Author Topic: 2010 Audi S4  (Read 34295 times)

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: 2010 Audi S4
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »
I know what his rates are, because I almost pulled the trigger. I want to know how long it took.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline sti-tom

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018RS3, 1991 miata
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2014, 01:52:41 pm »
I won't ask about the white, Beige is the old man colour in my eyes. But if you ever decided to go brand new (15) apparently they are bringing the sepang blue (pretty mucht eh german WRB) and it's pretty darn sexy. I love and will be doing the RS4 grill eventually. As for keeping it stock... I doubt I'll keep it stock but I'm going to pace myself so I don't get bored fast. But hearing peoples reviews about some of the exhausts... I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out lol.

Don't pace yourself too much. I'm pretty sure a baby won't be too far off in your future  :P Then your car budget will be hooped.

PS: Jim still thinks your getting a new STi. I tried to tell him otherwise, but some people won't listen lol

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2014, 03:01:32 pm »
I know what his rates are, because I almost pulled the trigger. I want to know how long it took.

10 hours.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2018 M5 - 2015 R1
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2014, 07:27:33 pm »
Don't pace yourself too much. I'm pretty sure a baby won't be too far off in your future  :P Then your car budget will be hooped.

PS: Jim still thinks your getting a new STi. I tried to tell him otherwise, but some people won't listen lol

LOL! I haven't told him yet, but he should HAVE been able to feel it during the test drive lol. Oh well, he'll find out soon enough!
The heavy four door saloon just beat the sports car.... That's the M5's job!

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2014, 07:31:05 pm »
I was at Southgate again today lol... And the salesman said that if I get my mods done there (exhaust, intake, chip etc...) Apparently it won't void the warranty. I asked him 5 different ways and he answer the same each time, so I don't think he misunderstood me lol. I'll do some more digging around to confirm and see if it's in black and white somewhere.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:59 am »
According to what I've read, Stasis tune will void your Audi warranty, however Stasis will assume the remainder of your warranty so essentially, you wont lose it, however people have been screwed by it.

Audi can, and does, hook up your car to the computer during most of the services (not oil change, unless there is a reason to do so) and it will flag your car TD1 (volkswagon flag of a modified car). Audi *can* deny you warranty. My service advisor told me that is only for an engine tune. If you put on an exhaust and your suspension fails, he said they wont deny warranty.. but... YMMV.

The salesman is trying to make the sale, and anything he says, unless written on the bill of sale, should be taken with a grain of salt.

audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline xrayvsn

• WSC Member
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • In the dark
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2014, 12:21:59 am »
I have an exhaust and the fixed a few unrelated things under warranty without issue. I use Glenmore Audi and I have been happy with them. I like that I can get a loaner at no charge for as long as it takes to get the car repaired.

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2014, 01:20:09 am »
According to what I've read, Stasis tune will void your Audi warranty, however Stasis will assume the remainder of your warranty so essentially, you wont lose it, however people have been screwed by it.

Audi can, and does, hook up your car to the computer during most of the services (not oil change, unless there is a reason to do so) and it will flag your car TD1 (volkswagon flag of a modified car). Audi *can* deny you warranty. My service advisor told me that is only for an engine tune. If you put on an exhaust and your suspension fails, he said they wont deny warranty.. but... YMMV.

The salesman is trying to make the sale, and anything he says, unless written on the bill of sale, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Fair enough and I'll definitely get it in writing. Next time I'm going to chat with the service and parts peeps and see what I come up with.

Offline smrt_ass_engr

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 12' Audi S4, 99' 2.5RS
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2014, 08:51:51 am »

+1

Pretty much the same thing that I read on Audizine.  The service manager maybe ok with a tune, however if they hook up your car to the their computer and a tune is present it will flag you car without choice and a TD1 is automatically issued by Audi. 

Its a royal pain but  APR and GIAC tunes can be flashed on/off at Concept1 or Tunerworks respectively, taken in for service, and then return to have the tune re-installed.   

PS. Stasis is dead.  APR is offering anyone with a Stasis tune half off to make the switch to their Stage 1 tune. 

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2014, 05:37:52 pm »
+1

Pretty much the same thing that I read on Audizine.  The service manager maybe ok with a tune, however if they hook up your car to the their computer and a tune is present it will flag you car without choice and a TD1 is automatically issued by Audi. 

Its a royal pain but  APR and GIAC tunes can be flashed on/off at Concept1 or Tunerworks respectively, taken in for service, and then return to have the tune re-installed.   

PS. Stasis is dead.  APR is offering anyone with a Stasis tune half off to make the switch to their Stage 1 tune.

So just so I'm clear, they can flash it on and off and there would be absolutely no trace of it..? Do you know what they would charge to do it?

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2014, 10:02:00 pm »
Honestly, i've heard it both ways. APR claims they can do it, but wont guarantee it, as far as I know. I haven't heard GIAC make that claim.

Some claim that they can still look for it at the dealership if they want to and even if you've been flashed back to stock, they can find out about it.

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2014, 01:42:45 am »
Gotcha.

Guess I'll wait out and see how long I'll last before I'd feel the need to do anything to it. I'll just stick to wheels and such for the first little while.
From what you've researched, have there been any issues from peeps getting stage one or two done? I wonder how reliable they are with the tune.. I'm going to start doing some serious reaserch now.

Offline smrt_ass_engr

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 12' Audi S4, 99' 2.5RS
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2014, 08:23:23 am »
Gotcha.

Guess I'll wait out and see how long I'll last before I'd feel the need to do anything to it. I'll just stick to wheels and such for the first little while.
From what you've researched, have there been any issues from peeps getting stage one or two done? I wonder how reliable they are with the tune.. I'm going to start doing some serious reaserch now.

Poke around on Audizine, needless to say there are zero issues with reliability if APR or GIAC are chosen.  I've been considering one myself since the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

I cant remember his user name, but went to an Audi meet last week and was talking with another B8 S4 owner who mentioned tunes could be flashed on/off and the dealer wouldn't flag it.  However i agree with Zaider, i've heard both claims regarding if a dealer can detect if something has ever been changed. 

Offline frcefed

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2014, 01:33:24 pm »
Sweet thanks!

Forum looks great with loads of info.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2014, 02:56:50 pm »
Bumping this up because I found a really neat feature on the car this past weekend. We were camping and I had the windows rolled down and the music blasting most of the day. For the Subaru, this would have killed the battery, but there is a great feature on the Audi where it keeps track of the battery voltage and shuts the music off before the battery dies to the point that the engine couldn't turn over. Never had an issue where the car wouldn't turn on because of this feature.

Also... because I really really like it... a company called TAG Motorsports did an RS4 Conversion on a 2013 S4. The only RS4's of this body style that exist are the Avants (wagons) so this is literally the only B8.5 RS4 Sedan in existence. They used authentic RS4 Avant parts and did the body work necessary to fit it to a sedan. Basically an OEM widebody...

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2014, 08:01:49 pm »
Wow!  I just went through his build thread on audizine.  I didn't realize how much wider the RS4 was.  Thanks for bringing his car to light.  It's too bad that the thread couldn't be cleaned up from all the "subscribed" and "this isn't a build" posts that take up 80% of the 13 pages.  Still worth the read (and the pictures) though!
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline richie_rich

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 08 Airboy Stage 2 SWP WRX
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2014, 08:07:41 pm »
Yeah, such a dope build.  Read the whole thread about a week ago (since I now puruse Audizine as a fellow Audi owner).  So crazy how everything has come together with that car.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2014, 08:09:18 pm »
Yeah, such a dope build.  Read the whole thread about a week ago (since I now puruse Audizine as a fellow Audi owner).  So crazy how everything has come together with that car.

Speaking of which, are you gonna abandon us like Hoanger?
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline richie_rich

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 08 Airboy Stage 2 SWP WRX
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2014, 09:58:31 pm »
Speaking of which, are you gonna abandon us like Hoanger?

No, not completely.  I've met a great bunch here.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2014, 09:58:31 am »

I've seen pics of the Avant, but that looks amazing on the sedan too.

Needs some Clarkson: "I’m a sucker for flared wheel arches. I’ve often said that in the same way a man can never be too rich, his wheels arches can never be too flared."
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline cha0tik

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '22 Venza | '03 S2K
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2015, 11:37:00 pm »
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead, but I figured I'd post here rather than starting a new topic.

I recently drove an S4 again and I think it may have been a big mistake. I can't stop thinking about that car. The powerband felt great and the car handled very well. I want one now :'(
My 2016 Subaru WRX

Fly high, dive deep.

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2015, 10:24:48 am »
Lol. Welcome to my life. As my warranty is up in May 2016, I was debating getting rid of the S4 this year and buying something else, but I am just not sure what I would replace it with. Right now, it looks like I'd go with another S4.

So far, the only complaint I have about the S4 is that the electronic nanny is too good (not tail happy when I want it to be like the Subaru was) and its lacking on cargo space (camping trips or ski trips get pretty cramped). If they brought the Avant over here, I'd be on it in a second.

Now, with the economy the way it is, I might end up sticking with the S4 for longer. If it gets close to warranty over time... I'll probably be getting a tune. Unitronic (a good VW name) is releasing some tunes for the S4 and, given the recent troubles with APR, I might go that route. I'd probably go straight to Stage 2 (Supercharger Pulley)... but all this is at least a year out. I've been good so far and not modded the S4 at all. It doesn't really need more power as I rarely go more than half-throttle anywhere. Could use the steering brace though as I've noticed some floaty-feeling on higher speed unbalancing of the car.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2015, 10:28:00 am »
I drove a 2012 S4 on the weekend, as I helped a friend take delivery (and he can't drive right now).

It gave me an existential crisis. It was just so... good. But I enjoy not having car payments.

Offline snakeman

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: The Matrix
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2015, 11:24:12 am »
The depreciation on these things makes me sad. I watched my parent's S4 sit in the garage for years and despite this it's still worth less than an STi of the same year with like double the mileage ::)

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2015, 12:14:31 pm »
The depreciation on these things makes me sad. I watched my parent's S4 sit in the garage for years and despite this it's still worth less than an STi of the same year with like double the mileage ::)

Nobody want's to pay for repairs/maintenance on a high performance, out of warranty Audi.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography