Author Topic: Douchebag season has begun  (Read 52573 times)

Offline seat safety switch

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: 05 Saab 9-2X Linear with tiny engine
Re: Douchebag season has begun
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
RE: "rolling coal" EDGE performance, one of the companies that make the programers for the diesel trucks just got a itshay load of fines thrown their way by EPA in the States due to the heavy smoking tunes. Alberta DOT is starting to target these guys as well for emission system tampering, with fines up to $25000 for a combination of EGR and DPF delete kits, and "off road use only" tunes. Just got this news last week at a seminar I sat in that was put on by Cummins.  ;D
That's good news; it's not only obnoxious but plainly dangerous. I'm surprised the Alberta government is the one enforcing emissions compliance as opposed to the feds. Maybe next they'll actually enforce the mudflap laws.

AWDFTW

« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »
That's good news; it's not only obnoxious but plainly dangerous. I'm surprised the Alberta government is the one enforcing emissions compliance as opposed to the feds. Maybe next they'll actually enforce the mudflap laws.

I know someone who got pulled over for mudflaps. He is from BC. AFAIK BC doesn't have mudflap laws but he was pulled over in Alberta and got fined.

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • seat safety switch
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »
I know someone who got pulled over for mudflaps. He is from BC. AFAIK BC doesn't have mudflap laws but he was pulled over in Alberta and got fined.
Give that cop a medal.

Offline h0ax

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2012 STi Plasma Blue
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »
Urban Dictionaries second definition of Rolling Coal made me laugh.

Rollin' Coal

When stupid-assay white trash people turn the injection pump up on rickety-assay broken down 12V Cummins-powered Dodges and subsequently install 5" smokestacks in the bed of said Dodge. Then said WT decides to post youtube videos of their truck blanketing neighborhoods with black diesel soot.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Offline vince

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 07 STi
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »
Urban Dictionaries second definition of Rolling Coal made me laugh.

Rollin' Coal

When stupid-assay white trash people turn the injection pump up on rickety-assay broken down 12V Cummins-powered Dodges and subsequently install 5" smokestacks in the bed of said Dodge. Then said WT decides to post youtube videos of their truck blanketing neighborhoods with black diesel soot.

Rolling coal is very controllable by the driver. My truck can roll coal if I want it to. Locked up I can black out Nose Hill Drive bottom to top if I want, but I am proud to say that I do not purposely drive around looking to smoke people out.

Offline h0ax

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
Rolling coal is very controllable by the driver. My truck can roll coal if I want it to. Locked up I can black out Nose Hill Drive top to bottom if I want, but I am proud to say that I do not purposely drive around looking to smoke people out.

See and that's a nice thing to do...lol.  I personally don't care what people decided to do I just thought the definition was good for a laugh, Christ I lived overseas for 14 years and I think every vehicle was "rolling coal" in one form or another.....as in the were pos and burning oil.  I am so used to that cloud of smoke it doesn't even phase me....which probably isn't a good thing now that I think about it.  ???
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
This one was more funny and pathetic than anything else. Heading into Westhills for a post-MIB3 pint, a white Honda Accord decided he was going to show me his tower of power by driving like a bat out of hell at every light. He must have thought it was Tokyo time.
Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline vince

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 07 STi
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2012, 02:21:31 AM »
This one was more funny and pathetic than anything else. Heading into Westhills for a post-MIB3 pint, a white Honda Accord decided he was going to show me his tower of power by driving like a bat out of hell at every light. He must have thought it was Tokyo time.

Had some broad in a burgundy Accord try it with me too on Crowchild earlier tonight lollll

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2012, 08:14:19 AM »
Last night while driving to Husky for the routine Thursday night fill up (I got 320km this tank on 94?!!! woohoo!)
I encountered more douchebaggery than I had ever encountered prior in my life.

I seriously found myself in the middle of about 4 cars, each car with a male driver and female passenger. We had a chevy cobalt, some other chevy "suv" similar to a cobalt, a
old accord and a white neon. I literally was stuck in the middle of their itshay-storm mess. Words cannot explain. All that can be said, is I'm glad I was turning off Country Hills, and as I turned off
I watched the 4 of them, literally it looked like sychronized dancing, continue to weave in and out ahead of me.

Just then as I watched, 2 more oucheday's, not ONE but TWO Mustang's RIPPED past me in the turning lane, one silver and one baby blue, to meet up with the brake lights of every not even 50 meters ahead.

Offline J-Rod

• Stubbly Faced
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy, 2004 Legacy, 2001 Fozzie, 1986 Eagle
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
That's one of the reasons I got myself a go pro camera for the dash.   

Usually I own fairly un-quick cars, (Bronco II, Grand Am, AMC Eagle, and now the Subaru Legacy 2.5i) but regardless of what I own, people are determined to wanna race with me, or show me how fast their own cars are (grow up Pul-ease!).

One I really remember was coming up 17th ave SW, and once we got west of 14th, this nut in a Firefly Turbo (no idea those existed) went screaming in and outta traffic at hi-speed.  he was really moving.  I was doing about 55kms up that hill (typical spot for photo radar) and he went by me like I was waiting for the bus.

Now, I get into the car, put the camera in it's holder, press record, and head out to my 'Point B'. 

I think once I collect enough bad drivers stunts, it should make for a pretty good video...
My other car is an AMC '86 Eagle.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
This one was more scary than anything else. Driving home on 22 this evening, some person in a red sedan (no idea what the car is called) decided he/she absolutely had to stay behind me. Yes, behind me. He/she forced opposing traffic to drive on the shoulder to accomplish this goal.

