Author Topic: Tenacious_B Rages against the machine...  (Read 27156 times)

Offline Tenacious_B

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
  • Ride: 2016 Escape Failtanium
Re: Disturbing Trends
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »
When I'm the dictator of my own banana republic, I'll pass a law that if you stop in the merging lane of a highway because your too scared of the massive power in your Nissan Multi and won't use the accelerator, I'll have your stereo wired to only play the sound balloons make when you rub them..... at 110db....

I used to drive Subaru's.

Offline lynx440

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
You're right about that, but my point is that exhaust doesn't come out of the front fenders, because the worst ice is right before or slightly after the stop line.
That's because as the ice worsens, each consecutive person without winter tires on their minivan slides further and further into the intersection before they stop ;)

Offline teacherman

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 02 Forester Limited STi (soon...), 98 Legacy GT Wagon aka. The Family Truckster
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2012, 04:15:35 PM »
That's because as the ice worsens, each consecutive person without winter tires on their minivan slides further and further into the intersection before they stop ;)

Then pins it to get going after the light turns green.

You can't teach someone common sense

Times I've counted other people's counts in their sig: countless

Offline Jessica

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 FXT
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »
I hereby decree that those who yield in the free flow lane will have to clean the toilet at one of my jobs for the rest of their lives. And that is not a task would wish on anyone.

Offline Tenacious_B

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
^ Please tell me you work at a Mexican restaurant.

Offline Jessica

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:04 PM »
^ Please tell me you work at a Mexican restaurant.

Hahahaha. No I don't, but I work with a group of five guys, and I'm the only girl.

Online RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
Hahahaha. No I don't, but I work with a group of five guys, and I'm the only girl.

From stories that happened in the men's washroom thread, it would seem to me that it would rival Mexican or East Indian restaurant quality.
Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline JDM69

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
I notice the people who merge too slowly often seem petrified of flowing traffic. These people are always clutching the wheel like grim death and sitting way too close to the dashboard. While their actions are dangerous, they're always worth a laugh to look at.

Offline alistairh

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2011 Sedan
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »
I notice the people who merge too slowly often seem petrified of flowing traffic. These people are always clutching the wheel like grim death and sitting way too close to the dashboard. While their actions are dangerous, they're always worth a laugh to look at.

Yup. And that's why I always try to be at the front of the line when merging.
I Broke what, and it's going to cost HOW MUCH to fix?!
343AWHP/425AWTQ - Airboy POWER!
Rockin a DGM Sedan since before it was cool

Offline Tenacious_B

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 08:40:07 AM »
Why is it that, when at my local Costco, when I ask for a box to put my groceries in the cashiers look at me like just said the most ridiculous thing in the world? Then refuse?  Sorry, I have to carry them up 3 flights of stairs with no elevator, I'd rather not do it one item at a time.

Why is it that, on the whitemud, if I give the guy going 50 km/h in the left lane a quick flash of the high beams he needs to lose his mind?  Dude, you're going 50 km/h.   I'm trying to tell you I'd like to get by, passing on the right is illegal and silly anyways, left lane is for those that wish to do the speed limit or higher....  A quick flash of the high beams means "Excuse me kind sir, but I would like to get by you, would you be so kind as to move your vehicle over in a safe manner so that I may overtake?"  It doesn't mean: "YOU SUCK!!! IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!! BURN WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!!!!!" Mmmmmmmmkay?

Offline GC8REX

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • The little boxer that could
  • Ride: 1995 Impreza WRX, 1997 Forester S/TB
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:59 AM »
Why is it that, when at my local Costco, when I ask for a box to put my groceries in the cashiers look at me like just said the most ridiculous thing in the world? Then refuse?  Sorry, I have to carry them up 3 flights of stairs with no elevator, I'd rather not do it one item at a time.

Why is it that, on the whitemud, if I give the guy going 50 km/h in the left lane a quick flash of the high beams he needs to lose his mind?  Dude, you're going 50 km/h.   I'm trying to tell you I'd like to get by, passing on the right is illegal and silly anyways, left lane is for those that wish to do the speed limit or higher....  A quick flash of the high beams means "Excuse me kind sir, but I would like to get by you, would you be so kind as to move your vehicle over in a safe manner so that I may overtake?"  It doesn't mean: "YOU SUCK!!! IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!! BURN WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!!!!!" Mmmmmmmmkay?

Haha so true! I don't flash my lights for this very reason, everyone loses their itshay

Offline rith

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: GR - RIP. Oct 2009 - June 2015
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »
Haha so true! I don't flash my lights for this very reason, everyone loses their itshay

I flashed some D-bag in an Audi A6 for doing to good ol Ricer blow by/swerving from lane to lane trying to pass everyone at 7:30 am doing 70km in a 50 zone (just a bit off whyte on Gateway)

He went ape itshay, he pulled up beside me ranting / spitting / crying then I didn't let him remerge into an exit off Sask drive.. it was funny.

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
Re: Disturbing Trends/Tenacious_B's thread of rantness.....
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 08:58:55 AM »
I don't know why people get so offended when I flash my lights at them like that...from now on perhaps I should just PIT manouver them into the ditch.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:35 AM »
Those people should try driving on the Autobahn.

