Author Topic: Egypt Trip  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Silence

• Stubbly Faced
Egypt Trip
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:46:37 am »
I had an amazing time while I was there, from seeing the pyramids and climbing on them to snorkeling in the Red Sea. Just seeing all the history and being able to be up close and personal to things like the Pyramids, the Temple Karnak, Valley of the Kings etc is simply breath taking. I spent 3 days in Cairo, 1 Day guided tour of Luxor, and the rest of my time was spent in a place called Sharm El-Sheikh. Sharm is mostly a resort style town, geared heavily towards tourism. From there we rented a car and did a few day trips up the coast, in the desert, snorkeling (pretty much second only to the Great Barrier Reef) & tons of shopping in the markets across towns. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend going there on a trip, I know I'll be going back for sure. Any questions you guys have, I'll be happy to answer!

I took just under 1,400 pictures and just chose a few to edit out of boredom and post here for a preview, the rest of the pics can be seen here.

Offline newyorkreload

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: Silver Bug-Eye Wagon
Re: Egypt Trip
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:58:56 am »
That's pretty boss. Did you go before or after their little civil unrest-over throwing the president deal?

Offline Silence

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:31:27 am »
That's pretty boss. Did you go before or after their little civil unrest-over throwing the president deal?

That happened last year in February and my parents had actually left Cairo the day before it started. Now their going to be having elections in June/July (iirc) to elect new a government leader, all candidates of which I've heard are good men according to the guy we booked our excursions through.

Offline Jim17

• Stubbly Faced
  • hiya
  • Ride: 94 Sub Loyale ,93 Sub Legacy LS (91 AstroAWD woodbuggy, 03SuzSuv,75SuzukiT500TitanBike,70'sCubCadet, IHLowBoy etc
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:31 am »
   Wouldant mind seeing Egypt since its where the Jews were set free to go to the promised land.  That is if it ever settle down over there. Cairo means the planet Mars I have heard.
   We did visit Eilat  for a few days- had a ball before we went north.  The Negev is fascinating.
shalom
Jim
Let us, then, be what we are; and speak what we think; and in all things
Keep ourselves loyal to truth, and the sacred professions of friendship. 
Of all that is unsound, beware!”
- Longfellow

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:29:42 am »
Sweet shots dude!