Author Topic: 2012 WSC ride thread  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Shanty

• Beards Comin in Nice
2012 WSC ride thread
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:27:11 am »
Hey guys,

I am sure there are lots of us out there getting rides in. I know I have been. So far I think I have been out 15-20 times and loving it. new bike is performing great. Here are a couple videos that I have taken with the new contour.   :)

I also built up a 2007 specialized P2 for playing around on which I took out this morning for the first time to the skatepark near my house. Have never really biked in a skatepark before but was a lot of fun. Check out the videos of that below!

Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline silverSTi

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2006 Yamaha R6, 2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Re: 2012 WSC ride thread
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 12:37:20 pm »
Where did you go for that first video? That looks pretty sweet

Offline Shanty

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »
The first video starts at the NW corner of Saskatchewan Drive and 99th street. You go behind the bridge and follow it along. lots in there.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline Lìam

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1995 wrx RA
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:48:37 am »
Road that area for the first time yesterday, Parked at kinsmen and did some of the old Canada Cup stuff. That section by the bridge is super fun.

Offline Dutchy

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2015 Camaro SS 1le
2012 WSC ride thread
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:14:06 am »
That first video looks like a sweet spot. It's been so long since I've hit the river valley. Might have to try and hit it a few times this year.

Offline Shanty

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:12:18 am »
So I have been out lots the past few weeks. averaging 5 times a week. Mostly trail with a bit of park as well. Anyone else hittin up the trails?
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline bikingmike

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 FXT
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »
yea I've been trying to get a good balance between the road bike and the trail bike, usually 1 day ill do a road ride and the next ill do a trail day. but with all the rain out in calgary (maybe edmonton too?) this week been trying to shred fish creek almost every day, gotta refresh my mind on riding really technical root trails to build my confidence again for the season before hitting up fernie or silverstar this summer, no better way than in wet slippery conditions!  ^-^ but definitely stoked to ride a lot this season!
1991 turbo legacy- sold to Jer
2004-forester XT-new baby

Offline Shanty

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 11:21:57 am »
It has been a sad two weeks for me. I have only been out twice. Partly due to going on vacation for 5 days and party due to the rear shock on my Trance deciding to blow the seals and is currently still with Fox for a rebuild. Hopefully it will be back soon. Sent it out Monday last week. Right now i have my P2 to ride but since it only has a rear brake trails can get pretty sketchy. Had a very close call on Monday while riding in Devon. Oh well. Maybe today I will get the call that my bike is ready.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline bikingmike

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 FXT
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 04:18:29 pm »
It has been a sad two weeks for me. I have only been out twice. Partly due to going on vacation for 5 days and party due to the rear shock on my Trance deciding to blow the seals and is currently still with Fox for a rebuild. Hopefully it will be back soon. Sent it out Monday last week. Right now i have my P2 to ride but since it only has a rear brake trails can get pretty sketchy. Had a very close call on Monday while riding in Devon. Oh well. Maybe today I will get the call that my bike is ready.
yea a blown rear shock can be a real PITA, my manitou 4 way internals have been blown for the whole season so far. but because it is a coil/air it hasn't been too big of a problem (once you get used to having no rebound control), riding the trails on a hard tail will surely get you riding smoother though! once you get back on the trance you will be shredding!
1991 turbo legacy- sold to Jer
2004-forester XT-new baby

Offline WGN 2NV

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: stage 2 07 wrx wagon
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 05:20:08 pm »
I'm not nearly as hard core as most of you are, but I'm going out for my first ride this year, staying in and around kinsman park.

Offline Dutchy

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2015 Camaro SS 1le
2012 WSC ride thread
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »
Did my first real ride last weekend. Went to Vancouver for the weekend and hit a few of the north shore trails. They are pretty intense. Kinda excited for when I go back in august.

Offline megapark

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2010 Hyundai Elantra
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 09:41:09 pm »
I only watched the first vid, and the entire time I was thinking to myself "that looks familiar" until I saw where you got holed up and had to walk it, that's when I knew you were at 99 and Sask Dr. I get screwed at that same spot every time!!

Terwilligar Dog park has some great trails in there too, prolly going there thursday night.