Author Topic: Douchebag season has begun  (Read 50056 times)

Offline cha0tik

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '14 IS350 F-Sport | 2003 S2000
Re: Douchebag season has begun
« Reply #525 on: June 18, 2016, 08:00:06 AM »
I don't think the issue is so much having to wait and give the bus the right of way, so much as busses driving very aggressively in general and pushing people out of lanes with no warning.

This very thing happens by my house in Edmonton almost daily, since I live close to a Transit Centre. I have no problem letting a bus in, if they're signalling and trying to merge. What I do have a problem with is when bus drivers just start drifting into my lane without signalling, acting like they're the only ones on the road. They do have the right of way, but they're also expected to obey traffic laws like the rest of us.
My 2016 Subaru WRX

To err is human, to arr is pirate.

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #526 on: June 18, 2016, 11:29:42 AM »
I see exponentially more people who seem perfectly OK with driving endlessly beside someone, even in their blindspot, than I do buses drifting into lanes trying to sideswipe others.

I drive big trucks. I also have a bus license. Sometimes you have no choice but to signal and start moving or you'll never get over. Don't believe me? Then you haven't driven large vehicles in a city before.
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline cha0tik

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #527 on: June 18, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
I wasn't comparing one style of driving to another, or if a person drives big vehicles or not. My main point was that everyone with any kind of licence should abide by the rules of the road.

And in relation to my previous point, I was mostly pointing out when large vehicle drivers drive aggressively, without signalling. Just because they'd have no other opportunity to merge, for example, shouldn't be an excuse to put my safety at risk.
My 2016 Subaru WRX

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #528 on: June 20, 2016, 01:17:00 AM »
In a perfect scenario, you're 100% correct and I agree fully. Especially this part:

My main point was that everyone with any kind of licence should abide by the rules of the road.
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: Blue V8, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #529 on: September 17, 2016, 09:41:41 PM »
Things are usually mundane in the STI but in the last week, everyone and their mothers have been challenging me.  I've had Honda Civic's to Chrysler 200's, to Volvo SUV thing and back to a Honda- Odyssey either ride up my tail or egg me on for a race.

The deuce is going on. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline seat safety switch

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: 05 Saab 9-2X Linear
« Reply #530 on: September 18, 2016, 02:46:21 PM »
Things are usually mundane in the STI but in the last week, everyone and their mothers have been challenging me.  I've had Honda Civic's to Chrysler 200's, to Volvo SUV thing and back to a Honda- Odyssey either ride up my tail or egg me on for a race.

The deuce is going on.
Dads alone in minivans are pretty much some of the most aggressive drivers I have ever seen.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #531 on: September 18, 2016, 04:56:13 PM »
Dads alone in minivans are pretty much some of the most aggressive drivers I have ever seen.

I can't compete with those V6's you know?

Offline Unholysavage

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2008 DGM WRX STI
« Reply #532 on: September 18, 2016, 07:59:21 PM »
more cylinderz=more better
Hemi Dodge Ram owners become mentally uckfaying retarded when they see the "Ecoboost" emblem on the side of my f150. Far more of a PITA than anything I've dealt with in the STI
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Offline RockThePylon

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2016, 08:07:59 PM »
I have a very clear memory, from my early teens, riding with my friend in his mom's Ford Freestar.

Her exact words, "MOVE IT BUDDY, YOU GOT FOUR-POINT-TWO LITRES BARKING UP YOUR assay!"

Lesson:
Do not mess with middle-aged people driving minivans. They have nothing left to lose.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • seat safety switch
« Reply #534 on: September 18, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
I have a very clear memory, from my early teens, riding with my friend in his mom's Ford Freestar.

Her exact words, "MOVE IT BUDDY, YOU GOT FOUR-POINT-TWO LITRES BARKING UP YOUR assay!"

Lesson:
Do not mess with middle-aged people driving minivans. They have nothing left to lose.
If she was able to catch anything other than a cold when driving a Freestar with three people in it, the other driver should have their license taken away and executed on the roadside.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #535 on: September 18, 2016, 11:24:44 PM »
Lesson:

If she was able to catch anything other than a cold when driving a Freestar with three people in it, the other driver should have their license taken away and executed on the roadside.

How do you come up with this stuff?!  I can't stop laughing.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #536 on: November 21, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
I can't make this itshay up.

SUV is waiting to turn left onto a 2-lane road. A car approaches to turn right onto the same 2-lane road.
 SUV proceeds to honk at the car, uninterrupted, until the car comes to a stop so the SUV can turn left into the right lane of the 2-lane road.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline cha0tik

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #537 on: November 22, 2016, 10:49:16 AM »
Encountered an asshat in a white Focus RS the other day, driving erratically on 178 St, near Subaru City.
Yeah, I get it, your car is fast. But you don't have to zig-zag through traffic, dangerously cutting people off, just to turn right and park your car in the driveway.
My 2016 Subaru WRX

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #538 on: November 22, 2016, 11:14:27 AM »
Merging onto Henday North from Stoney Plain, I am in a string of 3 cars, being the last one I am the first to signal our intent to merge onto Henday.
My signal is on for most of the on ramp and is painfully obvious to traffic on the Henday.
Shoulder check, lane is clear...
Shoulder check just as I am about to hit the dashed lines where I can begin merging after the two cars immediately ahead of me are merging and suddenly a BIG uckfaying oucheday BAG in his Ford SUV comes flying up and takes my spot while simultaneously slamming on his brakes to avoid hitting the car ahead of me. To quote the "Champ" radio personality from the Canadian Brewhouse commercials, I snap and loose my itshay, merge directly behind this uckfay wad and flip on the HIGH BEAMS. I then revert back to low beams, drop a gear and pull up along side this idiot with a full on Middle Finger to Yo uckfaying Face out the passenger window and hold this position for 1km just to ensure that he did receive at least one indication I had made. Then proceed along my way to work unperturbed.

