Author Topic: 2010 Audi S4  (Read 34342 times)

Offline yella

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2007 STI
Re: 2010 Audi S4
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2013, 08:36:51 pm »
That much power would look real sexy in your car......
2007 Subaru STI Stage 3
Kal Tire Manager
Build Thread http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=40781.0

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2013, 09:13:16 pm »
Are you really going to source 104 octane fuel?

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2013, 09:20:24 pm »

Haha. Even just the 93 octane tune over stock is intense.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2013, 11:17:31 pm »

No. All the major tuners provide 91, 93 and 100+ octane tunes.

If I were to do it, I'd stick with Shell 91.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2013, 09:45:28 am »
Audi offers the Audi Winter Driving experience and it is coming to Calgary in February. Unfortunately, it is selling out fast and it is only offered here as a full day session (8 hours). I was considering the half-day but the full-day is too rich for my blood. $800.

Sounds pretty sweet. Its at the Nakota Lakeside Lodge. You get to drive 2014 S4 and S5's on the ice track. The key here is that I get to drive someone else's car (Audi's) instead of risking my own bumpers and fenders.

You don't have to own an Audi to do it, so if you're quick, you might be able to grab one of the spots. It is filling up fast.
https://theaudiexperience.ca/en/landing
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline yella

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2007 STI
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »
That would be real fun, but it is pretty rich... but so would the repair bill on the cars once you smashed them into a snow bank!

I get to do something similiar next february, but in Finland with Nokian for a week..... fortunately at their expense!
2007 Subaru STI Stage 3
Kal Tire Manager
Build Thread http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=40781.0

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2014, 09:39:52 am »
The S4 went in for its 85,000km service today. There were a couple issues that I asked them to look into as well (since it is under warranty):

- The headlights do an auto-aim thing at start up (dip down and then back up). Randomly, when it is cold, the driver's side will not come back up and end up aiming down about 6ft in front of the car.
- There are a couple of vents in the back of the armrest for the rear passengers and you're supposed to be able to control temp and fan speed. Nothing I do results in air coming out of that.

In addition, it'll get an oil change, new spark plugs, etc. I told them to leave the air filter (replaced recently) and not rotate the tires as they're about 200km old.

I'll report back on what the service cost me. I am not expecting it to be cheap.

In the meantime, however, I've got a smile on my face as I am driving this as a loaner.

Audi A7 by zcherniawsky, on Flickr

2014 A7 TDI - Fully loaded and its got 80km on it. Pretty nice loaner.

My immediate thoughts on the drive from the dealership to work:
- I don't like paddle shifters. They may be better at shifting, faster, whatever. I don't care. I don't like them. I used them for 3 minutes and put it back in Drive.
- It's equipped with the auto Start/Stop feature that shuts the engine off at lights for fuel economy. I don't like that either. Every time you stop, it feels like you've stalled. Then, it noticeably turns on when you remove your foot from the brake. I turned it off.
- Other than that, the car is really nice. Lots of features that i haven't explored yet. As you would expect, there seems to be a lot of room. Even with the front seats all the way back, there looks to be lots of rear seat room.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2014, 02:29:16 pm »
Just got the call. The 85k service will cost me $600 (without changing the air filter or rotating the tires). On top of that, they found that the error with the headlights was a ballast issue and it'll be covered (but I pay the $50 deductible for the warranty work).

The issue with the vents is that the rear vents don't work when the car is on Auto temperature control mode. So the issue was with the user (me), not the car.

Offline GC8REX

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • The little boxer that could
  • Ride: 1995 Impreza WRX, 1997 Forester S/TB
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2014, 02:52:52 pm »
Just got the call. The 85k service will cost me $600 (without changing the air filter or rotating the tires). On top of that, they found that the error with the headlights was a ballast issue and it'll be covered (but I pay the $50 deductible for the warranty work).

The issue with the vents is that the rear vents don't work when the car is on Auto temperature control mode. So the issue was with the user (me), not the car.

So you can't have climate control on with the rear vents? That seems an odd omission.

And wow, that's a steep service bill, but with the A7 loaner its probably worth it :)

Offline lynx440

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2014, 03:00:02 pm »
In the meantime, however, I've got a smile on my face as I am driving this as a loaner.

Audi A7 by zcherniawsky, on Flickr
2014 A7 TDI - Fully loaded and its got 80km on it. Pretty nice loaner.

My immediate thoughts?  It looks like a Hyena dragging its bum on the ground.  Or a circus elephant sat on the back of it.  Otherwise a nice fill in for your S4. 

Offline Kartelli

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2014, 09:30:52 am »
I picked up a 2012 S4, Ibis White, DSG, Sport Diff and 19" rims.  Been following your post on your s4 since day one!!  Happy to join the dark side with you.     

Can I pick your brain about the vag-com options!?   

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:12 am »
I picked up a 2012 S4, Ibis White, DSG, Sport Diff and 19" rims.  Been following your post on your s4 since day one!!  Happy to join the dark side with you.     

Can I pick your brain about the vag-com options!?   

Very nice. Ibis white looks amazing.

