Author Topic: Join the WSC Steam group  (Read 11887 times)

Offline JohnnyCanuck

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2005 Mini Cooper S
Re: Join the WSC Steam group
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 10:29:51 am »
only game I play is TFC   :P  My name is JohnnyCanuck
Turbo Schmurbo. - Ghandi

Offline Saul

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2014 Forester 2.0XT Touring
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 10:36:17 am »
Anyone plays Dota 2?

Hell yeah. 

I'll join the group.  Alias = Xyonix.

Also into sim racing.  Got a triple monitor setup w/g27 wheel.  Assetto Corsa. http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

Offline Durandal

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2007 Impreza WRX
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 07:05:30 am »
Just joined up.
Steam handle Durandal.
2014: 1st Navigator, Novice Class, WCRA TSD Rally Series.    ||    2015: 1st Navigator in Calculator Class and 2nd Overall in both the Rallywest and WCRA TSD Rally Series.

Codriving for a 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution in the 2016 WCRA TSD Rally Series, Calculator Class.

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2015, 08:23:34 pm »
With a username like that how can I resist?

Offline YYCJEDI

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2016 WRX (Akira)
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 05:18:43 pm »
I play a lot of L4D. My steam name is hansolo08.

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 05:29:53 pm »
You must be ecstatic for December 18th :P
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline YYCJEDI

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2016 WRX (Akira)
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 11:57:14 pm »
Why???

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2015, 03:54:23 am »
.... Because star wars steam name?

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2015, 08:40:33 am »
And your forum name...
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up

Offline kehuynh

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 03 Crown Estate ATH V, 04 Crown Athlete EX: 90 Mazda MX-5, 03 Infiniti M45
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2015, 03:52:12 pm »
Just got steam. My username is khuynh94

Offline chico_kj_23

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1993 WRX, 2011 G37X, 2018 4Runner
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 02:48:15 pm »
I've had steam for years but just saw this. I joined the group, username: chico_kj_23 display name: Captain_Subie

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 05:58:46 pm »
Let me join tonight, username I think is Polaris. I play CS:GO and H1Z1, used to play a itshay-ton of TF2 but sold my backpack

Offline OrcasNotOilers

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 Saab 9-2x 2.5i 5MT, 2008 Jeep Patriot North 5MT (For Sale), 2013 Acura MDX
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2016, 04:19:53 pm »
Basically my Steam time is limited to Civ V, so for you slower gamers out there: SaltyCatNoMSG

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 06:25:12 pm »
Basically my Steam time is limited to Civ V, so for you slower gamers out there: SaltyCatNoMSG

Have you tried Civ 6 yet?
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up

Offline OrcasNotOilers

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 Saab 9-2x 2.5i 5MT, 2008 Jeep Patriot North 5MT (For Sale), 2013 Acura MDX
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2016, 02:40:45 pm »
Have you tried Civ 6 yet?
Waiting for the price to drop. I've heard mixed reviews but I'm quite excited. Thoughts?

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 09:36:31 am »
Waiting for the price to drop. I've heard mixed reviews but I'm quite excited. Thoughts?

That's fair, it's kinda expensive.

I'm happy with 80ish% of the new upgrades. The new sprawling city dynamics is a great upgrade, same with the builders. The tech trees move so much faster because their split, it's not uncommon to be in the modern era around 1400, and having the separate civic tree is sweet, can really focus only on what you need and not absolutely everything. Now, you only need one or two strategic resources (like Iron, coal, oil, etc) to pump out as many units as you want, instead of 10 of more plots or iron. Luxury resources you still need many if you want to trade. Trading is.. Simpler. Now roads are built by the traders as they make their first delivery, whether to city states, your cities, or other civs. City states are easier to work with now, instead of Alexander stealing *all* of them. They also have great benefits if you find them first, or give them your influence points. The great people is an interesting dynamic. You can see who's coming down the pipeline and how close another civ is to getting it. If you have the resources, you can buy one out for under them if you feel so dastardly. The units are a huge improvement, you can now put an archer with a trebuchet and a military engineer, or a swordsman with a siege tower and a great general and just kill cities left and right. And forming Corps is nice. If you have one unit that you've brought up from the beginning of time, you can group it with two other brand new of the same units and still have the experience of the original one.

But the 20% of dislike is in the AI. Yes, having a known policy and an unknown policy was great in the first three games, but they act on those policies at turn 2. If you meet them and you haven't spit out another warrior or haven't built a wonder yet, they're looking down upon you. And it continues to rub it in your face for the rest of the game. They can be as confused as Trump in negations (we want your luxuries and your gonna pay us for it!), or as open as the own bicycle (oh, you want three luxury resources, I only want 2 gold), but it can be in the same negotiation. And the other part, there's a lot more reading to figure out what to do, symbols aren't nearly as common making it feel more complicated than it actually is.

But ai has always been a bit of a problem with civ games, and I wouldn't make a deal out of it, except for they put so much effort into making advertising "ai is better!", almost seems like the devs never had a chance to play it and work out the bugs.

All of that said about the ai, online play is great, a good tussle always happens and it's turned into better fights and a better game play.
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up

Offline OrcasNotOilers

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2016, 02:15:34 pm »
That's fair, it's kinda expensive.

I usually only shell out full $$ for games I'm sure I want. Obduction was the last I paid full price for, and I regret it - not a bad game, per say, but not worth what I sunk into it.

I started on Civ III (so reading up on things doesn't scare me), skipped IV, and have enjoyed V for quite some time now, but the difference ability to differentiate is a big draw for me. I thought Gods and Kings / BNW were HUGE steps of the franchise so far in terms of giving some diversity to the play, but I wasn't a huge fan of eliminating unit stacking altogether, though I did understand why. The 30-minute turns I faced watching bombers in the Modern era were not so fun. The layering + corps options are intriguing.

Offline Dylan780

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Honda CR-V
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 09:15:51 am »
Boys, I now have Steam!

My username is DylanJuneau. I tried for so long to add my other buddy (xbox and ps4 are not case sensitive) but couldn't find him until I realized he had a capital "C" in his name and not lower case.  :sarcasm: