Author Topic: Spencer's '96 V-Limited WRX  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Spencer-jdm

• Patchy Faced
  • sans kidney stones since 94
  • Ride: gc
Spencer's '96 V-Limited WRX
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »
Alright so here we go finally on the whole build thread thing, this is my first Subaru and will not be my last. To say the least I fell in love with this car the moment I got it to fire in my back alley.

So here goes the story of this car, I imported it from a friend of a friend, who goes under the business title of boss imports, spent months saving and researching while trying to find the right wrx to bring in, eventually found this one.

A pretty good condition V-limited edition WRX. Ok so bit the bullet and transfered funds, next thing I knew she was on the boat coming over seas, at this point I was super ancy and putting away a little bit more money for future mods, insurance, problems upon landing and such. Well the car landed in Vancouver and it was right around christmas time so plane tickets were ridiclously expensive (500$ one way) so just decided to get it on a truck incase there was some serious issues with the car, and making the drive legal is a PITA. Weeks went by after I received the phone call from van port, turns out the car got held because of suspicion of illegal substance... Great, finally got it through and onto the truck, to deadmonton then down to calgary. Went to some random shipping yard then got her towed on a flat deck to my house.

This is how it showed up, not running, battery was dead, majorly dead. No chime even with the key in and door open dead. Also wouldn't fire, really glad I didn't fly out to van to show up to a non running car. Turned out the ignitor was fried from the shipping guys putting on jumper cables backwards.

After I got her running went through the OOP, had some trouble passing but all turned out ok in the end.

Haven't done a whole lot since getting it through insurance and everything just getting the car running tip top and handle well. Regular maintence including
-trans flush and fill
-oil change to synthetic
-tire rotation, balance, alignment and new tie rods

Miscellaneous DIY stuff
-in dash gps mount

-window tint, 5% rear 3 windows, 20% front driver and passenger
-Redded out tailights
-Mesh grill with painted subaru emblem
-05 WRX coilpack conversion
-Apexi power intake
-pioneer android capable,bluetooth deck and infinity rear speaker for now.

To do
-Install megan racing coilovers (Thanks blessedthekellen) Just awaiting new rear shock since once was majorly out of shape, misunderstanding from seller and in the end an aggrement was made and I'm happy.

(see what I mean?)

-Invidia n1 race exhaust with ebay DP
-Robs tune 440 (for now) maybe 550 later on or standalone from sunny or someone else in the future, probably next spring.

Here's how she sits at the moment, after I get the new rear shock the coilovers will go and in and lower her down a bit just in time for summer.

Car goes in for a cut, polish and wax to bring back the paint and bit. Then eventually a V5 sti wing if I can find on from the wreckers or used somewhere in the meantime she sits wingless... because, anti racecar.

Ps. Im sure im forgetting lots of random stuff but ill add in as I remember and time goes by.
Lets here it ladies and gentlemen!
Spotted Count-1
"Thinks to myself, I need more obnoxious and loud parts to make spot count go up. BINGO"

Build thread http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=28538.0

Offline Spencer-jdm

• Patchy Faced
Re: Spencer's '96 V-Limited WRX
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:50:51 pm »
Reserved for future
Spotted Count-1
"Thinks to myself, I need more obnoxious and loud parts to make spot count go up. BINGO"

Offline Spencer-jdm

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »
Alright well no photo for an update here, but uhh I'm blown away with the noise coming off this apexi intake. It's absolutely crazy, completely different sound! Changed the noise of my BOV too... (here comes the hate) also considering I have no friends here apparently since I'm not getting any hits on this haha. Well maybe I'll take some photo's after the coilovers go in and get beaked for being too low. Guess I can only wait and find out !
Spotted Count-1

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:52:14 pm »
<3