behind the flywheel :), this made me just so happy cause that means...

Yup, back out comes the engine. Woohoo... I love having a car that can't be driven, I have no idea how people can store there car for the winter and drive a beater. I'm pretty sure I would go insane!

Now just waiting on parts.

And my p/s line is also leaking and new lines is $320! So looking for an alternative there.

Birds Hit: 4

Offline urabus

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2011 WRX
Re: Saskatchatoon's Busted Wagon
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 06:38:25 am »
dang and we meet with possible snow on the ground tonight!!!! Sorry to here that they messed another car up.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Credit to GrantC for profile pic
  • Ride: 2004 WRX Wagon - ej207 v7 swap, 1993 Honda Civic Si
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:00 am »
So too keep the thread title relevant, Subaru did a amazing (read terrible) job sealing the oil separator cover on the new shortblock. I had no idea this cover existed so it was quite fun to diagnose.
If you don't know where this cover is, it is behind the flywheel :), this made me just so happy cause that means...

Yup, back out comes the engine. Woohoo... I love having a car that can't be driven, I have no idea how people can store there car for the winter and drive a beater. I'm pretty sure I would go insane!

B-R-U-T-A-L

I feel your pain.

Man, we have some unlucky wagons around here. Read my build thread, or even SausageCat's. This now makes three wagons (era 04-05), that have gone through numerous shortblocks.

Between the three of us, we could have given everyone in the Lethbridge Subie community a new engine :sarcasm:

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2011, 08:28:36 am »
Haha, ya I've read yours and sausagecats (was thinking about buying it it back when I was looking, but couldn't afford it)
We have both also had a rear diff explosion too, haha.

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Credit to GrantC for profile pic
  • Ride: 2004 WRX Wagon - ej207 v7 swap, 1993 Honda Civic Si
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2011, 09:02:47 am »
Haha, ya I've read yours and sausagecats (was thinking about buying it it back when I was looking, but couldn't afford it)
We have both also had a rear diff explosion too, haha.

Was your Diff under warranty?

I sure am glad mine was as the Subaru City bill was 2929.35$

I spit out my coffee all over the service agents desk when I saw the bill. Poor guy. I then sheepeshly asked: "is.... should this..... why doesn't warranty cover it???"
He then took back the bill and said, "oh, you have warranty??? Sorry about that!!!"

Hahaha. I still have nightmares from that day.

Offline Clint Cart

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 06' Impreza WRX Stage II, 06' Impreza Sport Wagon 2.5i
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2011, 10:42:32 am »
I'd take the power steering line to Hypower on Millar ave. and see if they can make you a new, better and cheaper one.
Clint Yule
Beer doesn't make me fat, it makes me lean. Lean on walls, tables, chairs...

Offline bejamin

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Forester, 2002 Outback Wagon
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2011, 11:03:13 am »
Just make your own PS line. I did and it works like a damn!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1225267
"It's a rally car. And we were bored with chess"

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2011, 11:25:15 am »
Just make your own PS line. I did and it works like a damn!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1225267

I'd take the power steering line to Hypower on Millar ave. and see if they can make you a new, better and cheaper one.

I thought about taking it to Goodall on miners, but I'm also looking into a braided line from pandlmotorsports that's almost the same as the link Bejamin put up. I think I want to do that just cause it will look better and is fairly cheap. But not as cheap as it would probably be from Goodall.

Was your Diff under warranty?

I sure am glad mine was as the Subaru City bill was 2929.35$

I spit out my coffee all over the service agents desk when I saw the bill. Poor guy. I then sheepeshly asked: "is.... should this..... why doesn't warranty cover it???"
He then took back the bill and said, "oh, you have warranty??? Sorry about that!!!"

Hahaha. I still have nightmares from that day.

Ya my extended warranty covered it and it was around $3000 like yours.

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2011, 01:36:42 pm »
ordered a braided line from import image. If parts for the engine take long enough I may have the line in time to put in before the engine.

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2004 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon JBP [1st Subaru]
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2011, 03:03:46 pm »
Did you use the Meguiars kit?

Yeah, planning on doing it in the spring.

Just some feedback for you Yvan...

The Meguiars Kit works great too.  I've used it a couple times, on my head lights as well as friends/families other cars.  Last quite a while, it's a quicker process too.  Although I did look at the 3M kit and it's more pro in my opinion.

That sucks Brandon...

Although I'll know who to call whenever I need my engine pulled, you must be getting PRO at it haha, j/k!

Don't worry lots of winter left yet at least!  Let me know if you ever need an extra set of hands too, or even if you don't mind me hanging out to watch and hand you tools, etc. haha!

Btw thanks for the tip on Touge Tuning, I had found there web site once before but forgot about it.
| 04 WRX [STi'd] Sport Wagon JBP | V7 EJ207 | V8 6-Speed/R180 | SOLD 02 WRX Sport Wagon PSM | Rebuilt EJ205 | 4EAT | SOLD 04 Forester XT PSM | 5-Speed | 07 Forester XT Limited OBP | Built EJ257 | 4EAT | SOLD 03 Subaru Forester XS Premium AW | No Engine | 11 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CBS | EZ36 | 5EAT | 99 GMC Sierra Classic SLE Z71 SGM | 6.0L LQ4/4L65E Swap | 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD SBM | 6.0L LQ9 | 4L65E |

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »
Just some feedback for you Yvan...

The Meguiars Kit works great too.  I've used it a couple times, on my head lights as well as friends/families other cars.  Last quite a while, it's a quicker process too.  Although I did look at the 3M kit and it's more pro in my opinion.

That sucks Brandon...

Although I'll know who to call whenever I need my engine pulled, you must be getting PRO at it haha, j/k!

Don't worry lots of winter left yet at least!  Let me know if you ever need an extra set of hands too, or even if you don't mind me hanging out to watch and hand you tools, etc. haha!

Btw thanks for the tip on Touge Tuning, I had found there web site once before but forgot about it.

Haha, ya it sucks having to pull it again, but I enjoy working on it so it's not too bad.
Ya if you ever need an extra set of hands just let me know, and I'm not allowed to have friends in the shop, but once I get my own garage, then I'll start working on it in there and then I'll be able to have people over to help out.

My cars all back together now though anyway.

Tougetuning is where I've gotten most of my stuff from, they are awesome to deal with and have lots of stuff and can get even more than what is all listed on the site.

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2012, 12:23:00 am »
My car was called a Hyundai today... :( , maybe taking all the badges off wasn't the best idea.

Offline appl2noe

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2010 WRX265
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2012, 08:22:59 am »
I feel your pain...  People keep complimenting me on my nice looking Mazda 3 hatchback.   Argh.

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 06:51:28 pm »
My car was called a Hyundai today... :( , maybe taking all the badges off wasn't the best idea.
I feel your pain...  People keep complimenting me on my nice looking Mazda 3 hatchback.   Argh.

My analysis is that people are dumb...that is all!  haha
| 04 WRX [STi'd] Sport Wagon JBP | V7 EJ207 | V8 6-Speed/R180 | SOLD 02 WRX Sport Wagon PSM | Rebuilt EJ205 | 4EAT | SOLD 04 Forester XT PSM | 5-Speed | 07 Forester XT Limited OBP | Built EJ257 | 4EAT | SOLD 03 Subaru Forester XS Premium AW | No Engine | 11 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CBS | EZ36 | 5EAT | 99 GMC Sierra Classic SLE Z71 SGM | 6.0L LQ4/4L65E Swap | 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD SBM | 6.0L LQ9 | 4L65E |

Offline SLO GTR

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2015 Evo X FE, 1997 Supra RZ, 2015 Street Triple RX
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2012, 11:22:33 pm »
Bad luck man.. :(

Offline Mischief

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Flip-Flopper
  • Ride: Can't keep up
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:53 am »
first day i had mine the waitress commented on how great my new saturn looked, so I will concur with the "people are stupid" hypothesis.

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »
  I ordered the admotorsports 25mm adjustable front swaybar a couple weeks ago. I was then told it would most likely be the end of January before they got another batch. That was no problem at all.
  Then I got another call and the owner of the place that makes the bars for them got sick and very unfortunately died suddenly.
  Now they are trying to find another place to fabricate the bars for them but it's not looking 100% that I will be getting one from them, and I can completely understand why.
  So I'm now on the lookout for a used one, which I'm very doubtful that I will find one since they don't seem to be very common.
  If anyone has an idea or knows where I can get one that would be great.
  I want to have a wagon specific bar, don't want to make a sedan bar "fit"
And the closest I know of is the whiteline 22mm adj. bar. Which I'd much rather have a thicker bar than that.

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2012, 11:23:55 pm »
put some whiteline quick release strut bar bolts in, but had to make them longer first so they would fit. Making your own bolts is not the funnest thing i would say.

the bolts are a bit crude but they work  :P

Also slowly updating post #4 as i receive suspension parts.

Offline thought

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2011 STi Hatch, SWP Sport Tech
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2012, 01:26:38 am »
nice :-)

Offline booSTIn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2012, 11:37:56 am »
That's awesome man! Quick release would be wicked.

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2012, 11:49:17 am »
Yeah man very nice.  I was planning on doing these too, now I'll be cautious of what bar I get after what you had to do...haha! 

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
  • Ride: 12 STI Hatch/ K20 Hybrid EK Hatch
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »
Yeah man very nice.  I was planning on doing these too, now I'll be cautious of what bar I get after what you had to do...haha!
The whiteline one has quick release built in :)
I love long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy's parking lot.

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:46 pm »
The whiteline one has quick release built in :)

Yeah it sure does, I just didn't want to drop that much money on a strut bar originally.  I like things that'll make me go faster for my money haha!

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:41 pm »
The quick release will be super handy. for the amount i paid compared to a whiteline bar id make my own bolts every time. $30 for the bar and $45! for the bolts. I think the whiteline was close to $200?
Now i just need to put that axle in tomorrow... :o

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
Saskatchatoon's Not So Busted Wagon
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2012, 11:48:52 pm »
Well I've collected most of the parts I need to slap my suspension on, just one more order for the koni inserts and I'll have it all. I'll probably end up waiting till school is done (in school for may and june) to order them but I may not be able to hold out that long, haha.

I can put the sway bars and endlinks on though since I have all that. Can't wait to see what it feels like after those are on and then the springs and struts too!!

Checkout post #4 for pics of what I have.

And here is a terribly nighttime pic from my iPhone