Author Topic: Tremor's 2003 WRX Build - Coilovers installed  (Read 9580 times)

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2013 STI
Re: Tremor's 2003 WRX Build
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2013, 10:42:56 pm »
I really like your tow hooks, where can I order a set?
I just got these ones off ebay, but a buddy of mine has ones that are almost identical and he ordered through Performance Plus. I haven't h ad a chance to install the front one, but the back one I had to get longer bolts for it to work correctly.

Offline Graham

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2007 WRX Stage 2
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 08:21:32 pm »
I just got these ones off ebay, but a buddy of mine has ones that are almost identical and he ordered through Performance Plus. I haven't h ad a chance to install the front one, but the back one I had to get longer bolts for it to work correctly.
Thanks!

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:47 pm »
AccessPort installed, Stage 1 tune flashed! Can't believe how big of a difference that makes!

Offline Gargoyle

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: soul crushingly stock 2010 WRX
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 02:10:59 pm »
Why didn't you just go to a tuner and get a dyno tune? Is there none near you? Or did you prefer options the accessport gave you?

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 02:13:03 pm »
Why didn't you just go to a tuner and get a dyno tune? Is there none near you? Or did you prefer options the accessport gave you?
Prefer the options and also the closest tuner is Airboy. Not really close by for me. No one in saskatoon has an AWD dyno

Offline Gargoyle

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »
Yeah that sucks, I got a custom tune from airboy for about the cost of a brand new accessport, the custom tune sounded better, sure I can't change it, but it's also perfect for my set up so why would I want to?

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
Re: Tremor's 2003 WRX Build - now WINGLESS!
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 06:51:59 pm »
Sooo I had some fun when I got off work this afternoon.

This happened :

And this :

Also tinted my side markers :

and did this today!
:

Anybody know where to get those black plugs that most people use to fill the holes as a temp? I just taped em for now, gotta call subaru and see if they even stock Sonic Yellow paint pens.
and will picking these up and some white plastidip on Friday, to be put on at the end of the month for the Dodologic Defrost 2013 meet :D

Offline Gargoyle

• Beards Comin in Nice
Re: Tremor's 2003 WRX Build - Now with less wing..
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 05:43:09 pm »
I want some plugs for mine too, let me know where you find them :-)

Offline S Q U I N Y

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 95' RWD GC8 and 14' TRD Tacoma
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2013, 10:40:17 pm »
I had some on my old GC8. Bought them from Canadian Tire in their "help" section of autoparts. They're called Vacuum Caps I think.

Hope this helps.

Good looking yellow bugeye btw! Especially loving the wingless look but I'm bias.
Haters 'R' Us
Twitter: LaskiKC
Edmonton Austrailian Rules Football Club

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 09:28:29 pm »
Did the intake silencer delete mod today, along with swapping my coil packs and putting in new spark plugs to try and solve my misfire. Still no luck. Don't really want to do injectors.

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 03:43:00 pm »
Had some fun at Dodologics Defrost 2013 meet yesterday in Regina! Decided I should get the bugs off the scoob and do something fun today.. So took a few pics..

and decided that since the back is already debadged, might as well finish off the rest of the car, hellas are on order also :)

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2013, 08:35:31 pm »
Stage 2 :)

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2013, 10:19:39 pm »
Haven't had an update in awhile but catback went in tonight with help from a good buddy. Fog overlays will be going on as soon as I get this god damn cast off my arm! Pics to come!

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2013, 10:22:53 pm »
Finally got my casts off and wrists in working order, in the last month I got my yellow fog overlays, scoobies for boobies decal, and catback exhaust all installed. Here a few crappy photos I took tonight, need to work on my camera skills. Any and all helpful hints are welcome!

10 by carterclackson, on Flickr

6 by carterclackson, on Flickr

Scoobies For Boobies by carterclackson, on Flickr

4 by carterclackson, on Flickr

2 by carterclackson, on Flickr
Edit : Thanks munky

Offline Munky

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '06 WRX
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2013, 07:03:37 am »
Pictures don't work? I'm new to flickr, anyone know why?

You need to go through the share menu (Square button with a curved arrow) on the bottom right and get the HTML/BBCode. Make sure the BBCode option is selected.

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2013, 11:22:43 pm »
Couple of updates here!
Decided to do the trunk in black Plastidip and I think it actually looks very good with the theme I'm going for.
Also put on my OddManOut sticker that I got from a very generous subaru owner during cruise weekend!

null_zps7fb795c7 by carterclackson, on Flickr
As well as tonight I fixed the way my hellas mount, and blacked out my headlights!(yes I know the hellas aren't both sitting level, I fixed it right after the photo)

null_zps38f5f1fd by carterclackson, on Flickr

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Credit to GrantC for profile pic
  • Ride: 2004 WRX Wagon - ej207 v7 swap, 1993 Honda Civic Si
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2013, 10:57:51 am »
Looks good.

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2013, 08:28:49 pm »
So a few of you(saskatoon guys) will know that I had an STi spoiler and a relatively loud exhaust. As of today I was basically forced to pull the wing off and put a silencer in the exhaust.
The backstory :
Saskatoon Police in the last year haven't exactly been fair to modified cars. I've been pulled over a number of times(since adding the spoiler, that number increased tenfold), in these times I've been told my exhaust was too loud and my camber(don't have any) was out of spec on my rear wheels. I've fought these tickets all off with great success but I'm tired of getting pulled over for no reason at all and tired of having to deal with the cops. And so I've decided to pull the wing and silence the exhaust. Hopefully this makes a difference as they have no good reason to pull me over in the first place now.

Offline Slotato

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2003 S2000, 1998 Civic
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »
That sucks, It's definitely been a hard summer with the SPS (a few officers in particular) I can't believe how much crap they're ticketing. Luckily I haven't had any trouble and hopefully don't next summer either, But my friend was the first to get pulled over for "excess camber" having had an alignment a couple weeks before that (all in spec).
Any plans for a different spoiler, maybe a lip spoiler or something? What exhaust do you have right now?

Birds Hit: 4

Offline KennyB

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05 STi
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2013, 11:38:52 pm »
No spoiler=less attention=less chance of getting pulled over=less tickets. Take it from me first hand lol, I went form getting pulled over almost routinely and bothered about my exhaust, to getting pulled over twice in 2 years with no wing and neither of those times my exhaust or anything else on the car was even mentioned. Even tho my car doesn't exactly blend in I think that the fact I don't have a melon launcher, front tint or wing which are usually the first thee things a cop will look at kind of saves me from drawing as much negative attention.

Offline purdy

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 06 WRX SGM 2
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2013, 01:15:49 am »
So a few of you(saskatoon guys) will know that I had an STi spoiler and a relatively loud exhaust. As of today I was basically forced to pull the wing off and put a silencer in the exhaust.
The backstory :
Saskatoon Police in the last year haven't exactly been fair to modified cars. I've been pulled over a number of times(since adding the spoiler, that number increased tenfold), in these times I've been told my exhaust was too loud and my camber(don't have any) was out of spec on my rear wheels. I've fought these tickets all off with great success but I'm tired of getting pulled over for no reason at all and tired of having to deal with the cops. And so I've decided to pull the wing and silence the exhaust. Hopefully this makes a difference as they have no good reason to pull me over in the first place now.

So you were ticketed for your exhaust? How'd you fight that?
-Adam

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:28 am »
That sucks, It's definitely been a hard summer with the SPS (a few officers in particular) I can't believe how much crap they're ticketing. Luckily I haven't had any trouble and hopefully don't next summer either, But my friend was the first to get pulled over for "excess camber" having had an alignment a couple weeks before that (all in spec).
Any plans for a different spoiler, maybe a lip spoiler or something? What exhaust do you have right now?
Right now I've got an older Apexi N1(pretty damn loud without the silencer), as of right now I don't have  a plan other than getting the holes welded shut and painting the trunk. I've been looking at getting a Blacktop Aero CF Type M lip spoiler, but for now I enjoy the way it looks with just the rear window visor.

So you were ticketed for your exhaust? How'd you fight that?

Most of them have been "Fix it" tickets, where you go to the police station, rev it a couple times and the lady at the front desk rips up the ticket and tells you to be on your way. The one I got that was actually an exhaust ticket, I went to traffic court, since the cop didn't show up and I think that particular judge was tired of dealing with his itshay so he just got rid of my ticket as well.

I'm with you Kenny, heat score is too high with the wing..

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 10:22:35 am »
So it has been awhile since I've posted anything in here. The only thing I did over the winter was install an AMR Hard Turbo Inlet(because mine had a gaping hole in it) around Christmas.

and just a few days ago I installed the Coilovers that I purchased sometime in early march. This is how the car sits right now as I decide what kind of wheels I want to buy. Looking at something in the same styling as BBS RS or BBS LM but having a very hard time deciding.

Getting an alignment done this week but I have a feeling I'm going to need some camber bolts for the rear judging by how they sit right now.

Another thing I did was paint my Hellas black as I hated the way the white looked on the front.

If anyone is selling a stock 02-03 grille let me know, I need a new one as I trashed mine trying to get rid of the emblem and now I realize it looks terrible!

Offline chico_kj_23

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1993 WRX, 2011 G37X, 2018 4Runner
Re: Tremor's 2003 WRX Build - Coilovers installed
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 01:54:19 pm »
Maybe look into getting a 02-03 STi grill for it? I think they really make the front of a bugeye pop. Nice car otherwise!

Also, I can't believe they bother giving people camber tickets...bloody ridiculous.

Offline Tremor

• Patchy Faced
Re: Tremor's 2003 WRX Build - Coilovers installed
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 05:42:11 pm »
Maybe look into getting a 02-03 STi grill for it? I think they really make the front of a bugeye pop. Nice car otherwise!

Also, I can't believe they bother giving people camber tickets...bloody ridiculous.
I'd love an STI grille, its just not in the cards this summer. I need Wheels + Tires, Front lip, Diffuser and Brake Ducts before upgrade my grille. Just hoping I'll find one cheapish maybe at a wrecker or something. Thanks man!