In retrospect I could have kept my cool but I am soo sick and tired of these uckfaying people who have zero consideration for the other vehicles on the road and drive by the mentality of I'M FIRST and the complete and utter lack of knowledge about how to merge.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #539 on: November 22, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
That sounds more like a "I'm third" mentality.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #540 on: November 22, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
That sounds more like a "I'm third" mentality.

:sarcasm: well played.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #541 on: November 22, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
But seriously, if it was a "me first" mentality, he likely would've moved to the left lane and gone around everyone. More than likely, you didn't see him, he was treating it like a merge, and rightfully should have ended up in the middle of the group, rather than the back.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline SpdDmn

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: MY08 SG9 FXT
« Reply #542 on: November 22, 2016, 11:51:31 AM »

SUV is waiting to turn left onto a 2-lane road. A car approaches to turn right onto the same 2-lane road.
 SUV proceeds to honk at the car, uninterrupted, until the car comes to a stop so the SUV can turn left into the right lane of the 2-lane road.

*murderous rage*

I feel like this is 200% more prevalent out west. But maybe I'm getting old(er) and cranky(ier).

Whoops, thought this was the Pet Peeve thread.
Rachel M.
2008 WRB Forester XT Sports Ltd  [Build
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2007 OBP Forester XT [Journal] [RIP]  |  2002 Aspen White WRX  [ST2 167] [RIP]
2006 Kawasaki EX250 [Sold]  |  2007 Honda CBR600 RR [Sold]  |  2015 KTM RC390

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #543 on: November 22, 2016, 12:00:00 PM »
But seriously, if it was a "me first" mentality, he likely would've moved to the left lane and gone around everyone. More than likely, you didn't see him, he was treating it like a merge, and rightfully should have ended up in the middle of the group, rather than the back.

Well two shoulder checks + a long assay time of signalling to merge + his urgent braking to avoid hitting the car ahead of me somehow does not compute into "Capable Driver" or "Courteous Driver". More likely he had just cut into the right lane while travelling faster than traffic in that lane and then not realizing that traffic was actually merging right there.
Still warrants a uckfay YOU sholeasay in my books.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #544 on: November 22, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
*murderous rage*

I feel like this is 200% more prevalent out west. But maybe I'm getting old(er) and cranky(ier).

Whoops, thought this was the Pet Peeve thread.

It's terrible out here. My mother in-law does it constantly, and it drives me insane. I've heard rumours (with no source) that they've considered following Quebec's footsteps to make right turns on red illegal.

Well two shoulder checks + a long assay time of signalling to merge + his urgent braking to avoid hitting the car ahead of me somehow does not compute into "Capable Driver" or "Courteous Driver". More likely he had just cut into the right lane while travelling faster than traffic in that lane and then not realizing that traffic was actually merging right there.
Still warrants a uckfay YOU sholeasay in my books.

Sounds more like the guys up front of you were merging under the limit, and cut the dude off. I've been in that dudes position. You're cruising along in the right lane, some people merge in, under the limit, and all of a sudden you're in the middle of a group. Don't get me wrong he should've moved over to clear up space, but I'd say it's not 100% his fault, or yours.

Offline Canuckrz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #545 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:12 PM »
I've heard rumours (with no source) that they've considered following Quebec's footsteps to make right turns on red illegal.
That's not law in all of Quebec, just Montreal island.

Offline bigdl

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 09 2.5i Hatch
« Reply #546 on: November 22, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »

Turning into Hawkwood from Country Hills Blvd, this happens all the time.
Independent AMSOIL Dealer

Online Store

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • seat safety switch
« Reply #547 on: November 22, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »

Euthanize this person on the roadside and sell the SUV to benefit charity.

Offline SingallZ

• beards comin in nice
  • Meh...
  • Ride: Cayman GTS and 72 Beetle
« Reply #548 on: November 22, 2016, 11:52:10 PM »

This is my every day since moving to Alberta... maybe its not taught in drivers-ed or part of the road-test/learners permit here  :-\, but its uckfaying annoying.

Offline Cbxj

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: assorted Subarus with scoops, & a tiller, the 2 wheeled kind
« Reply #549 on: November 23, 2016, 07:31:35 PM »
about turning into the correct lane......

A couple weeks ago my wife was taking a defensive drive course.. (for work)

during the driving portion:

Instructor:
"Make a left here" (on to a multi- lane road).
" then make a right at the end of the block:
Wife
"OK" (proceeds to turn into correct lane)

Instructor:
" no.. wrong lane, you need to make a right, so turn into the curb lane"

Wife
" No, that would be a California lane change, I'm turning into the correct lane, then I will change lanes"
(im not sure of the actual definition of "California lane change", but it's what we call it in our house)

Instructor :
"...silence"...

after about 3 minutes of silence...
instructor: "your right, about that turning into lanes... I have to brush up my skills"
red face...