Author Topic: Why today sucks...  (Read 570954 times)

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Impretzel
Re: Why today sucks...
« Reply #10000 on: February 06, 2019, 09:57:29 AM »
Hey bud, sometimes ya just gotta go with the flow.

When Rathburn uses "flow" in a sentence he's thinking what goes up must come down:

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #10001 on: February 06, 2019, 10:05:18 AM »
uckfay. It's too early for this itshay.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #10002 on: February 06, 2019, 10:20:32 AM »
Here's to 10,000 days of suck :-X

Offline Rathburn

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Red Rockets
« Reply #10003 on: February 06, 2019, 10:29:48 AM »
uckfay. It's too early for this itshay.

It's never too early for a uckfay.

*Paging haplo90
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 350ZR, 2008 Infiniti EX35
« Reply #10004 on: February 06, 2019, 10:46:55 AM »
Go get your dick wet.
This gets my vote.

Offline darthekai

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2000 OBS EJ222 +MFT, KTM Duke 390, 1996 Ford E350 SD ambulance, 1990 4runner
« Reply #10005 on: February 06, 2019, 12:09:46 PM »
Here's to 10,000 days of suck :-X

Name of Rathburn's sex tape.
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru Ford (sold) Toyota

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10006 on: February 06, 2019, 12:39:41 PM »
^ 10/10

Offline Jukka

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: CORAL!, Toaster
« Reply #10007 on: February 06, 2019, 02:12:42 PM »
placed an order for some parts for a customer back on Jan 16th with a manufacturer over the phone and sent them a PO at the same time. They said the parts were expected to finish production on the 23rd, which wasn't a problem. Waited until the 30th for an invoice and tracking...didn't get either. Called them, they said that they have no record of my phone call or the PO I submitted. I gave them a bit of itshay for loosing the order which I confirmed 2 different ways. They say that they'll correct the order and have it shipped out that day and send me a tracking number. They also said they'll do something for us on the shipping to make up for this mistakes.

No such tracking number came through. Called them again today to figure out what the hell is going on. They put me on hold for 15 minutes while they make up the shipment paperwork with UPS, give me a tracking number that comes back to UPS saying "Awaiting Package information", then they tell me that the part I ordered is going to be back from anodizing in the next 1-2 hours and they'll ship it out then. Then he tells me that we should be expecting the parts in a weeks time. I asked what happened to helping us out with shipping? They say they are helping us by cutting the shipping down from $48 to $29.

So now my customer is pissed at me for giving him a 3rd timeline, he still doesn't have his parts, which he won't get until over a month after ordering them when originally they gave us a 2 week timeframe for delivery.

I can't stand it when companies give timelines and delivery dates that they just pull out of their assays.

Offline Rathburn

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #10008 on: February 06, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
placed an order for some parts for a customer back on Jan 16th with a manufacturer over the phone and sent them a PO at the same time. They said the parts were expected to finish production on the 23rd, which wasn't a problem. Waited until the 30th for an invoice and tracking...didn't get either. Called them, they said that they have no record of my phone call or the PO I submitted. I gave them a bit of itshay for loosing the order which I confirmed 2 different ways. They say that they'll correct the order and have it shipped out that day and send me a tracking number. They also said they'll do something for us on the shipping to make up for this mistakes.

No such tracking number came through. Called them again today to figure out what the hell is going on. They put me on hold for 15 minutes while they make up the shipment paperwork with UPS, give me a tracking number that comes back to UPS saying "Awaiting Package information", then they tell me that the part I ordered is going to be back from anodizing in the next 1-2 hours and they'll ship it out then. Then he tells me that we should be expecting the parts in a weeks time. I asked what happened to helping us out with shipping? They say they are helping us by cutting the shipping down from $48 to $29.

So now my customer is pissed at me for giving him a 3rd timeline, he still doesn't have his parts, which he won't get until over a month after ordering them when originally they gave us a 2 week timeframe for delivery.

I can't stand it when companies give timelines and delivery dates that they just pull out of their assays.

Cancel the order and get it from somewhere else. You're letting them do you dirty like that by supporting their itshay.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?

