Author Topic: Douchebag season has begun  (Read 52564 times)

Offline poopeebum

• beards comin in nice
Re: Douchebag season has begun
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »
almost got sideswiped on calgary trail by finnesse over the weekend, some super oucheday in a white 335 coupe decides to change lanes when im right beside him, had to swerve and brake hard, so i pull beside him and roll down to window to yell at the guy, and he avoids all eye contact like nothing happend and exits to canadian tire.

then a few minutes later i turn off on to 34th ave and stop at a light. i see this beat up minivan with a new driver sign turn into the intersection at literally 5 km/h, and then in between the lanes blocking both lanes of traffic on and off the brakes. the light turns green for me and the fricken woman is still blocking both lanes and the van is now crooked with her stopped and inching forward wtf??? i just manages to drive by but she ended up blocking a bunch of people behind me. woman was by herself. how are these people allowed to get their licenses??!!??
2005 WRX Wagon with Saab bodykit

Offline megapark

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2010 Hyundai Elantra
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2012, 10:51:55 PM »
almost got sideswiped on calgary trail by finnesse over the weekend, some super oucheday in a white 335 coupe decides to change lanes when im right beside him, had to swerve and brake hard, so i pull beside him and roll down to window to yell at the guy, and he avoids all eye contact like nothing happend and exits to canadian tire.

That was you?!?!? I saw the whole thing happen on my way to CT. I DID end up giving that guy hell over it as I was behind you guys in my SUV and had to slam my brakes too! Glad to see you're a responsive driver and nothing did happen though.

Offline poopeebum

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2012, 08:42:45 AM »
That was you?!?!? I saw the whole thing happen on my way to CT. I DID end up giving that guy hell over it as I was behind you guys in my SUV and had to slam my brakes too! Glad to see you're a responsive driver and nothing did happen though.

nice! i woulda liked to see the look on his face haha, sorry about the brake slamming

Offline mudferret

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: MMVI WRX
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
Hey poopeebum, welcome to Calgary!  :o

Offline seat safety switch

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: 05 Saab 9-2X Linear with tiny engine
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »
Hey poopeebum, welcome to Calgary!  :o
No, they just call it Calgary Trail because it's a shining beacon for all of Edmonton to look towards to figure out what city they must become.

It's like how we have an Edmonton Trail that's laced with potholes, blocked by construction and is the site of at least two murders a year.

That said, sometimes Edmontonians (who I admit are the better drivers) get confused and think they are Calgarians and drive like it.

Offline mudferret

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
Reading fail on my part, but Mike has a good point, perhaps Calgary Trail is a 'lil piece of Calgary in Edmonton.

Offline megapark

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »
nice! i woulda liked to see the look on his face haha, sorry about the brake slamming
don't worry about that. Vue's are over sized sports cars. thing stops better than 90% of cars on the road here. Mainly just happy to see others who are observant of their surroundings.

Offline J-Rod

• Stubbly Faced
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy, 2004 Legacy, 2001 Fozzie, 1986 Eagle
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »
today, a young, skinny idiot in a huge 4x4 truck (black) cut across my lane (over 20 feet) and damm near hit me while I was almost at the T intersection.  When he cut the corner, his tire almost crossed the white line on my right.

And he starts yelling at me... wtf is wrong with people here?  Is it redneck's driving right that if they're doing something stupid or dangerous, by yelling at the other driver, that makes it ok?

There is some really stupid people out there...
My other car is an AMC '86 Eagle.

Offline megapark

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »
got tailgated yesterday to the point of "hi, I may be in an SUV, but you're in this massive truck and I can't see your headlights in ANY of my 3 rear view mirrors" when I did have to hit my brakes coming up to a red light, he nearly rear-ended me, so I got out holding as many different items as I could (I work in a steel shop, taking home a 5 ft long pipe for a project I had, he stopped yelling pretty quick.

Offline Jessica

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 12 FXT
« Reply #184 on: September 08, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »
Argh. To the driver in the orange ford edge, plate cys 053 If wants to be let in, please don't pull up beside me, start to signal and them rage at me when I don't see your signal... BECAUSE YOU'RE PULLED UP PARALLEL TO ME. freaking idiot and shame on you for behaving like this while your young grand daughter is in the car with you.

