Author Topic: Pink's (Death) Adder STI *crashed* ~but being fixed~  (Read 12299 times)

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
Re: Pink's (Death) Adder STI *crashed* ~but being fixed~
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2015, 02:15:38 pm »
Multi-coloured cars are a guaranteed way to make the person next to you in traffic stay just a little further away from you in their lane.

Offline SnowBreeze

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Altezza
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2015, 02:19:45 pm »
Glad to hear you're fixing it! What colour are you thinking of going with?

Offline Pinkdonut666

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 98 v5 WRX STI
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2015, 02:31:18 pm »
Glad to hear you're fixing it! What colour are you thinking of going with?

aha wow everyone is asking!

I'm just going to go with the black so I don't have to paint the door jams on engine bay...

But If I was going to change the color it would be WRB

But i really have grown very found of the black with red metal fleck. that combined with the black and red interior really suits my tastes.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2015, 02:43:49 pm »
What is the difference in price between a complete color change or re paint the same color.

Offline Pinkdonut666

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2015, 04:11:26 pm »
What is the difference in price between a complete color change or re paint the same color.

large because of the extra work to have the door jams and under hood painted.

to have the color changed would be almost double the price.

That being said i don't really want to change the color.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »
Hmm...Reason I ask is I have been wanting to get my car repainted white but was worried about how much it might cost.

Anyways....I think you should keep it black anyways. It may get dirty easy bla bla but when it is clean it looks incredible.

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2015, 04:43:39 pm »
Hmm...Reason I ask is I have been wanting to get my car repainted white but was worried about how much it might cost.

Anyways....I think you should keep it black anyways. It may get dirty easy bla bla but when it is clean it looks incredible.

Any reason why you want to repaint your car white?
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline VTAKLOL

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2015, 05:47:47 pm »
Paint it gunmetal! I've only seen one in the city and it's a real head turner!
It really is such a gorgeous colour, it's what I'd repaint my car if I ever did.

Multi-coloured cars are a guaranteed way to make the person next to you in traffic stay just a little further away from you in their lane.
People staying further away from me is all good with me, but multi-coloured GC8's seems to be the latest trend, which is why I'm trying to track down a silver V5/6 bumper myself so I can swap my front end from black back to silver.

It's actually too bad my black V6 front is a little damaged now or it would have been perfect for your car Donut, but I'm sure if I decide to try and sell it, some kid will buy it.
Just glad to see yours is getting fixed. :)

Offline Dr Beans

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 Canyon & 2001 STI
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2015, 06:04:40 pm »
I get so confused by this thread. You have no money, no job, have to borrow money from relatives just to fix your vehicle, have two project cars - one of which is really unreliable and fairly hard to get parts for and the other doesn't run, and you're talking about repainting your car which costs 5-7g's. I mean, I'm glad you like cars, but if there is ever a time to give your head a shake about fiscal priorities it's probably now. /mom&dadrant

Offline EricFXT

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2010 WRB STI
Re: Pink's (Death) Adder STI *crashed*
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2015, 06:44:22 pm »
That's probably for full coverage, no?

Yes it is for full coverage, my broker said with only collision it would have only been about 500$ less a year.

That seems excessive, what did you do??!! :o Even when I had my STI it wasn't nearly as much as that and i was only 23 clean record too

Being 18 is what i did lol

As for plans regarding the car, I'm going to start saving for when the engine blows up.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2015, 10:20:42 pm »
I pay 3600$/year with a clean record, I'd happily trade you premiums :p

I hope they're at least giving you a reach around, seeing as they've got their dick so far up your assay.

I have $18,000 in this car, it's worth $4000 for me to fix.

actually no one for that matter knows it's been crashed. It's not written off, so there will be no record of the damage.

Dude, that sounds sketchy as uckfay.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2015, 07:55:31 am »
Any reason why you want to repaint your car white?

The paint is dingy and all the panels are different shades of white/yellow.

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2015, 07:57:48 am »
The paint is dingy and all the panels are different shades of white/yellow.

Wait until after the detail.  8)
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline chico_kj_23

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1993 WRX, 2011 G37X, 2018 4Runner
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2015, 08:14:07 am »
Dude, that sounds sketchy as uckfay.

Thats what I was saying! 8)

Offline Pinkdonut666

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2015, 08:37:38 am »
Thats what I was saying! 8)

my insurance company obviously knows of the accident, but they don't care about extent of the damage so long as it can pass an insurance inspection after i fix it.

Offline Pinkdonut666

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2015, 09:03:39 am »

I have a strong emotional attachment to this car that most people don't.