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »
This one was more scary than anything else. Driving home on 22 this evening, some person in a red sedan (no idea what the car is called) decided he/she absolutely had to stay behind me. Yes, behind me. He/she forced opposing traffic to drive on the shoulder to accomplish this goal.

As in... would pass at the same time you would pass, whether or not save for him/her to do so?

Highway 22 is a terrible road.
Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »
Yes, I'd pass a car with plenty of time to do it, he'd try to pass the same car but took 3 times as long and did so unsafely.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »
That's nuts, probably tops as the worst experience in this thread!
Could end in such a huge amount of fatalaties.

Head on two cars, then every car behind on both sides would just plow into a massive graveyard.

Offline rpm

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 10 Speed Bicycle
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2012, 11:21:40 PM »
In the twisties this side of Valemount coming to Alberta, semi passing a semi when unsafe to do so at 4am. We had to take the shoulder or wouldn't be here right now. Yes the entire semi was in our lane. That is a douchebag.

Offline Atkins

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 04' WRX STi
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »
In the twisties this side of Valemount coming to Alberta, semi passing a semi when unsafe to do so at 4am. We had to take the shoulder or wouldn't be here right now. Yes the entire semi was in our lane. That is a douchebag.

id probably turn around and start spamming that number on the back of the truck ' How is my driving? '
Quote from: quadracer111 on March 22, 2012, 10:50:25 PM

WSC members: Throwing stones from their glass houses since 2008.

Offline rpm

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 10 Speed Bicycle
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2012, 01:58:54 AM »
It was one of those times where you don't have time to think, only react. Ten seconds later your heart is jumping out of your chest and you feel weak.

Offline AES

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: '07 STI
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »

I've had this happen to me as well.  Stupid Yaris...  Thank god for good breaks and a responsive car.   
Since buying my STi, I've had more close calls than I ever have...just because it attracts more attention on the road??  I was run off the road by 3 hammered guys in a taxi van.  Everyone was telling me "you should have done..." "why didn't you...".  I was just thankful to still have my life and my car in one piece!

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • seat safety switch
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
This happened to me in Montana when I was limping home a donut spare. It's a good thing their shoulders are huge over there.

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »
If you're driving a car that can't out accelerate the school bus beside you, the left lane on the highway probably isn't a good place to sit, especially when there's a long line forming behind you. Driving on the highway today is like watching two mentally retarded monkeys fight over who gets to hump the door knob first while you're waiting to open the door: excruciating.

Offline h0ax

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
If you're driving a car that can't out accelerate the school bus beside you, the left lane on the highway probably isn't a good place to sit, especially when there's a long line forming behind you. Driving on the highway today is like watching two mentally retarded monkeys fight over who gets to hump the door knob first while you're waiting to open the door: excruciating.

Hahaha that has to be currently one of the best descriptions of deerfoot I have read this year.

jaymzee

« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2012, 08:51:33 AM »
On my way home from work yesterday, some jerk in a green cevy pick up tried to cut me off from the right turning lane. Then after not being able to pass me started to push me into the on coming lane.
I ended up speeding passed him. Only to have him lay on the horn at me and "try" to follow me home.

Offline Vtec1

• Inarguably bearded
  • Patchy Faced
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2012
  • Ride: 13' Glk 350
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2012, 11:10:25 AM »
That's one of the reasons I got myself a go pro camera for the dash.   

Usually I own fairly un-quick cars, (Bronco II, Grand Am, AMC Eagle, and now the Subaru Legacy 2.5i) but regardless of what I own, people are determined to wanna race with me, or show me how fast their own cars are (grow up Pul-ease!).

One I really remember was coming up 17th ave SW, and once we got west of 14th, this nut in a Firefly Turbo (no idea those existed) went screaming in and outta traffic at hi-speed.  he was really moving.  I was doing about 55kms up that hill (typical spot for photo radar) and he went by me like I was waiting for the bus.

Now, I get into the car, put the camera in it's holder, press record, and head out to my 'Point B'. 

I think once I collect enough bad drivers stunts, it should make for a pretty good video...

Thats what I have been doing for the past months.  except mine is a cheap ebay brand dash/helmet cam.
But it does it's job of recording other people's screw ups and I May consider editing it for a youtube video... haha
Money In the Bank, Pimpin' Ain't Easy.

Offline J-Rod

• Stubbly Faced
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy, 2004 Legacy, 2001 Fozzie, 1986 Eagle
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
Thats what I have been doing for the past months.  except mine is a cheap ebay brand dash/helmet cam.
But it does it's job of recording other people's screw ups and I May consider editing it for a youtube video... haha

Hey, that's cool.  I feel any dash cam is catching the oucheday bags doing dangerous things, is a good thing.   

Yup, that's what I'm doing... every dangerous driver I get on video is gonna get edited into one video on you tube.  What I do is right after the camera records the action, I stop recording, and then restart it.  That way, if there's a few sightings, all I have to do is check the end of each video.

Makes it easier for deleting, editing and for finding those key moments.
My other car is an AMC '86 Eagle.

Offline Vtec1

• Inarguably bearded
  • Patchy Faced
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2012
  • Ride: 13' Glk 350
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »
Hey, that's cool.  I feel any dash cam is catching the oucheday bags doing dangerous things, is a good thing.   

Yup, that's what I'm doing... every dangerous driver I get on video is gonna get edited into one video on you tube.  What I do is right after the camera records the action, I stop recording, and then restart it.  That way, if there's a few sightings, all I have to do is check the end of each video.

Makes it easier for deleting, editing and for finding those key moments.

The purpose of that dash cam is a black box.

Not sure what you are implying there but you sure sound like you know more about me then my mom j-rod
Money In the Bank, Pimpin' Ain't Easy.