Author Topic: Board advise  (Read 2123 times)

Offline WGN 2NV

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: stage 2 07 wrx wagon
Board advise
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:07:10 pm »
Hey all, hopefully everyone has had a chance to ride this season. Question for you all, I currently ride a pretty basic setup (Lamar mission board, ride lx bindings, and morrow boots) and have recently started to get a bit more adventurous on the hills, so i would like a board with a bit more pop. I've been searching around and a technine street 158 (which is the length i would like) caught my eye. So my question is, has anyone had any experience with technine boards that could chime in, good or bad? Or even give some other boards that would fit the bill. thanks in advance. Here is the link to the board in question  http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-snowboard-Technine-Street-Snowboard-158-cm-Burton-Cartel-Bindings-W0QQAdIdZ349150007

Offline RIP

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Outback
Board advise
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:53:09 pm »
My wife has a technine, pretty solid board, but if you really want pop a Libtech... Try there pickle model and/or a Burton custom or joystick

Offline AwdSex

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: almost stock 06 STi
Re: Board advise
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:52 pm »
I have a rome artifact and love it. Also have had a gnu can't remember the exact model was a while ago also was a good ride. I find burton a little over priced. Lib tech is a good choice, so is capita. All good ones to check into. If you want to go way out there read up on a dinosaurs well die, but they are tough to find.
ATP 3071/ Tomie Header/Tomie Up/ DW 740cc/Perrin FMIC/Turbo XS exhaust/Other Stuff/ Airboy

rith

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 10:27:22 pm »
No idea in technine, but I'm
Pleased with my neversummer legacy 161. I actually get complimented on how nice of a board it
Is even when I get it waxed hah?

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:00:38 am »
Burton Hero would be a good choice as well. LibTech/Gnu has some really solid stuff and would be worth checking out. I haven't worked in a shop for a few years, but my recommendation would be to go into a board shop and talk to someone who knows what's up. It's also getting to be "late" in the season so options and choices might be getting limited as well, just keep that in mind.
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline AwdSex

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: almost stock 06 STi
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 09:02:30 am »
If your not in a rush wait till the sale in the summer easy rider had cartels for 100$ and any boot in stock for 100$ as for boards check them out in a shop and order it online. Keep on mind each shop I's going to try to blow up there suppliers cause that's what there paid to do.
ATP 3071/ Tomie Header/Tomie Up/ DW 740cc/Perrin FMIC/Turbo XS exhaust/Other Stuff/ Airboy

Offline Wrxtasy

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Win Sum Lue Sum too
  • Ride: Ducati
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 05:07:24 pm »
Lib-Tech... !
Official Anti-Purist

Offline JDM69

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 05:40:28 pm »
If you're looking for "POP", I highly suggest buying a carbon board. I ride a Nidecker carbon fiber and it flexes really well for me.

The board in the link you posted doesn't say what it's made of or list any specifics, but it looks like a good deal. He's offering the boards, boots, and bindings all for $300! Best offer will surely be cheaper ... If you're already sold on the TechNine setup then make an offer  8) But you may compromise your desired effect for a solid price.

Offline Brasco

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 13 STi
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 07:59:12 am »
I ride Lib-Tech, loving it.  Especially with the "serrated" edges for those days you come across some ice

Offline rwolf

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 09 IS250 Rowing Edition
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 02:45:10 am »
I hear you never go back after riding on neversummer.