Offline greenturbo

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2013 WRX, 2011 Fazer 8, 65 Mercury Comet, 82 Mustang Twin Turbo
« Reply #10009 on: February 11, 2019, 07:40:29 AM »
Test drove the new WRX on the weekend..... it feels so so so slow compared to my 13, and the ergonomics are awful.

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata
« Reply #10010 on: February 11, 2019, 08:22:38 AM »
Test drove the new WRX on the weekend..... it feels so so so slow compared to my 13, and the ergonomics are awful.

Seating position is a lot higher but I doubt its slower. Likely very comparable but the power delivery is very different.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10011 on: February 11, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »
Wut? A review of the VA probably belongs in that thread. However, it dumps on the 13 on nearly every level. The GR/GV series were a backwards step in handling, along with a bumper which fell off in a strong breeze. They were shithouse out of the box.

You can feel the VA boost kick in around 2600rpm which is significantly lower than the '13. It's a faster, better handling car and very much suited to around town driving. Is your 13 stock? You have a fast car in your sig so you know what fast feels like and I won't question the quality of your butt dyno.

I test drove the VA when it first came out. Subaru put a group of us in a 13 and a 15 back to back on a skid pan. I shouldn't need to say which car handled better. The VA is hands down the better car. 2020 is the proposed release of the WRX on the new Global Platform. If you don't like the VA wait until then.

Offline Rathburn

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #10012 on: February 11, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »

LOL, you been hittin' the crack pipe hard, eh?

Offline Rad_Racer

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #10013 on: February 11, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »
I feel like the issue may be in the power delivery. Buddy and I swapped his E92 M3 for my VA STI for a couple days and he said my STI felt faster (stock) than his M3, even though it was down 100hp. Just felt that way because of how abruptly the torque is delivered.

The VA WRX turbo comes on down low and delivers fairly smoothly compared to the GV that was more of a ON/OFF, so there's less of a "holy itshay" sensation.

Offline RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #10014 on: February 11, 2019, 12:26:47 PM »
Also dont forget about fuel economy. The FA20dit gets way better mileage than the EJ.

If you are comparing the VA wrx to a sti, of course the VA wrx is going to be slower.

I think the VA is a very well rounded car. but i find the ride in the back seat to be pretty terrible compared to the GR. Other than that, and the rev hang, no real qualms.

Offline Mason

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2 feet and a heart beat
« Reply #10015 on: February 11, 2019, 12:57:23 PM »
Did you leave it in eco mode? The FA2.0DIT isn't as aggressive, but has great power delivery for a 2.0L IMO.

Offline greenturbo

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2013 WRX, 2011 Fazer 8, 65 Mercury Comet, 82 Mustang Twin Turbo
« Reply #10016 on: February 11, 2019, 03:33:38 PM »
Seating position is a lot higher but I doubt its slower. Likely very comparable but the power delivery is very different.

i have found supporting articles on the internet that prove its a fill second slower in the 1/4 mile.

it had noticeably less torque. and the extra gear produced more shifting

2013 wrx " 13.5 seconds at 100.0 mph "  https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/impreza/2013/2013-subaru-impreza-wrx-special-edition-first-test/

2018 wrx at 14.5 seconds at 94.2 mph "https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/wrx/2018/2018-subaru-wrx-first-test-review/"

no crack pipe rathburn.... its noticeably slower

Online DaDuke99

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • For the Swarm!
  • Ride: 13 DGM STI, 03 Forester 2.5X, 01 Forester S, 92 Justy
« Reply #10017 on: February 11, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
Less torque? It has more torque at lower rpms.... I've done pulls with friends and they do pull away from me a bit at first.
I also drive a 2013 sti.. Better than your wrx benchmark. Next you'll tell me your wrx is faster than my sti too...

I can't argue with your "extra gear produced more shifting" claim though, that itshay seems pretty legit.  ::)

Offline Rathburn

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #10018 on: February 11, 2019, 04:02:16 PM »
i have found supporting articles on the internet that prove its a fill second slower in the 1/4 mile.

it had noticeably less torque. and the extra gear produced more shifting

2013 wrx " 13.5 seconds at 100.0 mph "  https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/impreza/2013/2013-subaru-impreza-wrx-special-edition-first-test/

2018 wrx at 14.5 seconds at 94.2 mph "https://www.motortrend.com/cars/subaru/wrx/2018/2018-subaru-wrx-first-test-review/"

no crack pipe rathburn.... its noticeably slower

Guy, you can find many articles with faster and slower 1/4 mile times.

