Author Topic: Nurburgring Rental  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Craig D

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Impreza 2.5RS
Nurburgring Rental
« on: November 19, 2012, 07:06:54 pm »
Hello,

I am going to be in Germany next summer and I am kicking around the idea of taking a lap on the the Northern Loop at the Nurburgring. Googling this, there appear to be many different options.

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/drive-the-track/one-lap-sensation

and

http://www.destination-nurburgring.com/trackday/nurburgring-trackdays/car-hire

to list a couple.

This leads me to my questions:
Has anyone done this previously? Any recommendations on vendors for rentals, etc...?
I would prefer to use the recommendations of a WSC'er as a starting point if possible.

Cheers,

Craig

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
Re: Nurburgring Rental
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:20:55 am »
Send a PM to Hurricane (if he checks the forums anymore).

I know he did this recently and had some great recommendations.

Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline idtrav

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Cholo
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:56:02 am »
I was at the Ring a few years ago and was one of the best things i've ever done in my life. There are a handful of track cars you can rent but seeing as how I was there with my GF, at the time, I couldn't blast an entire day at the race track  :sarcasm:

I started off on a ride-along in a 700+hp Zacspeed tuned Viper. Was 270 Euros for the best 8 mins of my life. Was literally high from adrenaline for 30 mins after the lap was done. He was an ex-F3 driver so had done thousands of laps and knew the track like the back of his hand. Was passing litre bikes like they were standing still and hit over 300km/h on the last stretch, absolutely amazing.

Took out a little Fiat POS after to see get a better perception of what the track was like after that but i warn you - they watch for rental cars and if you are caught can get banned internationally from certain agencies. It was so f'd up...you go up to the guy selling tickets in a little shack, tell him how many laps you want, pay the man then proceed to the entrance of the track where you insert your ticket like an amusement park and you're free to go. Everyone goes at once so you'll run into 911's, bikes, Crx's and whatever else people decide to bring that day.
Yeah your car is like a mythical creature.

*was

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:58:35 am »
You can take anything on there, and it takes the tank of gas and something ridiculous cheap like 10 Euro. Didn't rent anything, but in the back stage, they had easily 6 R8s sitting there, ready to rent and drive. I we for the back stage tour, which was really interesting; even if they don't speak that much English.

There's a diner up right before the castle, there was enough to fill me, so check that out. And go up to the castle, get up to the highest point, and enjoy.
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline Craig D

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:08:22 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I will PM Hurricane too...

Offline inthemarket

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: is big enough for five, and a canine
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:14 pm »
Did you end up hearing anything from Hurricane? Im thinking about doing this this summer and would love some feedback from people!
Mitch's car runs on unicorn blood, its rubber is sourced from the hooves of pegasus', and it drives on rainbows and dreams.
It uses infi-boost, smells like Japan, and is fast as tits.

Offline kevbot

• Patchy Faced
Nurburgring Rental
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:23 pm »
Rent 4 ring hands down dude . Rsr is good as well.  Dale from rent4ring is great , excellent customer service and pricing as well. I have lots of info if you want it.
Cheers
Kevin
1994 Evo II (sold) 2004 Wrx (sold/crashed) 2005 Sti (sold) 2008 Evo (sold) 1999 Wrx Gf8 (SOLD) 2009 BMW 335i m sport (SOLD) 2008 Cobb stage 2 sit(wife) 2007 FXT( current)

Offline Craig D

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 03:15:13 pm »
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. The trip has changed for me and we are only going to be in Italy (logistics got in the way of Germany). This will have to wait until we go back, hopefully in a few years.

Cheers,