Author Topic: GrimmSpeed Up Pipe  (Read 2892 times)

Offline GrimmSpeed

• Stubbly Faced
GrimmSpeed Up Pipe
« on: September 11, 2008, 01:10:06 pm »

You are looking at the same outstanding quality as our other exhaust pieces. Folks, this is by far the nicest up pipe we've have seen to date(and we've seen almost every other up pipe on the market).

• massiave SS 304 flanges
  • +10whp gain
  • minimal internal steps for maximum flow
  • complete stainless steel construction(flanges, pipe, flex)(very few companies do this)
  • optional ceramic coating
  • weight reduction over stock piece
  • flex joint that is NOT located in the bend which adds life expectancy to  the flex section. many other up pipes have a flex right in a sharp bend so all the exhaust/turbulence is hitting up against it.
  • reduce turbo lag
  • increase exhaust flow to turbo
$179.99
Click here for more info: GrimmSpeed

We spent a lot of time in R&D on the perfect dimensions of this pipe. It has a very thick pipe wall thickness of 2.0mm. The up pipe inlet is 1.9" and the outlet is 1.72". The inlet size is the perfect size as it allows you to get a perfect mating to the gasket but with a little bit of wiggle room for the gasket to move around and still not be in the way. The pipe tapers down to 1.72" so it acts like a funnel going into the turbo..this allows for the smoothest transition into the most common turbos. Many of our competitors either have a much to big or much to small up pipe inlet, this destroys the airflow quality, leading to slower turbo spoolup.

Since we are a porting company we make sure to have the smoothest transitions between pipes to allow for maximum flow and quickest spoolup(we call this "quality" airflow).

Adding a non-cat'd up pipe is one of the first things you should do to your Subaru. Arguably one of the best $/HP ratios. Due to emission reasons Subaru has to but very restrictive cats in the exhaust system. With the GrimmSpeed up pipe these cats are eliminated.  Another great feature of the GrimmSpeed up pipe is that the inlet is gasket matched so you have a perfectly smoothed out exhaust flow compared to the big step that that tiny stock inlet has.

The GrimmSpeed up pipe is specifically created without an EGT bung. The ecu does not use the egt sensor for air/fuel adjustments. You do not need the egt sensor. If you would like to keep tabs on EGT temperatures the correct place to do it is on the exhaust manifold right after the exhaust ports, this is the only place where the correct temperatures can be taken.

Applications:
02-08 WRX
04-08 STi
04-08 LGT
04-08 FXT
04-08 Baja T

As an option we can treat the pipes with our Ceramic Thermal Coating for $20. We also carry the OEM Up pipe gaskets... up pipe>turbo is 15.99 and the manifold>turbo is 14.99. We recommend getting the OEM gaskets because we have found over the years they work the best.

Justin
GrimmSpeed :: Subaru Racing Parts
AIM: GrimmSpd

Offline pearl boxer

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: will be teh fastest one day
Re: GrimmSpeed Up Pipe
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:04:36 pm »
Shipping to the lower 48 states will be $10.

This helps us Canadians how?

I'm assuming this is just a very generic post that you put up on every Suby forum around.

We still have to go through Touge to get our Grimmspeed products right?

Offline GrimmSpeed

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 03:13:42 pm »
While I will never reccomend not purchasing through one of our vendors, you are able to purchase directly through our web-site.  Shipping will be an additional $7.00usd to our neighbors to the north.  This will come to a total of $17.00usd via USPS priority mail as of today 9/11/08.

Let me know if there are any questions about this, or any of our products.

Rich
sales@grimmspeed.com

Offline Jack_Cracker

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 00 4Runner
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 03:15:33 pm »
MMmmmm. Looks delicious!
I'd better start saving my pennies...
I miss my wagon :'(

Offline GrimmSpeed

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 03:18:39 pm »
MMmmmm. Looks delicious!
I'd better start saving my pennies...

If you save long enough, and things go the way they have, it will take less of them to equal the USD sales price ;D

Rich

Offline pearl boxer

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: will be teh fastest one day
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 04:30:16 pm »
While I will never reccomend not purchasing through one of our vendors, you are able to purchase directly through our web-site.  Shipping will be an additional $7.00usd to our neighbors to the north.  This will come to a total of $17.00usd via USPS priority mail as of today 9/11/08.

Let me know if there are any questions about this, or any of our products.

Rich
sales@grimmspeed.com

Sweet!  Good to know.  I will poke around your website and see if ther's anything that I should pick up ;D

Offline jutes

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Chev // 18’ X1
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:47:57 am »
I have this uppipe, great quality.

Offline GrimmSpeed

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:13 pm »
All GrimmSpeed Up Pipes and HiFlow Crosspipes that have went out the last 2 weeks and all future Up Pipes/Crosspipes will now have 35% thicker stainless steel piping! This means that we now offer one of the thickest piped Up Pipes and the thickest Crosspipe availabe in the entire Subaru market.

Everday, us Subaru dorks over here at GrimmSpeed strive to give you premium Subaru parts...and we enjoy doing it! :)

Offline GrimmSpeed

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 05:00:31 pm »
We now have logos on all of our exhaust pipes so you can make sure you are getting an original GrimmSpeed product.

Like always, we port down the lips so our customers have optimal flow through the pipe with no lips.

Offline GrimmSpeed

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 10:36:08 am »
As of about 2 hours ago our Up Pipes, EWG Up Pipes, and Crosspipes are back in stock!!

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

Justin