Author Topic: How-To: Remove clip from fender liner without destroying it  (Read 1688 times)

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
How-To: Remove clip from fender liner without destroying it
« on: October 01, 2011, 12:15:05 am »
I was installing my new Rally Armor Mudflaps this evening with the help of this DIY vid:  http://www.hspn.tv/?videoid=42

However, at 1:50, the fellow completely destroys one of the clips.  Even though these clips are replaced with screws from the RA Mudflap kit, I'm the type who hates to waste things :D  Here's how you can avoid destroying the clip, and add yet more useless junk into your pile of parts:

The center of the clip will pop out with a Phillips screwdriver, but if you try to lefty loosen it, the entire clip will rotate.  Dig under the clip with a flat head screwdriver, and position it so that it will resist the movement caused by your Phillips screwdriver.  (You'll need your other hand on the flat head screwdriver, I just needed it free to take the picture). 

And voila!  It should pop open like the other three clips (at 1:13 of the video) for you to remove with relative ease! 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline bkope

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 11 STI
Re: How-To: Remove clip from fender liner without destroying it
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:22:58 pm »
Thanks for this! Actually just snapped one of mine and came inside to check of a better way to take them off. Never thought to pinch the back side lol.  :D

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Chev // 18’ X1