Author Topic: Deal to Dominican Republic?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • testing, testing, 1,2,3...!
    • Shane
  • Ride: 2018 WRB STi and 2000 JDM Forester STi
Deal to Dominican Republic?
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:23:50 am »
The wife was invited to goto a wedding in mid October and we are strongly considering going... it will be at the Paridisus (or something like this) in Punta Cana... does anyone have a hook up with a travel agent?

I need 3 RT tickets Calgary to Punta Cana (preferably via Toronto). Dates are Oct 18 - 25th... must be AI!

The wife's ticket is paid, from Toronto, but I need a flight for her there... the other 2 tickets are for the kids...

I've seen some smoking deals for this time of year, so I'm hoping to make this first real vacation with the kids a memorable one...

anyone?

FS: 2014 BMW 320i x-drive 2.0 turbo awd. PM for details

Offline snackers

• WSC Pot Stick Posse
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • More uneven camber than the Westerner lot
  • Ride: Bucket of bolts and sadness
Re: Deal to Dominican Republic?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:28:21 am »
Sorry, I got no deals, but punta cana was awesome when I was there.
Bring back rum!

Airmiles ftw!

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:32:49 am »
no hookups, but the DR is awesome. Was there in March. If you can leave the resort for a day, its worth it to make the trip to Playa Rincon. Its on the Samana peninsula. If you're going to do it, rent a Jeep. The road from the highway (if you can call it that) down to the beach is several km of rocky road that i wouldn't take my subaru down. I did, however, beat the hell out of the rental car on the way there. The beach, once you get there, is a huge expanse of white sand (4.2km long) in a bay. Its backed by a palm tree forest and there are nice rolling waves. We were the only ones in sight. At the far end there is a little tarp hut that serves really great food for cheap.

The other couple places to visit:

Take the cable car ride up the mountain in Puerto Plata. Spectacular.

If you're near Sosua (just east of Puerto Plata), there is a hill called La Mulata (the locals will know where it is). Near the top (keep driving straight up) there is a house that operates a Thai Restaurant out the back. Seriously the best That food i've ever had. Run by a Thai lady and her German husband. They're really really nice and the restaurant is small, 10 tables, right next to the pool.

If you're looking to explore any more than that... let me know. There are plenty of places that i can recommend there.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • Shane
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:37:45 am »
sounds like fun... I hope I can pull this off...

Oh yea, I suppose I should let these guys at work know too I'm skipping town for a week... ;)

Offline wingless

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • Shane
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 12:04:50 pm »
Well, that's it.... I'm booked for 7 days of sun, sand and hopefully if I can loose the wife for a couple hours... some golf!

http://www.paradisuspuntacana.travel/resort.php

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:00:59 pm »
Wingless,

I deal with Marlin Travle in bonnie doon mall edmonton, have for years, they send me on all my trips even corporate ones.
Been going to the same resort in Mexico for 3 years now, the next trip is for 10 days :) i hope.

You can talk to anyone there, they even deal by email.
While its 300km away from you, i recommend them all.

Offline Mr. Wheeler

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2007 WRX Sport Wagon Airboy tuned Stage 0
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 02:02:09 pm »
I've been to that resort! The japanese restaurant is by booking only so book a few visits when you get there. Be sure to be drunk when you go as the food seemed to taste a lot better that way and drink lots of Saki!

The seafood restaurant is okay, DON'T get the lobster. It tasted like mud. It's not the good stuff like we have on our East Coast.

Premium beer is under the counter ask for it. Otherwise all you'll get is Presidente beer which is okay but not that great.

Don't drink the Brugal Rum it's pirate grade garbage. Think JB scotch. Ask for Imperial Barcelo (see below)

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=653837&l=adb38&id=566695392

DO the power boat tour. You can pretend your Miami Vice and stuff. Don't be afraid to pass the ussiepays going slow even though they tell you not to. And it includes a snorkling tour that's WAY better than the shark snorkling tour which was a waste of money. The sharks are kept in pens and sleep on the ground and don't move. Bleh.

Do the trip into Santo Domingo.&nbsp; You can see the oldest city in the Americas and Christopher Columbus' lighthouse and such. Very cool, good shopping. Deal like a used car salesman!

The beach:
http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=387703&l=73743&id=566695392

The beach:
Cough... *Hotness* ... Cough
http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=387714&l=7d052&id=566695392

Offline darkrid3r

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 02:46:23 pm »
barcelo is the resort name i have stayed in for 3 years now, going back for sure in Feb