Author Topic: lake auto cross near Red Deer  (Read 3081 times)

Offline pacman91

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2003 Sentra SER SPEC-V
lake auto cross near Red Deer
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:52:34 PM »
Hey guys with the weather getting colder i began wondering, when and where there might be some ice racing done. I live near Red Deer and have always wanted to do an ice race, like since before i could drive. And with Sylvan lake, Gull lake, and Dixon dam close by wondered if anyone did race there. If someone is planing to race let me know i got a few friends that would love to try it out assay-well. Oh and does anyone know how thick ice should be BEFORE racing on it?

Offline Jesse.Korpan

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2009 Subaru STi
Re: lake auto cross near Red Deer
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
The thing about Door to Door ice racing is you need a roll cage and all that fun safety gear. I know people have set up trips to lakes to screw around on and stuff but other then that I'm not to sure about lake racing. There is always Winter Ice Dice and CSCC has things like the snow cone challenge.

I'm pretty sure it has to be 4 feet or 1.2 meters to Huck a car around on ice.

If you look through the member video thread some one did up a video on a lake ( cant remember which ) but I'm pretty sure it was in the red deer area (ish)

If you find something suitable i would be down for some hooning lol
Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
  • Ride: 12 STI Hatch/ K20 Hybrid EK Hatch
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:24:11 PM »
Ive always wanted to rip around on a frozen lake! That would be Sooo much fun. But yeah don't know where such events are hosted.
I love long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy's parking lot.

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 01:13:48 AM »
The thing about Door to Door ice racing is you need a roll cage and all that fun safety gear. I know people have set up trips to lakes to screw around on and stuff but other then that I'm not to sure about lake racing.

What's Door to Door ice racing?

My local (BC) rally-x club, WCRA, does rally-x events on Barnes Lake, and we didn't need roll cages etc. Surely you guys have something like this too?

'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 01:29:22 AM »
What's Door to Door ice racing?

My local (BC) rally-x club, WCRA, does rally-x events on Barnes Lake, and we didn't need roll cages etc. Surely you guys have something like this too?

Actually racing other people in beaters. Were I've been doing has been invite only by owner due to a dumb assay purposely going for the head on collision. (With a Subaru none the less).

I've been doing it for the last few years in the Ramcharger that we have. Out of everything, finding a good way to stud the tires is the most important thing.

How it's been set up:
- Drivetrain classes, FR, FF, and AWD
- 4 people at a time.
- Start was quite a process, line up all the vehicles and leave running, get out and go to people start line, run in, throw the helmet on, and giver itshay.
- 5 laps of course of the clean ice, (no zamboni, just bobcat with blade)
- Winner gets first drink of keg.

With the bipolar temperatures last year, the ice wasn't freezing in a solid chunk, but one on top of the other, so it didn't really work out.

The types of anywhere used were anywhere from Toyota trucks, Winstars (they didn't win), Neons, old town cars, astro vans, and anything under $500, cause they rarely made it out in the same condition they went in. Decorate the crap outta them, and have a blast.
Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline My Dad

• Inarguably bearded
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • 9K all day
  • Ride: 12 STI Hatch/ K20 Hybrid EK Hatch
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
That is awesome!!! Looks like a time attack D1 destruction derby >:D >:D

So who owns a lake?!?
I love long walks on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wendy's parking lot.

Offline Justin brace

• Stubbly Faced
lake auto cross near Red Deer
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
I would love to do something like that that would be a super fun day!

Sent from my iSheep using Tapatlak