Author Topic: BC bike race  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Shanty

• beards comin in nice
Re: BC bike race
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »
I missed your post earlier. The week went well and we had a lot of fun. The first day was pretty tough due to the heat and we didn't quite finish but it was still fun. Before we left we were working on buying a house, selling ours and working on a move to Ontario so training fell through. Due to this we didn't ride all of the days but still had a great time. We rode days one three five and seven together and I also rode day six. We finished all of the other days and had a blast riding and touring in the various towns we visited. It was a very well organized event and would recommend it to anyone, but make sure you train hard. Haha

Overall it was a great experience and I would do it again. It felt great to cross the finish line in whistler, lots of people cheering along the way.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline soulindk

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2018 Crosstrek
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 09:10:07 AM »
Sounds awesome! Maybe one year it'll be something I'm able to do, but I need a lot more saddle time before I can even consider doing that race.

Where in Ontario are you guys moving to? New job?
Smart went crazy and rode a unicorn through the storm. - Atmosphere

Offline Shanty

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
haha, good timing of me coming online apparently, this was the first thread in my unread posts. Anyway, we are moving to Collingwood. We are originally from Barrie Ontario and are moving back to be closer to family. There is lots of good riding in the area so I am excited for that. I am just doing an internal transfer with the same company I am with and my wife will be working at the hospital there.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline soulindk

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
Nice, I love the Collingwood area. It's one of the two areas I would move back to. Yeah I never had the chance to explore the trails around there because I didn't get my bike until I moved out here. But Blue Mountain is stepping up their bike park and the Escarpment is just riddled with trails. Oh, and I hope you aren't moving into the Blue Shores neighbourhood. It gets pretty smelly there sometimes because of the distillery and methanol plant.

Offline Shanty

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »
Hmm, I don't recall the same of our neighbourhood. Our house is at the south end of Peel Street. I rode the Blue Mountain bike park last summer and it was fun, although I think a full on downhill bike is a bit overkill there. I am going to be getting a bike to ride there but not sure what yet. I think I will take my trance there a couple times to see how it does and go from there. Looking forward to riding in the escarpment as well, three stage area is supposed to be great.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)

Offline soulindk

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »
Pick up a Bruce Trail guide book. I would just give you mine but I won't be in Edmonton or passing through until the end of August.

Offline Shanty

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 09:55:06 AM »
Ya I will be getting some of the trail maps so I can find my way around. Thanks for the offer on the book, I think my parents have one anyway so I will likely just grab theirs.
Colin
05 RS Sportwagon (His)
02 Foz (Hers)
98 Foz (sold)