When you're in a Nissan X-Trail filled with people and luggage and you're forced to pass a couple trucks and slow moving cars in the far left lane, its terrifying when an Audi comes up at you from absolutely nowhere, flashing its high-beams, at about 240kph
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Jessica

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »

I flashed my highbeams at someone doing 25km/h off the Terwillegar exist going west once... that ended poorly. Buddy got so angry he stopped in the middle of the off ramp and proceeded to scream profanities and wonder what the fvck my problem was. The posted speed limit on that ramp is 40km/h  ::) And to put things in perspective, the roads were bone dry.

Offline poopeebum

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »
I hereby decree that those who yield in the free flow lane will have to clean the toilet at one of my jobs for the rest of their lives. And that is not a task would wish on anyone.

this happens all the time on 114 st, to belgravia rd. i always have my hand on the horn ready to blast people who stop in free flow. its bad enough people slow all the way down to 25 kph on this free flow merge during rush hour.

haha im sure those guys flippin their itshay have severe epilepsy and they're just having an seizure from the hi-beam flashing, completely normal for the medical condition. lol
2005 WRX Wagon with Saab bodykit

Online RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
Those people should try driving on the Autobahn.

When you're in a Nissan X-Trail filled with people and luggage and you're forced to pass a couple trucks and slow moving cars in the far left lane, its terrifying when an Audi comes up at you from absolutely nowhere, flashing its high-beams, at about 240kph

They (being frequent autobahn drivers) are actually really courteous drivers. When they are not driving 240kmph and you signal to lane change, they will slow down to let you get in and pass the one vehicle in front of you. Try for another car and the horn and/or high beams come out

Doesn't help you're driving on the other side  ;)
Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline Claw

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | 06S2k
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
IHATEYOU  x20
DIE x110

Wow, so much anger.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 11:46:40 AM »
They (being frequent autobahn drivers) are actually really courteous drivers. When they are not driving 240kmph and you signal to lane change, they will slow down to let you get in and pass the one vehicle in front of you. Try for another car and the horn and/or high beams come out

Some were quite courteous... others were not.

My point was that if you got pissed off with people flashing their high beams coming up behind you, then the autobahn isn't the place to be.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 12:14:37 PM »
Meh, I slow down and block people if they flash their lights at me. Because race car.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline canehdianJ

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2006 Lotus Elise 111R, 2016 Golf GTi
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

Why is it that, on the whitemud, if I give the guy going 50 km/h in the left lane a quick flash of the high beams he needs to lose his mind?  Dude, you're going 50 km/h.   I'm trying to tell you I'd like to get by, passing on the right is illegal and silly anyways, left lane is for those that wish to do the speed limit or higher....  A quick flash of the high beams means "Excuse me kind sir, but I would like to get by you, would you be so kind as to move your vehicle over in a safe manner so that I may overtake?"  It doesn't mean When you stay in my way or get angry because i used "flash to pass" it  now means : "YOU SUCK!!! IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  IHATEYOU  DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!! BURN WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!!!!!" Mmmmmmmmkay?

fixed.

Offline Tenacious_B

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
Disturbing Trends/Tenacious_B's thread of rantness.....
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 10:31:13 PM »
Lol.... :)

Sent from my iSheep using Tapatlak

Offline soulindk

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2018 Crosstrek
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »
I think we should all just agree that the majority of drivers out there got their license from a cereal box and their common decency from a clearance/expired bin.
Smart went crazy and rode a unicorn through the storm. - Atmosphere

Online kijho

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
On the topic of flashing, I don't do it, I just pass on the right, if it's a 3 lane road I just drive in the empty right hand lane for a while before I go back over and hit 120kmh or somethin...

However, few weeks ago driving home deerfoot north end of the city, this guy driving a silver older bmw with his buddy was in the fast lane.
I was in the middle lane doing 100kmh, I was going pretty much even speed as the transport truck to my left in the fast lane perhaps going 110km/h.
Then to the right in the 3rd lane was a minivan going just about 100?
Here's a diagram.....

110km        100km   100km
[transport] | [me] | [minivan]

[BMW]      |         |

Now the bmw was riding the hell out this (I'm assuming) fully loaded transport truck with a full size trailer.
The Minivan was up ahead, and I was going to be exiting off in about 3km's, no rush at all.

This bmw behind the transport figured he'd start flashing* the transport truck. Not just one simple flick of the light, like rapidly flipping
the highbeam switch on his bmw....

I was so confused as to why the uckfay you'd ever do something that stupid to someone driving something 10X bigger and 10x heavier than your daddy's beamer.. especially when he's beside me... uckfay!

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »
I just don't think it's practical given our laws. We don't have a fast lane or a passing lane for the most part, we have a left and a right lane. I have never heard of anyone being pulled over because they weren't going fast enough in the left lane. If I'm turning left 5 min or so up the road, I'll stay in the left lane, assuming it's possible and safe. If someone wants to go faster, they can go around and I'll try to make that easy for them. If they flash their lights at me, I'll speed match the guy next to me.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.