2011 WRX 13.7 @ 100 mph C&D https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15127036/2011-subaru-impreza-wrx-sedan-instrumented-test/

2015 WRX 13.6 @ 102 mph C&D https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15111292/2015-subaru-wrx-sedan-manual-test-review/
2015 WRX 13.7 @ 99.5 mph R&T https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/reviews/a6306/2015-subaru-wrx-vs-sti/

As for torque:

2013 WRX is listed at 244 ft-lb @ 4000 rpm
2015 WRX is listed at 258 ft-lb @ 2000 rpm

Please tell me what math you used to figure out that 244 is more than 258.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: Blue V8, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #10019 on: February 11, 2019, 04:25:59 PM »

2015 WRX 13.6 @ 102 mph C&D https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15111292/2015-subaru-wrx-sedan-manual-test-review/
2015 WRX 13.7 @ 99.5 mph R&T https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/reviews/a6306/2015-subaru-wrx-vs-sti/

2015 is still slower. 

lols jk. 

greenturbo, are you just trolling for fun?  This isn't some group think/circle jerk because newer is better.  We've all sat in a GR/GV and we've all sat in a VA.  The difference is noticeable alright. 

You know what's also noticeably faster than any of the above? 

An EVO.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Asstuna

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10020 on: February 11, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »
Don't believe his lies

Offline Ambystom01

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Not contributing to WSC since 2008
  • Ride: 2015 VW tree-killer, 1990 Mazda hairdresser
« Reply #10021 on: February 11, 2019, 05:57:36 PM »
The 2018 STI Type RA posted a blistering 14 second 1/4 mile at 101 mph:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a24414993/2018-subaru-wrx-sti-type-ra-performance/

Pretty sure the Type RA will beat a 2013 WRX. The wide range we're seeing is a pretty big hint that conditions and the ability to launch an AWD car are factoring in here.

Quote from: mudferret
Ambystom01 shows the funny picture whom is thine boss.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: Blue V8, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #10022 on: February 11, 2019, 11:40:46 PM »
Don't believe his lies

I sat in an EVO 4 with an EVO 6 motor swap this past summer and it was eye-opening experience.  I mean, I've sat in Jacky's EVO a number of times both in Ice Dice and AutoX, but this was a monster on a completely different level.  My GD felt as responsive and nimble as a beached whale in comparison. 

I'm sure it's been heavily modified, but still.  I still dream about it like I dream of bubble tea. 

uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1999 Pajero, 1999 Evo VI, 1998 Evo V
« Reply #10023 on: February 12, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »
I sat in an EVO 4 with an EVO 6 motor swap this past summer and it was eye-opening experience.  I mean, I've sat in Jacky's EVO a number of times both in Ice Dice and AutoX, but this was a monster on a completely different level.  My GD felt as responsive and nimble as a beached whale in comparison. 

I'm sure it's been heavily modified, but still.  I still dream about it like I dream of bubble tea. 

That 4 had a stock 5 turbo, running a stock evo 7 map on an evo 7 ECU running 18 lbs boost, stock 4 drivetrain with 240,000 km on it, and some coilovers. Stock evo 8 rims with 215 wide tires on it. I think the only "power mods" are exhaust (with the restrictive factory 2 1/4" turbo elbow), bigger intercooler (someone backed into his old one with a receiver) and an intake.
My build thread(s),
Subaru: http://goo.gl/oNdq9A Mitsubishi: http://goo.gl/KObocl

Offline Rathburn

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #10024 on: February 12, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »

That 4 had a stock 5 turbo, running a stock evo 7 map on an evo 7 ECU running 18 lbs boost, stock 4 drivetrain with 240,000 km on it, and some coilovers. Stock evo 8 rims with 215 wide tires on it. I think the only "power mods" are exhaust (with the restrictive factory 2 1/4" turbo elbow), bigger intercooler (someone backed into his old one with a receiver) and an intake.

Looks like he was trying to push more boost pressure than the stock guts could take.