Author Topic: Chicago?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
Chicago?
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:54:53 pm »
Hey Everyone,

So some friends and I are looking at heading to Chicago for Lollapalooza next year (August Long Weekend).

Couple of questions:

1) Anyone have any good hookups for places to stay that are relatively near Grant Park or would be easy to get there by train?
2) The festival is Friday-Sunday. We're trying to figure out how many days to stay afterward. Is 3 days (leave Wednesday evening) enough to see the main sights? Or would it be better to stay an entire week? We thought about staying until Tuesday and then heading to New York for the remainder of the week, but its actually farther than I thought from Chicago.

Any other advice on things to do is greatly appreciated.

- Z
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline mudferret

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: MMVI WRX
Re: Chicago?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:44:45 pm »
TBH, the first thing that popped into my head was "da bearse"

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:13:02 pm »
If only we could go see an NFL game... but we'll hit up an MLB game while we're there.
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Prelude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Black WRX Sedan "B-Rex"
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:30:28 am »
Frontera Grill - http://www.rickbayless.com/restaurants/grill.html
I have friends that have said it was the greatest meal they have ever eaten. It is opened by Rick Bayless Best Mexican chef in America and also Top Chef Masters Winner.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:58:51 am »
I did a lot a of traveling for business and Sutton Place (Vancouver and Edmonton) was the only place I could get a good night sleep.  And they happen to have a hotel in Chicago (http://www.chicago.suttonplace.com/default.htm) also it looks like its not too far from Grant Park (if I'm searching the right place).

Thanks for the advice.

Looks like we'll be staying in a VRBO condo. They're cheaper than the hotels and having a kitchen will be really nice, even if we just use it for breakfast.

Frontera Grill - http://www.rickbayless.com/restaurants/grill.html
I have friends that have said it was the greatest meal they have ever eaten. It is opened by Rick Bayless Best Mexican chef in America and also Top Chef Masters Winner.

Thanks. We'll definitely check it out.

Offline STI_Crazy

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2013 Cayenne
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 12:44:00 pm »
If you can go on a cruise around the bay area, totally worth it. You can get some amazing views of the city!
Also, Willis Tower was pretty neat to see but i bit expensive, i found, to get in $17US i believe.

I wanted to go to the Natural History museum but run out of time. That's where Night At the Museum was filmed at.

Another cool thing to see is the "Bean", pretty cool piece of art.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 12:49:30 pm »
If you can go on a cruise around the bay area, totally worth it. You can get some amazing views of the city!
Also, Willis Tower was pretty neat to see but i bit expensive, i found, to get in $17US i believe.

I wanted to go to the Natural History museum but run out of time. That's where Night At the Museum was filmed at.

Another cool thing to see is the "Bean", pretty cool piece of art.

Cool. I think the Willis (Sears) Tower would be fun to see, but I agree, that's expensive.

I've been looking around and there's definitely some cool architecture around.

A cruise would be fun! thanks for the idea!