Author Topic: Tomorrowland  (Read 3359 times)

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
Tomorrowland
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:45:24 pm »
This has just popped up on my radar. I'm seriously considering it.

Has anyone here been? Any first person tales to relate to?

Offline dfranks26

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2009 STI
Re: Tomorrowland
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 01:09:17 pm »
havent been yet but me and 3 buddies are planning to go this coming year. A buddy from Kelowna has gone 2 yrs in a row so he knows all about it and has been making it sound just all too good not to experience it for myself
DanFranks

Offline silent

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: A3
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10:07 pm »
I know a guy that went last year and had so much fun that he put together a tour to go next year.  The DJ sets I have heard were absolutely incredible and the lineup was amazing.  I wish I could go, but work season is too short to miss out on a week.

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »
Excellent.
Nothing is shouting out at me from the interwebs to NOT go for any reason.
I'm anxiously awaiting ticket details.

Does anyone know if this is something that sells out in 5 minutes? Or will I have time to decide once they announce ticket and package pricing?

Edit
Answered my own question.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Because of the enormous success of Tomorrowland and the fact that it is a Belgian festival, ID&T decided to give Belgians an exclusive chance with a pre-sale (80,000 of the 180,000 tickets) on March 24. In less than one day, all of the tickets sold out and at some moments there were 2,000,000 people on the online waiting list. The worldwide sale started April 7. Within two hours, the other 100,000 tickets sold out.

Jesse.Korpan

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 02:55:59 pm »
Im not sure festivals of this sort really "Sell out" you might get ittshay camping or whatever but it looks like they are a pretty open area but who knows.

Offline SubaruWrxSti

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2014 FR-S
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 04:01:55 pm »
From the video it looks awesome, reminds me of music festival "exit" in Novi Sad, Serbia.

Jesse.Korpan

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 12:07:09 am »
What about something like shambala or something of that nature abit closer to home? Sure its not anywhere near the mass or grander but might be a good place to chill and listen to some good beats and such ?

Offline silent

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: A3
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 02:32:24 pm »
What about something like shambala or something of that nature abit closer to home? Sure its not anywhere near the mass or grander but might be a good place to chill and listen to some good beats and such ?
Shambala is much less house and more DnB/Dubstep/hardstyle/breakbeat/whatever else.  They tend to stick as far away from mainstream house as possible.  I had more fun at the Boonstock dance tent/nights at the mainstage than I did at Shambala, solely due to the music played (and the fact that you're actually allowed to drink beer).

A massive festival like Ultra Music Festival, Electronic Daisy Carnival, or Tomorrowland would be an unbelievable experience.  I'd attend UMF if I could, SHM is having their final show so the atmosphere should be insane.

Offline Hotpapaya

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 WRX // 1987 Chevrolet Chevette
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:12 am »
You should check out Frequency in Edmonton. Its put on by boodang every Febuary long weekend. They've had Above and Beyond, Dash Berlin, Arty, Mat Zo, Porter Robinson, Dada Life, and a whole bunch of other artists of every EDM Sub genre (if you will). I've been the past two years and its an absolute blast, get there at 8pm and not leaving till 5am is just awesome.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 08:38:53 am »
Frequency is probably a lot more crowded due to being in doors. I went to a Tiesto show at the BMO center in Calgary, and while it was amazing, it was extremely humid and hot.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Hotpapaya

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 08:46:12 am »
yeah it is decently crowded depending where you are standing / sitting (They have bleachers at the back). Its still a really good time tho.

Offline Hound

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2016 DGM BMW wannabe.
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 09:05:09 am »
Its still a really good time tho.

I have a feeling that the next Frequency won't be as awesome since they'll probably close it at 2:30am instead of 6am.

Offline Hotpapaya

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 09:40:50 am »
I have a feeling that the next Frequency won't be as awesome since they'll probably close it at 2:30am instead of 6am.

How come??

Offline Hound

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2016 DGM BMW wannabe.
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 10:04:02 am »
How come??

The City of Edmonton revised their bylaws regarding Afterhour Dances & Raves.  Holding an event only till 2:30am has less requirements and is more profitable for the promoter.  Boodang lost a lot of money during the Elements Festival so I would be surprised if they try it again.

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:59 pm »
If you want to know about local concerts/raves/drugfests, please start another thread.
I'm not going to X festival because it's closer, I'm looking to go to Tomorrowland because that's where I want to go.

"I will be going to Chateau LaRonde, what should I expect?"
"You should go to Mcdonald's because they have a drive-thru."
Not exactly what I'm looking for.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Tomorrowland

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 02:41:34 pm »
If you want to know about local concerts/raves/drugfests, please start another thread.
I'm not going to X festival because it's closer, I'm looking to go to Tomorrowland because that's where I want to go.

judging by that video..... comparing tomorrowland to shambahla is like telling someone to go watch a peewee hockey game because they want to see the olympic gold metal game.
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline mrsailboats

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2010 WRX
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »

I understand you don't want other options because this is where you want to go. However realizing I can't afford to go and all I could afford was probably electric daisy carnival (vegas) I started looking at it as an option for myself.  Its 100 000+ people and a huge festival.  I usually listen to it on satellite radio and the videos for it show a good time. 
As far as tomorrowland I do have a family member going this year so I could probably get some details. (it's imy future plans)
Just mostly trying to point out if something happens that you can't make tomorrowland, do check out EDC because it's probably 2nd best anyway.

Offline The Goat

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2011 STI Sedan WRB, 1997 JDM Forester S/TB
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 07:42:29 pm »
Me and some friends are going to EDC in Vega in 2013, but tomorrowland looks crazy. To bad already going to Europe for Octoberfest this just does not line up :(

Ill just leave this here

"When there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire"

2011 GR STI
1997 S/TB Forester