My car is the reason I didn't end up killing myself and it is all i care about and all i look forward to in life.

so cutting that tie would never be easy for me.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2015, 11:04:18 am »
I'm 18, not finished highschool, still live at home, my mom left the family a few years ago and has been paying child care i guess, my dad hasn't been able to work in 10 years or so and he's dying of lymphatic cancer. I was suffering from serious clinical depression when i bought my car, and have only recently started to overcome it, thanks in a big way to medication and professional help. But the other big part was my car. It gave me a reason to want to live my life... Yes my life is that shallow. The only thing i give a itshay about is my car. But at least thats something to live for, otherwise I probably would have been more successful in committing suicide. 

and on another note people have been commenting on my triple car garage, yeah you can thank my slutty itchbay of a mother for that. She was making $250k a year for a while and so this is "her" house, but she decided family wasn't fun enough for her so she left me and my sister to take care of my dad since hes incredibly sick all the time... We may have a $900k house but our dining room table and chairs was $25 just for perspective.

Man, for someone so sick, you're dad sure makes things work, with his $2000 Brembo conversion

SO i convinced my dad to buy a complete 04STI brembo brake set... wow did that turn into a mess.. $1550 for the calipers, oversized e brake shoes, dog bone adapters,  pads, rotors, and braided brake lines.  but them one of the calipers bleeder screws was stripped, so that was $140 at a brake shop to have the caliper fixed, and then i find out oversized E brake shoes don't fit legacy's -_- so thats now $600 (shipped) for DBA conversion rotors from Import Image racing (not sure if that was a bad idea or not, seeing as it's been 11 days and they haven't said they shipped them yet -_-)

And his CBR600F Hurricane bike.

he's 63 and driving a JDM aha people never seem to believe that. He also rides a Honda CBR 600 Hurricane when he gets the chance.

I hope when I'm that old and sick, I can drop money and ride uncomfortable old sport bikes.

But I guess it's worth the $25 kitchen furniture.

I thought I had it good with my 1986 Honda accord in high school, making $8/hour (more than minimum wage, uckfay yeah!)
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2015, 11:13:03 am »
so cutting that tie would never be easy for me.

Just so you know, Subarus are NOT reliable cars. JDM ones even less so. Be prepared, hombre. She gonna blow up.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?

Offline Pinkdonut666

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »
Man, for someone so sick, you're dad sure makes things work, with his $2000 Brembo conversion

And his CBR600F Hurricane bike.

I hope when I'm that old and sick, I can drop money and ride uncomfortable old sport bikes.

But I guess it's worth the $25 kitchen furniture.

I thought I had it good with my 1986 Honda accord in high school, making $8/hour (more than minimum wage, uckfay yeah!)

#1 i did the conversion, and it was money leftover from the minivan which sold for 20K the legacy was 8K

#2 he bought that bike when brand new, he just likes to still ride it every once and awhile for about 10-15mins.

#3 you should see what people drive in high school these days, you cab ttell the difference between the student lot and the teachers lot because the students lot is filled with brand new expensive cars... but maybe thats just sherwood park...

Offline SnowBreeze

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Altezza
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2015, 12:20:41 pm »

I thought you were old lol

Im sure your previous generation was saying "I thought i had it good with my bicycle in highschool"

Offline Pinkdonut666

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2015, 12:23:30 pm »
I thought you were old lol

Im sure your previous generation was saying "I thought i had it good with my bicycle in highschool"

Pic related:

Offline Dr Beans

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 Canyon & 2001 STI
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2015, 12:39:22 pm »
you should see what people drive in high school these days, you cab ttell the difference between the student lot and the teachers lot because the students lot is filled with brand new expensive cars... but maybe thats just sherwood park...

No, that's Sherwood Park... where vehicles are powered by mommy and daddy who don't give two itshays about there spoiled assay children. I used to coach basketball at Sal a few years ago and had 16-17 year old kids snicker at my S2K because their new evo or mustang was faster. Facey is even worse.

And you should really take down your family/personal problems - this isn't facebook and no one cares. If you are truly dealing with half the itshay you posted up go see (keep seeing) a professional, suicide and depression is nothing to talk casually about, especially in this environment. The internet isn't the place to air your personal problems.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:48 pm »
you should see what people drive in high school these days

You should pay more attention to the teacher than the cars in the lot. Your grammar could use the help.

Offline Pinkdonut666

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2015, 01:10:27 pm »
No, that's Sherwood Park... where vehicles are powered by mommy and daddy who don't give two itshays about there spoiled assay children. I used to coach basketball at Sal a few years ago and had 16-17 year old kids snicker at my S2K because their new evo or mustang was faster. Facey is even worse.

And you should really take down your family/personal problems - this isn't facebook and no one cares. If you are truly dealing with half the itshay you posted up go see (keep seeing) a professional, suicide and depression is nothing to talk casually about, especially in this environment. The internet isn't the place to air your personal problems.

I know that no one cares, but people were poking and prodding for answers so i don't care if I give them out.

everything i posted is true, talking about it casually in an almost joking way is the only way i can deal with it honestly.

I'll remove that post if it offends enough people or a mod could clean this entire thread up if they see fit... this is getting out of hand.

and as for my grammar, I type these posts on a phone that looks like this:

and I don't particularly care if i make a few grammatical errors thanks, I'll save my cares for my English diploma coming up.