Nav or no nav?

Yeah, of course. Let me know what questions you have.

Offline Kartelli

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2014, 10:37:14 am »
Mine is a base + the options listed above.  No navi, B&O sound system.   I think its the pre-face lift as well. 

Does anyone in Edmonton have a Vag-Com cable that I can borrow?   

Mods I'm looking at:
RS5 Grill in black
Supercharger side badges to replace the V6T
RS4 Pedal Kit
S4 Sphere gear shift knob.
Vag Com Settings to customize the experience.
Powder Coat the stock 19" Rims in flat back  (going storm trooper look!)

AWE Intake and Exhaust will go on this summer.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40:08 am »
Yes. 2012 is Pre-Facelift.

The facelift (B8.5) is 2013+

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2014, 11:32:45 am »
Bumping this up because GIAC just released a V2 to their Stage 2 tune.

Comparison between stock, V1 Stage 2 and V2 Stage 2.

Requires Supercharger Pulley, Intake, Exhaust... more dyno gains are seen from adding coolant system upgrades as the back-to-back dyno runs cause HP loss from heatsoak, but I am not sure of their use in a climate like ours.

Seems like most Stage 2 S4's are capable of ~12seconds @ 115mph if they're running 93 Octane. Going up to 104 Octane nets about an 11.8 @ 118mph.

Offline xrayvsn

• WSC Member
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • In the dark
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2014, 12:07:53 pm »
My warranty is up in June. I'm thinking hard about doing the GIAC or APR with pulley.

Then again, what holds me back is my son is getting close to being able to drive. Not sure if having more power in the family sedan is the best idea.

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 M5 - 2015 R1
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2014, 03:14:41 pm »
Those are some nice numbers!! Do any of you have a price list for the scheduled maintenance and isn't there an option to have warranty that includes the maintenance.. Audi Care or something like that?
The heavy four door saloon just beat the sports car.... That's the M5's job!

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »
I've just been going to Glenmore Audi for everything. Im sure im being overcharged. I dont have a price list handy and couldn't find one on their website.

Audi Care:

Audi Care covers the manufacturer-required regularly scheduled maintenance services at 25,000 km, 40,000 km, 55,000 km, and 70,000 km, or 5 years from the original vehicle in-service date, whichever comes first.

The cost of Audi Care at the time of the new vehicle purchase or within 12 months or 20,000 km is $750 MSRP

Audi Pre-Owned Care

The plan covers manufacturer-required regularly scheduled maintenance services at 85,000 km, 100,000 km and 115,000 km, or one year from the last service, whichever comes first. Audi Care Certified pre-owned plan expires 7 years from the original new vehicle in-service date.

The Audi Care Certified pre-owned Vehicle Plan cost is $850 MSRP

Also, had the S4 cleaned by Jed @ Mobile Reflections. Looks like a brand new car again, better than when I got it from the dealership.

Crappy phone pic:

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2014, 01:12:00 pm »
How much did that cost?
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2014, 01:21:34 am »
Thanks! I was ready to pull the trigger on the 2015 STi, but the wife and I decided that the S4 would be a better choice. I'll be getting it before the winter hits (hoping it actually goes away first). I've decided on a 2012+ premium model, manual, Audi drive select, red (but not a 100% sold on it yet).
I've been looking at what's been coming up everyday and hopefully I'll find the one in time for the snow.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2014, 02:48:33 pm »
Why the full drive select instead of just the sport diff?

I drove both and found that I didn't really care all that much about spending the extra $$$ on the drive select.

I have a feeling I'll be getting rid of mine next year (while it still has a year of warranty) and getting a newer one... 2013+ because I like the facelift version much better.

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2014, 01:07:06 am »
Oops, that's what I meant lol. I poped in SouthGate Audi the other day and they have a sexy silver on black in the show room. Technik, 6 speed, sport diff and front grill panel, I had to leave right away lol.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2014, 09:24:19 am »

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2014, 12:59:03 pm »
Oops, that's what I meant lol. I poped in SouthGate Audi the other day and they have a sexy silver on black in the show room. Technik, 6 speed, sport diff and front grill panel, I had to leave right away lol.

nice. The silver has definitely been growing on me lately... wish I'd gotten white, but the wife thinks white cars are for old people (dont ask, i didn't).

I've been going back and forth on the RS4 grill aftermarket... I really like it on the 2013+ models but for some reason, it makes me think of a yawning mouth on the 2010-2012's.

Would you keep it stock or tune it?

On his site it says $75/hr.

Yep. $75/hour and he spent a solid day on it. You can do the math, but the bill wasn't as pretty as the car....

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2014, 01:20:23 pm »
I won't ask about the white, Beige is the old man colour in my eyes. But if you ever decided to go brand new (15) apparently they are bringing the sepang blue (pretty mucht eh german WRB) and it's pretty darn sexy. I love and will be doing the RS4 grill eventually. As for keeping it stock... I doubt I'll keep it stock but I'm going to pace myself so I don't get bored fast. But hearing peoples reviews about some of the exhausts... I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out lol.