Offline Claw

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | 06S2k
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2012, 11:17:51 AM »
Black Mustang GT plate M19467, we all know how big a oucheday you are so you don't need to prove it by using turning lanes to pass and rocketing off in a 50 zone at 80 (estimated).  Should've bought a 'vette instead.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline poopeebum

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »
Argh. To the driver in the orange ford edge, plate cys 053 If wants to be let in, please don't pull up beside me, start to signal and them rage at me when I don't see your signal... BECAUSE YOU'RE PULLED UP PARALLEL TO ME. freaking idiot and shame on you for behaving like this while your young grand daughter is in the car with you.

haha i hate it when people do this too, why do they pull up right beside you and expect you to let them in, at least get ahead of me before trying to switch in, but dont expect me to let you in cause sometimes im a oucheday too LOL

AWDFTW

« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2012, 08:25:59 AM »
Black Mustang GT plate M19467, we all know how big a oucheday you are so you don't need to prove it by using turning lanes to pass and rocketing off in a 50 zone at 80 (estimated).  Should've bought a 'vette instead.

Sounds like a dealer plate. Wonder if it was the seller or the test driver? Lone occupant? Hahaha...

Offline Munky

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '06 WRX
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
Dear people with over sized travel trailers,

Please buy Cabins so I don't have to deal with your monstrosities of trailers on the highways between kamloops and calgary/edmonton.

Thank you,
The guy actually following rules of the road.

Just so you,  this weekend I left from Kamloops on Hwy 1 to 22 to 27 to 2 to 595 to delburne. then 21 to 14 to sherwood park and then hendey to 16 to 5 back to kamloops.  GOD DAMN TRAVEL TRAILERS!
http://goo.gl/maps/IqaJj

Offline rwolf

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 09 IS250 Rowing Edition
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Ugh watch out for a black guy, in a Lowered Dark Grey Integra, he cut me off to get in front of a double turn lane, then proceded too speed off weaving and out of rush hour deerfoot traffic...

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2012, 12:50:22 AM »
Hmm... oddly enough, I don't get much douchebaggery when I drive my car.  It sure gives vandals a hard-on when I'm not looking though.

But I was driving my wife's Suzuki Aerio the other day.  Was stopped at a red light.  When it turned green, the fellows beside me peeled out; spinning tires and all.  I was startled and looked over, and they were staring at me waiting for a reaction.  I hope I didn't give them one. 

They took off in an Hyundai Elantra. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • seat safety switch
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »
I'm sure every male teenage driver can tell you that they have a constantly updating list of what their crapcan can whomp on in a drag race in mind.

Pretty sure an Aerio could put the hurt on an Elantra though. That thing is pretty light.

Offline megapark

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »
I'm sure every male teenage driver can tell you that they have a constantly updating list of what their crapcan can whomp on in a drag race in mind.

Pretty sure an Aerio could put the hurt on an Elantra though. That thing is pretty light.

new Elantra's are pretty light too, and have 145 hp stock. get the manual trans on one of those and they pull pretty good.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »
I find that no one really wants to race me in my car, or when I'm on my bike. Maybe it's because I drive like a grandma.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline mudferret

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
I find that no one really wants to race me in my car, or when I'm on my bike. Maybe it's because I drive like a grandma.

I never accelerate away from an intersection like an asshat, but if I'm first in line and there's someone beside me I take off like a granny to ensure no one thinks I'm trying to race them.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2012, 12:27:18 AM »

Yup! Haha!

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2012, 12:35:04 AM »
I never accelerate away from an intersection like an asshat, but if I'm first in line and there's someone beside me I take off like a granny to ensure no one thinks I'm trying to race them.

Even pulling away normally is "lazier" than anyone in an auto... No one could ever mistake me racing them.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

AWDFTW

« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2012, 10:01:22 AM »
I always accelerate quickly to the speed limit to break away from the pack. Seems like otherwise it's, "here let me pace your blind spot ..."

If they think i wanna race, fine. I'll watch them go flying past me as i hit the middle of second and slow down....

Offline mudferret

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »
Even pulling away normally is "lazier" than anyone in an auto... No one could ever mistake me racing them.

One of these days I'm going to launch (with launch control) no matter who's beside me.  Even if it's a police car.  O0

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • seat safety switch
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »
Seems like whenever I see yellow headlights in my rear view mirror it's only a matter of a few seconds before I get to watch a fartcan whip past me and almost rear-end whatever is in front of me. This time it was an EF Civic that decided he really wanted to make love to a dually Ram on Deerfoot while racing his buddies in Integras and base-model Mercedes.

Loud as hell though. I wanted to watch him get blown across the highway just to stop listening to that thing pop when he jerked his foot off the gas.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dot-creates-new-lane-for-reckless-drivers,2405/?ref=auto